Candidates who are willing to appear in the recruitment examination of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission can now download the APPSC Syllabus for Group 1, 2, 3 & 4 in detail. For acquiring the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission syllabus you can log on to the official website of the service commission that is www.psc.ap.gov.in. Aspirants are notified that they can also acquire Andhra Pradesh PSC Exam pattern by pressing the given below direct link. The latest exam pattern will help you to know about the weightage of marks of each and every section. You are suggested to prepare according to the APPSC Syllabus 2018 if you wish to give the best performance.
Many candidates have applied to appear in the exam and might have started preparing for the recruitment examination but you need to gain knowledge regarding the updated Andhra Pradesh PSC syllabus. So, aspirants you can get the updated APPSC Syllabus 2018 on this single page which is well maintained and furnished by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com. You can scroll down this page and get the direct links for APPSC Syllabus for Group 1/2/3 and 4.
You may go through APPSC Syllabus properly and get the knowledge regarding the topics in details. APPSC Syllabus will help you to crack the competitive exam.
APPSC Syllabus (Group I):
Here is the APPSC Syllabus for Group-I. You may have a look down and start your preparation according to APPSC Syllabus
Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
General Studies and Mental Ability
- General Science – Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India – emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
- World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP
- Indian polity and Economy – including the country’s political system- rural development –Planning and economic reforms in India
- Mental ability – reasoning and inferences
Disaster Management: (Source: CBSE Publications)
Main Examination (Conventional Type)-General English (X Class Standard)
- Re-arrangement of sentences
- Correction of sentences
- Filling in the blanks
- Correction of spellings
- Vocabulary and usage
- Idioms and phrases
- Verb tenses
- Active voice and Passive voice
- Parts of speech
Paper – I
Paper – II
Section – I: History and Cultural Heritage of India With Emphasis on 20th Century History of India
- Indus Civilization
- Stages of colonialism
- Advent of Islam and its impact
- Rise and growth of Socio-Religious-cultural
- Nationalist Literature
Section –II: Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
Paper – III
Section -I: Planning in India & Indian Economy
- National and per capita income and human development – Sectoral changes in the Indian Economy (GDP and work force).
- Indian Planning – Objectives, priorities, specific aims of the recent 5 year plan-experience and problems. Changes in the role of public-Private Sectors and their
- Poverty and unemployment problems– magnitude and measures initiated to ameliorate them
- Monetary policy – Structure of Indian Banking and non-banking financial institutions and reforms in them since the 1990s—regulation of credit by RBI.
- Pattern of revenue, expenditure and public debt and effects on the economy
Section – II: Land Reforms & Social Changes in A.P after Independence
Section –III: Andhra Pradesh’s Economy, Present Status, Its Strengths and Weakness
- Growth and structure of industries in AP; Factories, small and tiny sectors, their comparison, growth, weaknesses and problems.
- Structure of agricultural outputs. Administrated prices including support and procurement prices – Public Distribution System in Andhra Pradesh.
- Regional disparities in income, industrial output, rainfall, irrigation, health and education in AP.
- Institutional and non-institutional sources of rural credit in AP – structure and growth – cooperatives and their share in total credit – adequacy and problems.
- Service Sector of AP – Importance, composition and growth with special reference to transport and communication, tourism and information technology.
Paper – IV
SECTION-I: Role and Impact Of Science And Technology In The Development Of India
SECTION-II: General Awareness with the Modern Trends In Life Sciences
- Progress of Agricultural Science and its impacts – Introduction to Biotechnology: History of fermentation development, industrially important fermentation products (antibiotics, organic acids, alcohols, vitamins, amino acids (only one in each category is to be studied)) Production of low volume, high value fermentation products (insulin, growth hormones, recombinant vaccines, interferons)
- Plants and human affairs, characteristics of plants, usefulness for mankind, origin of agriculture, useful and harmful plants. Introduction to animals, Domestic and wild animals, usefulness of animals for mankind, Exploitation of animals by man for food and medical advancements
- Introduction to and applications of Genetic Engineering & Stem Cell Research: Basic concepts (the basic process of genetic engineering) – Biotechnology in agriculture (Biofertilisers, Biopesticides, Biofuels, Genetically modified crops, Tissue culture) animal husbandry (transgenic animals- applications) and environment (Biotechnology in Environmental clean up processes).
- Microbial infections ; Common present day infections and preventive measures. Introduction to bacterial, viral, protozoal and fungal infections. Basic knowledge of infections caused by different groups of micro organisms – diarrhoea, dysentry, cholera, tuberculosis, malaria, viral infections like HIV, encephalitis, chikungunya, bird flu – preventive measures during out breaks.
- Vaccines: Introduction to immunity, Fundamental concepts in vaccination and traditional methods of vaccine production (production of DPT and Rabies vaccine), Production of Modern Vaccines (production of Hepatitis vaccine), Applications of immunological methods in diagnosis.
SECTION-III: Development & Environment Problems
Paper – V
Data Interpretation and Problem Solving:
- Data appreciation and interpretation using ratios, percentages and averages.
- Drawing conclusions from the data present in tabular, graphical and diagrammatical forms and to point out deficiencies, limitations or inconsistencies therein.
- Problem solving using the following:
- Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabets, completion of blank spaces in a:b,c,d, odd thing out, missing number in a sequence or series.
- Coding and decoding problems: A given word or group of letters in English are to be coded or decoded based on the given code(s).
- Date, time and arrangement problems: Calender and clock problems, blood relationship and seating arrangements.
APPSC Syllabus Group- I >>>Download PDF
Read More on: APPSC Group 1 Syllabus
APPSC Syllabus (Group II)
Candidates may go through the updated APPSC Syllabus to prepare for the competition. Please have a look on APPSC Syllabus for Group II.
Paper I – General Studies
Disaster Management (Source: CBSE Publications)
a. Concepts in disaster management and vulnerability profile of India / State of A.P.
b. Earth quakes / Cyclones / Tsunami / Floods / Drought – causes and effects.
c. Manmade disasters – Prevention strategies.
d. Mitigation strategies / Mitigation measures.
Paper II – Social & Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
General Overview of the Indian Constitution:
- Salient features of the Indian Constitution – Preamble, Fundamental Duties, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship.
- Distinctive features of Indian Federation – Distribution of Legislative Powers between the Union and the State; Relative roles of Legislature, Executive and Judiciary. 17
- Community development experiment – 3 tier model of Panchayat Raj – 73rd and 74th amendments and their implementation.
- Welfare Mechanism in India: Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes and Minorities; Reservations for SC, ST and Backward Classes; Prevention of SC and ST Atrocities Act; National and State SC and ST Commission; Women’s Commission; National and States Minorities Commission and Human Rights Commission.
- Unicameral and Bicameral Legislatures – Functions and crises of accountability, decline of legislature.
Paper III – Planning in India & Indian Economy
APPSC Syllabus Group- II >>>Download PDF
Also Check out: APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern
APPSC Syllabus (Group III)
The latest APPSC Syllabus for Group III will help you to prepare well for the exam. you can through APPSC Syllabus properly.
General Studies, Mental Ability and Language Ability
- Current affairs of National importance.
- History and Geography of Andhra Pradesh.
- MENTAL ABILITY.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: – Ability for comprehension, summarisation, idiomatic usage, vocabulary and usage, detection of mistakes, absurdities etc.
Contemporary Problems and Development of Rural Society with Special Reference to Andhra Pradesh
APPSC Syllabus Group- III >>>Download PDF
Get here: APPSC Syllabus Group 3 and Exam pattern
Get Preparation Material: APPSC Study Material
APPSC Syllabus (Group IV)
- Current Affairs
- Secretarial Abilities
- Mental Ability (Verbal and non-verbal)
- Logical Reasoning
- Re-arrangement of sentences with a view to improving analysis of a passage
- Numerical and Arithmetical abilities.
APPSC Syllabus Group- IV (Intermediate Standard) >>>Download PDF
APPSC Syllabus Group- IV (SSC Standard) >>>Download PDF
Download From here: APPSC Group 4 Previous Papers
Get here: APPSC Group 4 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Applicants need to check Official Link to gain information related to APPSC Syllabus 2018. You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest updates from www.recruitmentinboxx.com
If you have any query related to APPSC Syllabus you may ask this in the below given comment box. We will reply you as soon as possible and solve your queries regarding APPSC Syllabus.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|Latest PSC Notification||APPSC Hall Ticket|
|APPSC Notification||APPSC Recruitment|
|APPSC Results||APPSC Answer Key|
|APPSC Eligibility Criteria||Andhra Pradesh Jobs|
|PSC Exam Books for Preparation||PSC Question Papers|