Career In Mass Communication
Career In Mass Communication offers a variety of job options in films & TV, publishing, filming and many other Future Scope with a high Salary package. Wait, if you believe that mass communication is only related to journalism then here we are guiding you with complete info on broad Future Scope within Mass Communication sector. This Mass Communication sector offers ample of opportunities along with job satisfaction with a high salary paying.
Mass Communication is not limited to journalism only, by these terms we mean ‘a way of presenting the information through various ways such as; printed articles, blogs, and television, etc’. Since, the current Indian media industry is growing so as good opportunity for a fresher are available. For more, check here all requirements, job prospects, salary, and other details.
Career In Mass Communication
In order to set up Career In Mass Communication, one has be 12th passed in any discipline and have an ability of excellent communication skills. There’s a great demand for mass communication professionals and soon after cleared 12th standard and individual can go for the following courses:
- Diploma Courses (1 yr.)
- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (3 yr)
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication (2 yr)
- Post graduate diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication (1 yr)
- Bachelors in Journalism and Mass Communication are usually a three years course.
Although there are many different options available to graduates, but one can establish career in Mass Communication, although this is not a glamorous job but it offers you a chance to prove your smartness….
Also Read: 10 Best Unique Careers for Art Students
Entrance exam for a course in Mass communication and Journalism
- Asian College of Journalism entrance exam
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication entrance exam
- International School of Business and Media entrance exam
- Jamia Milia Islamia entrance exam
- Manipal Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Xavier Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Mudra Institute of Communication entrance exam
- Andhra University Common Entrance Test
- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
Great Career Guarantee: 8 New Courses, Which Draws Salary In Millions
Some Good Institutes for Mass Communication Courses;
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), New Delhi
- Xavier institute of Communication, Mumbai
- Asian College of Journalism, Chennai
- J Kidwai MCRC, Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications, Pune
- Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media, Bangalore
- Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahemedabad
- Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Pune
- Manorama School of Communication, Kottayam, Kerala
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Sardar Patel College of Communication & Management, New Delhi
Within a career in Mass Communication, individual offered with lots of jobs outlook, from news channels to TV shows, magazines, co-related publishing firms and others. But if we talk about the utmost advantage of being in career of journalism and related the great benefit is that you are free to work with or for many companies. The job profile in this field may depend upon the company in which you are working and your overall experience.
- Hindustan Times Group of Publication
- NDTV Network
- Zee TV Network
- Times of India Publication Group
- TV 18 Group
- Big Entertainment and numerous others
Know More About: Careers That Involve Creativity
Job Profiles/ Different Roles, Different Names:
|TV Anchor||Radio Jockey/ RJ|
|Senior Journalist||Sound Engineer|
|Junior journalist||Sound Mixer and Sound Recordist|
|Screen Writer||Special Correspondent|
|Editor at large||Video Jockey|
|Fashion Photographer||Art Director|
|TV Correspondent||Event manager|
|Producer||Public Relations Officer|
Must Check: 13 Steps to Go Overseas, International
Expected Salary Info:
Though salary depends on skills and experience yet, starting salary for a mass communication professional as a correspondent, news reporter could be between Rs 12 K and 25 K. After some experience, you could be working as an editor or an anchor, the salary in this profile could be around in the range of Rs 50 K to Rs 1 Lacs on monthly basis.
Here’s a conclusion for this, guys if you are really good at communication skills or interested in film industry then adopting career in Mass Communication is for you… It’s a great career path and we advise you to go for it!!!
You May Also Like To Check This Section