Career In Medical Field After 10th/12th
The importance of medical field in today’s scenario is something like cannot be estimated or ignored as there’s a continuous growth in the complications related to human and in various phases of medical field. If you’re considering taking Career In Medical Field After 10th/12th as a Job Opportunity option, then this field is among the most satisfying career for the ones who have interest in science and can handle ill people with care. In the past years the sector of medical studies have gone through a variety of phases of growth and now it has become so immense that specializations inside are really in a high demand day by day.
Becoming a doctor is a dream for many and a doctor’s position or a profession in medical field involves a lot of hard work with a good degree of commitment and at the same time, it also brings with it the satisfaction of having cured people suffering from illness, disease and trauma.
Career In Medical Field After 10th/12th
A simple degree in medicine is yet not sufficient just for making a successful career. And a doctor may also have to be equipped with computers & IT skills, which are necessary to operate medical equipments but also provide options to use non-invasive methods of treatment. The development in medical sciences has enhanced our longevity and decreased mortality rates dramatically.
To have your career in medical field, firstly you need to complete higher secondary in a science stream (with physics, chemistry and biology). To be eligible candidate one needs to qualify medical entrance examination which is conducted by state governments, central government, and individual private institutes.
An individual after holding MBBS / BDS degree and internship period can go and apply as a junior or fresher in any healthcare institute. For being paid and employed in medical private and reputed medical institutes, individuals need to contain interest degree/diploma (postgraduate) in the respective field.
Top Ten Medical Colleges In India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- JIPMER College, Puduchery
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Lady Hardinge Medical College (LHMC), Delhi
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Grant Medical College, Mumbai
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
Here Is The List Of Careers Options In Medical Field:
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Certified Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Family Social Worker
- General Pediatrician
- Health Information Technician
- Health Services Manager
- Obstetrician and Gynecologist
- Rehabilitation Counselor
- Respiratory Therapy Technician
Job hunters must have passed Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline and many organizations seek additional certification from reputed Institution/university.
We are giving you some Entrance Examination name, job hunters must prepare or these exam, so that they can easily achieve their goals.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences
- All India Pre-Medical/ Pre-Dental Entrance Test
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research
- Uttarakhand Common Pre Medical Entrance Examination
- BLDE University Under-Graduate Entrance Test
- Punjab Medical Entrance Test
- All India Common Entrance Examination
- All India Common Entrance Test
- After passing these examinations, aspirants will get the admission in the big colleges which provide various job opportunities to the job seekers.
List of Medical Courses
The best medical courses are as the following:
- B. B. S. (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) – 5.5 years
MBBS is the bachelor degree in medical field for cure & diagnose, awarded in many countries.
- D. S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) – 4 years
BDS is a professional degree programme in dentistry.
- H. M. S. (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery) – 5.5 years
BHMS is a bachelor degree in Homeopathic Education in India regulated by the National Institute of Homeopathy.
- A. M. S. (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) – 5.5 years
BAMS is a bachelor degree in Ayurvedic system of medical field. In India, the Ayurvedic Education is regulated by the Central Council of Indian Medicine (CCIM).
- D. (Doctor of Medicine) – 3 years
This degree is awarded to the doctors who are physicians. The minimum eligibility for this course is MBBS.
- S. (Master of Surgery) – 3 years
This degree is awarded to the doctors who master course in surgery. The minimum eligibility for this course is MBBS.
- M (Doctorate in Medicine) – 2 to 3 years
DM is a doctorate degree equivalent to the PhD degree awarded by the many universities in the USA. Doctors having M.D degree are eligible for this course.
- Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) – 4 years
Candidate must have passed 10+2 with at least 50% marks with biology/mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects, or D. Pharm (Diploma in Pharmacy). This degree involves the knowledge of pharmacy.
- B.Sc Nursing – 4 years;
Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology with a minimum of 45% marks. The motive of B.Sc. Nursing programme is to produce the qualified nurses, as a member of the health care team.
- P.T (Physiotherapy) – 4.5 years
Candidate must have passed in 12th class or equivalent with a minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology. Physiotherapy helps the temporary disabled people in their rehabilitation.
- O.T (Occupational Therapy) – 3 years
Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Some institutions may opt for an entrance examination. The Occupational Therapy helps the people to enable in their everyday life and treats the emotionally and physically challenged people.
- U.M.S (Unani Medicine) – 5.5 years
BUMS degree is equivalent to the BAMS, but in Unani medicines. Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Urdu is compulsory up to 10th class or equivalent Education. Candidate must have attained minimum 17 years of age at the admission.
- Pharm (Ayurvedic, Siddha Medicine) – 2 years
It is a medical diploma course in pharmacy of ayurvedic medicines. Candidate must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- BMLT (Bachelor of Medical Lab Technicians) – 3 year
It is a bachelor degree of medical laboratory technology, contains the entire laboratory practices of the medical system. Candidate must have cleared the 10+2 exam with PCB. Various institutions are offering the B.Sc. programme in medical laboratory technology in India.
- DMLT (Diploma of Medical Lab Technicians) – 1 year
It is a medical diploma course of medical laboratory technology, contains the laboratory practices of the medical field. Candidate must have cleared the 10+2 exam with PCB.
- The medical field is one of the highest salary paying fields in India and abroad too. Today, there is a big demand of well skilled and educated medical candidate is rising.
- Being of a big pool of different courses, the medical field offers the student a wide range of good salaries.
- If you have MD or MS degree you will get the $500000 to 1000000 per annum.
- If you have done the bachelor, you can earn the $100000 to 300000 per annum.
- If you posses the technician, nursing or assistance course, you can get the $50000 to 100000 per annum.
It is a great career path as India speedily growing as a health tourism destination. Therefore, there is immense scope for the medical professionals to cure ailments as well as advice on healthier lifestyles. You must check this page time to time for getting updated information. If you have any query you can mention it on the given comment box.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section