CAT is a National Level Online Exam organized for providing admission to MBA / PGDM Courses in IIMs and top B- Schools of India. CAT 2018 will be conducted by Indian Institutes of Management, Delhi in the month of December 2018. CAT 2018 Notification will be released in the month of July 2018. CAT Exam 2018 Online Registration will be started from August 2018 onwards. From this single page you may get the whole details regarding CAT 2018 Exam, CAT 2018 Result, Exam Date, Question Paper, Mock Test etc.
You can fill the CAT 2018 Form on or before the last date that is September 2018. Common Admission Test is organized annually on a rotational basis by Indian Institute of Management. 20 Indian Institutes of Management and more than 136 Management Institutes participate in Common Admission Test. Go through the below section of this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com to know more about CAT 2018.
CAT 2018 Reservation Criteria
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15% Seats|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5% Seats|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27% Seats|
|Physically Handicapped /PwD||3% Seats|
CAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
CAT Qualification: Contenders should possess Bachelor’s Degree in any stream from any recognized College or University. Applicants appearing in the final year of qualifying exam or who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result are also eligible to apply for IIM Cat 2018.
Percentage Criteria: In the qualifying exam, applicants must have secured minimum 50% marks for general and 45% marks in case of SC, ST and PwD candidates.
Other Qualification: CA/CS/ICWA Professional Degree Holders are also eligible to apply for CAT Notification 2018.
Read More on: CAT Eligibility Criteria
CAT Fee Details
- For General / NC-OBC Category: Rs. 1800/-.
- For SC/ST /PWD Category: Rs.900/-
- Applicants can pay the application fee through online mode using Debit/Credit Card & Net Banking.
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for amount up to Rs.2000.00|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for amount more than Rs.2000.00|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction|
CAT Admission Process
- Admission will be done on the basis of marks obtained in CAT Exams 2018, Personal Interview (PI), and Group Discussions (GD).
- The admissions will be provided on the basis of overall performance of the applicants in CAT Entrance Exam 2018, DG, and PI & WAT.
- The candidate’s academic records and work experience (if any) will also be considered to provide admissions.
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
Applicants can check the CAT 2018 Exam Pattern from below:
- The CAT 2018 Paper will be organized on digital or Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- The duration of exam is of 180 minutes.
- The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- For multiple choice questions, one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
Hit Here to Know: Tips to Crack CAT Exam in First Attempt
CAT 2018 Syllabus
The CAT 2018 Syllabus comprises of four sections, i.e. Quantitative Ability or Mathematics, Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English and Logical Reasoning. To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole CAT Exam Syllabus for exam preparations.
Verbal and Reading Comprehension: Verbal Reasoning, Antonyms and Synonyms, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, Fill in the Blanks, Syllogism, Analogies, Idioms.
Data Interpretation: Area Graph, Line Graph, Charts (Columns, Bar, Pie), Tables, Venn Diagrams
Logical Reasoning: Clocks and Calendars, Directions, Binary Logic, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Linear and Matrix Arrangement, Syllogism
Quantitative Ability: Number System, Geometry, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Quadratic & Linear Equation, Algebra, Permutation and Combination, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Work, Trigonometry
CAT 2018 Mock Test
- Candidates may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- The Mock Test for CAT will be released on October 18, on the official website of CAT Official Website.
- The CAT Tutorial or practice test will explain the format of exam along with the navigation system to applicants.
- It is important for applicants to take the CAT Mock Test for a better understanding of the online examination process.
Download Here: CAT Previous Year Question Papers
CAT 2018 Admit Card
- Only those candidates will be able to get the CAT Admit Card 2018 who has successfully submitted their online application form.
- CAT 2018 Hall Ticket will be provided to students through online mode.
- Candidates can download the CAT Exam Admit Card by entering their User ID and Password.
- The admit card will contain details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
CAT 2018 Answer Key
- The CAT Answer Key 2018 will contain the correct answers of the questions asked in the CAT Paper 2018.
- CAT Answer Sheet will be published within a week after the examination.
- Applicants can get the answer key via online mode through the official site.
- Through answer key, candidates can have an idea about their performance in the examination.
CAT 2018 Results
- CAT Result 2018 is expected to be declared in January 2019.
- Exact CAT 2018 Result Date will be intimated soon on official site of CAT 2018.
- Candidates can check their CAT Results 2018 on the official website.
- Post declaration of result, each IIM will release their separate cut offs.
- On the basis of cut offs, candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds for the admission process.
CAT 2018 Cut Off Trends in Different CAT Participating Institutes
|B-School||CAT Cut Off 2018 (expected)|
|UBS Chandigarh||93+ Percentile|
|FMS, DU (Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi)||98.20 Percentile|
|DMS, IIT Delhi||98+ Percentile|
|Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad||90+ Percentile|
|SJMSOM, IIT Bombay||99+ Percentile|
|Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon||95+ Percentile|
|Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras||95+ Percentile|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai||95+ Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)||90+ Percentile|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||90+ Percentile|
|T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal||85+ Percentile|
Check Here: Top 10 CAT Coaching Institutes In India
How to Fill CAT Registration 2018 Form?
- Candidates can start the CAT 2018 Registration from August 2018 followed by filling of the CAT Application Form, uploading of important documents form, payment of required fee and submission of the application form.
- The CAT Application Form 2018 can be filled through the official website of CAT at iimcat.ac.in.
- Candidate must check and must ensure their eligibility and other conditions like possession of an active and valid personal e-mail ID and a mobile number before applying for CAT 2018.
- Candidate should register him/herself online by providing the required information.
- The system will send two separate emails giving candidates User ID and Password on the registered email ID of the candidate.
- You can CAT 2018 Login with the provided User ID and Password.
- Complete the application form by filling in the correct and required information and upload the important/ required documents.
- Make payment of application fee and check form at once and press on “Submit” button.
Get Here: CAT Exam Preparation Books
CAT 2018 Important Dates
|Events||Cat 2018 Dates|
|CAT 2018 Notification will be Released||June / July 2018|
|Online Registration for CAT 2018 will start from||August 2018|
|CAT 2018 Last Date for Online Registration||September 2018|
|CAT 2018 Admit Card will release in||October 2018|
|CAT Exam Date 2018||November 29, 2018|
|CAT Result Date 2018||2nd week of January 2019|
Check this page completely to know about CAT 2018. Applicants, if you have any query concerning CAT 2018 Exam you can leave a comment in comment box. Our team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com will resolve their all queries at our best level. You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get more details about your exam and score card etc. You may get latest updates in your inbox by subscribe our free mail service.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|MBA Entrance Exam||CAT Voucher|
|Top MBA Colleges in India||CAT Affiliated Colleges India|
|List Of Top Universities in India||Scholarship in India|
|List Of Top Universities in India||Why College Attendance is Important|