CDS Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to join Indian Armed Forces are informed that Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct the CDS I examination 2018 on 04-02-2018. Those aspirants who are interested to apply against the same, they can check the whole CDS Eligibility Criteria through this page. Candidates who ensure the required eligibility criteria such as Age limits, Qualification criteria and Physical Standards etc are only eligible to apply. It is compulsory for every candidate to check the norms of eligibility before applying for CDS Exam 2018. Candidates must get complete details regarding CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018 from the below stated page.
CDS exam is conducted twice a year by Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment in the three armed forces of India- Air Force, Army and Navy. Male applicants can apply for IMA, AFA, NA and OTA and female contenders can only apply for OTA. If you find yourself eligible by fulfilling the eligibility criteria then only go further for the applying procedure of CDS exam. Get complete details about CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018 from the below segment of this single page given by the the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
CDS Eligibility Criteria
CDS Nationality Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants make sure that they he/ she should be
A citizen of India, OR
A subject of Nepal, OR
A subject of Bhutan, OR
Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st July 1962 with the intention of permanently settle down in India.
A person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India are also eligible.
Check Here: CDS Previous Year Paper
|Air Force Academy||
|Indian Military Academy||Aspirants must have a degree from recognized university.|
|Naval Academy||Must have engineering degree from any recognized university or institute|
|Officers Training Academy||All other men candidates as well as women candidates applying for Officers training academy should possess Degree from any recognized university or institute|
CDS Age Limit:
For Indian Military Academy Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
|For Indian Military Academy||Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible|
|For Indian Naval Academy|
|For Air Force Academy||20 to 24 years as on 01st July 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01 July 1998 (Upper age limit for applicants holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1992 and not later than 01st July 1998) only are eligible|
|For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd July 1993 and not later than 01st July 1999 only are eligible|
|For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible|
Applicants belonging to reserved category candidates will age relaxation benefits as per decided by the management of the organization.
CDS Physical Standards:
For admission to Combined Defence Services Examination applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards.
Height and weight standards-
Candidates who are intended to apply for CDS Examination must need to fulfill all requirements and conditions. Thus here….. We have provided all Combined Defence Service eligibility criteria interested candidates must ensure their Eligibility from below stated page.
Height/Weight Standards for Male Candidates:
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
|152||44 (45 navy)||46||47|
|155||46||48 (47 navy)||49|
Height/Weight Standards for Female Candidates:
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
Physical Tests for Indian Armed Forces: Know More About Medical Standards
- Minimum height required for male candidates is 157.5 cms, for Navy 157 and for Air Force 162.5 cms and height required for women candidates is 152 cms.
- Minimum height required for Gorkhas and those who are citizens of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon is 152.5 cms.
- Relaxation is applicable for Lakshadweep candidates … so they can have height less by 2 cms.
For Navy and Air Force
Candidates applying for Navy and Air Force may be exceed by A ± 10% from the average weight as given in the above table.
Applicants who have heavy bones and broad build and who have thin body but otherwise healthy will be granted some extent on merit.
- One must have sufficient natural teeth.
- For one 14 dental points may be accepted.
- Applicants make sure they should not suffer from severe pyorrhea.
Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions
- Applicant’s hearing should be normal.
- Candidates will be able to hear forced whisper at a distance of 610 cms in a quiet room.
- Candidates also keep in mind that in past or present they have not any kind of disease in ear, nose and throat.
- Audiometric loss should not be exceeding from +20 db in frequencies between 250Hz and 4000 Hz.
- One must have 6/6 vision so that candidates should read vision chart with or without glasses
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia may not exceed than 3.5D including Astigmatism
- Women candidates will be able to read 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) vision chart with or without glasses.
- Make sure Myopia should not exceed more than -5.5 including Astogination.
Radial keratotomy and Laser Surgery:
Those who have undergone for Radial Keratotomy in order to improve visual acuity they will directly rejected for three services but will get entry in Army only when if candidates fulfill all basic requirements are as follows-
- Age of applicants should be more than 20 years
- There must be Healthy retina
- Corrected vision of applicant should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye.
- Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure which is done for Myopia or Hypermetropia to the candidates with stable refraction for a period of six months after this process.
- Axial length within permissible limits
|Running||2 to 4 Km. in 15 minutes|
|Pushups & Sit-ups||Minimum 20 each|
|Chin ups||Minimum 08|
|Rope Climbing||3 to 4 metres.|
Anthropometric measurements Air Force
|Anthropometric (Body) Measurements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm – 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm – 96.00cm|
Carrying angle of elbow should not be more than 100 (ten degree).
Vision Standards for Air force
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Sph|
|Colour Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Visual Standards for Navy
|Uncorrected without glass||6/12|
|Corrected with glass||6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-1.5|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I|
- Speech test: Whispered hearing 610 cms each ear.
- Audiometric Test: Audiometric loss should not exceed +20 db in frequencies between 250 Hz and 8000 Hz.
- Routine ECG should be within normal limits
Maddox Rod Test
At 6 meters—
- Exo-6 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypo-1prism D
At 33 cms—
- Exo-16 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypo-1 prism D
Hand held Stereoscope—All of BSV Grades
CDS Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be physically fit as per the prescribed physical standard
- Candidate must be in good physical and sound mental health and free from any disease/disability that can interfere the efficient performance of duties
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
- Applicants must have normal blood pressure.
- Make sure candidates do not have any functional or organic disease in heart and blood vessels.
- Applicants should have good binocular vision.
- Applicants having Hernia, then it should be operated if it is un-operated it may lead to rejection.
CDS 1 Exam Date 2018: 04-02-2018
For more information about CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018, aspirants may go through the Official website. You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest updates on your timeline. If you want to get information in your mailbox, please subscribe to our free mail service.
As soon as other latest details regarding CDS Exam eligibility will available, we will update this page. You can bookmark our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get latest information about other exams and recruitment time to time.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|CDS Admit Card||UPSC CDS Notification|
|Best CDS Coaching Institute||CDS Exam Syllabus|
|UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result||UPSC CDS Result|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Calendar|