CDS Eligibility Criteria
Those contenders who want to apply against UPSC Combined Defence Services exam (1/2) must fulfill the CDS Eligibility Criteria. Eligibility Criteria includes age limitation, educational qualification, nationality, physical standards etc.
Only those candidates who fulfill the whole criteria can apply against the Union Public Service Commission CDS Exam. To download CDS Eligibility Criteria in PDF form, aspirants need to hit the respective link mentioned on this web page.
Combined Defence Services Examination Eligibility Criteria 2019:
Candidates can apply against CDS 1 through proper mode till 26-11-2018. After that, they will go through written exam which will be held on 03-02-2019. In the month of March 2019, the organization will declare the CDS 1 Result.
Rest of details about UPSC CDS Eligibility Criteria 2019 is listed below by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com Check it out and get the complete eligibility criteria of CDS 1/ 2 Examinations.
CDS Eligibility Criteria
CDS Nationality Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants make sure that they he/ she should be:
- A citizen of India, OR
- A subject of Nepal, OR
- A subject of Bhutan, OR
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st July 1962 with the intention of permanently settle down in India.
- A person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with intention of permanently settling in India are also eligible.
Read Out: CDS 1 2019 Notification
|Academy||UPSC CDS Qualification|
|Air Force Academy|
|Indian Military Academy||As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Aspirants must have a degree from recognized university.|
|Naval Academy||As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Must have engineering degree from any recognized university or institute|
|Officers Training Academy||CDS Eligibility Criteria: All other men candidates as well as women candidates applying for Officers training academy should possess Degree from any recognized university or institute|
Grab Today: More Engineering Jobs
CDS Age Limit 2019:
As per CDS Eligibility Criteria, For Indian Military Academy Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible. Check CDS Age Eligibility from here. Applicants belonging to reserved category candidates will get age relaxation benefits as per decided by the management of the organization.
|For Indian Military Academy||As per CDS Age Limit: Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 02nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 only are eligible|
|For Indian Naval Academy|
|For Air Force Academy||20 to 24 years as on 01st Jan 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd Jan 1996 and not later than 1st Jan 2001 (Upper age limit for applicants holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02nd Jan 1994 and not later than 01st Jan 2001) only are eligible|
|For Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for Men)||Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd Jan 1995 and not later than 01st Jan 2001 only are eligible|
|For Officer Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course)||As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorces (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible|
Applicants belonging to reserved category candidates will age relaxation benefits as per decided by the management of the organization.
Read More Details On: UPSC Age Limit
CDS Physical Standards:
For admission to Combined Defence Services Examination applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards.
Height and weight standards-
Candidates who are intended to apply for CDS Examination must need to fulfill all requirements and conditions. Thus here….. We have provided all Combined Defence Service eligibility criteria interested candidates must ensure their Eligibility from below stated page.
Height/Weight Standards for Male Candidates:
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
|152||44 (45 navy)||46||47|
|155||46||48 (47 navy)||49|
Height/Weight Standards for Female Candidates:
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
Physical Tests for Indian Armed Forces: Know More About Medical Standards
- Minimum height required for male candidates is 157.5 cms, for Navy 157 and for Air Force 162.5 cms and height required for women candidates is 152 cms.
- Minimum height required for Gorkhas and those who are citizens of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon is 152.5 cms.
- Relaxation is applicable for Lakshadweep candidates … so they can have height less by 2 cms.
For Navy and Air Force
Candidates applying for Navy and Air Force may be exceed by A ± 10% from the average weight as given in the above table.
Applicants who have heavy bones and broad build and who have thin body but otherwise healthy will be granted some extent on merit.
Check Salary Package: UPSC CDS Officer Salary
CDS Medical Standards
Applicants must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2019. Applicants must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability.
- One must have sufficient natural teeth.
- For one 14 dental points may be accepted.
- Applicants make sure they should not suffer from severe pyorrhea.
Ear, Nose and Throat Conditions
- Applicant’s hearing should be normal.
- Candidates will be able to hear forced whisper at a distance of 610 cms in a quiet room.
- Candidates also keep in mind that in past or present they have not any kind of disease in ear, nose and throat.
- Audiometric loss should not be exceeding from +20 db in frequencies between 250Hz and 4000 Hz.
- One must have 6/6 vision so that candidates should read vision chart with or without glasses
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia may not exceed than 3.5D including Astigmatism
- Women candidates will be able to read 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) vision chart with or without glasses.
- Make sure Myopia should not exceed more than -5.5 including Astogination.
Radial keratotomy and Laser Surgery:
Those who have undergone for Radial Keratotomy in order to improve visual acuity they will directly rejected for three services but will get entry in Army only when if candidates fulfill all basic requirements are as follows-
- Age of applicants should be more than 20 years
- There must be Healthy retina
- Corrected vision of applicant should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye.
- Uncomplicated stable LASIK/Excimer (PRK) laser procedure which is done for Myopia or Hypermetropia to the candidates with stable refraction for a period of six months after this process.
- Axial length within permissible limits
Find Out: More Defence Jobs
CDS Physical Conditions
|Running||2 to 4 Km. in 15 minutes|
|Pushups & Sit-ups||Minimum 20 each|
|Chin ups||Minimum 08|
|Rope Climbing||3 to 4 metres.|
Anthropometric measurements Air Force
|Anthropometric (Body) Measurements for Air Force Pilot|
|Leg length||99.00cm – 120.00cm|
|Thigh length||Max 64.00cm|
|Sitting height||81.50cm – 96.00cm|
Carrying angle of elbow should not be more than 100 (ten degree).
Vision Standards for Air force
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6 (only for Hypermetropia)|
|Limits of Myopia||Nil|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+2.00 D Sph|
|Colour Vision||CPI (MLT)|
|Near Vision||N-5 each eye|
Visual Standards for Navy
|Uncorrected without glass||6/12|
|Corrected with glass||6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-1.5|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||+1.5|
|Limits of Colour Perception||I|
- As per CDS Eligibility Criteria: Speech test: Whispered hearing 610 cms each ear.
- Audiometric Test: Audiometric loss should not exceed +20 db in frequencies between 250 Hz and 8000 Hz.
- Routine ECG should be within normal limits
Maddox Rod Test
At 6 meters—
- Exo-6 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypo-1prism D
At 33 cms—
- Exo-16 prism D
- Eso-6 prism D
- Hyper-1 prism D
- Hypo-1 prism D
Hand held Stereoscope—All of BSV Grades
Check Marking Scheme: CDS Exam Pattern
CDS Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be physically fit as per the prescribed physical standard
- Candidate must be in good physical and sound mental health and free from any disease/disability that can interfere the efficient performance of duties
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or over weight.
- Applicants must have normal blood pressure.
- Make sure candidates do not have any functional or organic disease in heart and blood vessels.
- Applicants should have good binocular vision.
- Applicants having Hernia, then it should be operated if it is un-operated it may lead to rejection.
|Exam Events||For CDS I||For CDS II|
|Online application process begins||31-10-2018||12-06-2019|
|Last date for the receipt of application form||26-11-2018||08-07-2019|
|Issuance of CDS admit card||3 weeks before the exam||3 weeks before the exam|
|Date of written examination||03-02-2019||08-09-2019|
|Announcement of result||March 2019||October 2019|
For more information about CDS Eligibility Criteria 2019, aspirants may go through the Official website. You may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest updates on your timeline. If you want to get information in your mailbox, please subscribe to our free mail service about CDS I Eligibility Criteria and CDS II Eligibility Criteria.
As soon as other latest details regarding CDS Exam eligibility will available, we will update this page. You can bookmark our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get latest information about CDS Eligibility Criteria and recruitment time to time.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC CDS Cut Off||CDS Previous Year Paper|
|UPSC CDS 1 Result||CDS Exam Centres|
|How to Prepare For CDS Exam||CDS Syllabus|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC CDS Admit Card|
|Best CDS Coaching Institutes||CDS Preparation Books|