CDS Previous Year Paper
For a quick and strong preparation, you can take help from CDS Previous Year Paper. By solving UPSC CDS Solved Exam Questions in a regular way, you can easily crack exam with good marks. Willing candidates can download CDS Model Paper in a PDF form by going through this page. The best things or the best way of practicing for the CDS entrance examinations is CDS Sample Paper.
Combined Defence Services Previous Year Paper contain question of last 5 to 7 years, which asked in CDS Examination. We the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com is providing some important CDS Previous Year question below on this page. Interested applicants please try to solve these questions to crack exam with good marks.
CDS Exam Covers Following Parts
- General Knowledge
- Elementary Mathematics
CDS Previous Year Paper
1. If the surface area of a sphere is 616 square cm, what is its volume?
- 4312/3 cubic cm
- 4102/3 cubic cm
- 1257 cubic cm
- 1437 cubic cm
Check Here: CDS Exam Syllabus
2. How many rational no’s are there in 1 to 1000?
3. The sum of 2 numbers is 20 and their product is 75. What is the sum of its reciprocals?
4. Which one among the following vitamins is necessary for blood clotting?
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin C
Check Here: Best Tips / Ways to Overcome Exam Fear
5. FFC stands for
- Foreign Finance Corporation
- Film Finance Corporation
- Federation of Football Council
- None of the above
6. The pH of human body is normally around
- 5 – 5.5
- 5- 6.5
- 0- 7.5
7. Find the similar words in meaning to the underlined word in the sentence “This job is very tedious”
8. Find the opposite words in meaning to the underlined word in the sentence “He often went to the theatre”.
Do You Know: How to Prepare For Written Exam
9. ___________ to school yesterday?
- Do you walk
- Did you walked
- Did you walk
- Have you walked
10. The great Victoria Desert is located in
- West Africa
- North America
11. The highest average salinity amongst the following seas is reported from
- Dead Sea
- Red Sea
- Black Sea
- Mediterranean Sea
Read Also: How to Improve Your Memory for Studying
12. The infrared radiation by sun are strongly absorbed by
- carbon dioxide
- water vapours
- carbon dioxide and water vapours
13. Who is the author of the book ‘Nineteen Eighty Four’?
- Thomas Hardy
- Emile Zola
- George Orwell
- Walter Scott
14. ‘Natya – Shastra’ the main source of India’s classical dances was written by
- Nara Muni
- Bharat Muni
- Abhinav Gupt
- Tandu Muni
Know More About: How to Score Good Marks in Exam
15. The Himalayan mountain system belongs to which of the following?
- Volcanic mountains
- Residual mountains
- Block mountains
- Fold mountains
16. The HBJ Upgradation project, upgraded the capacity of HBJ pipeline from 18.2 MM SC MD to
- 20 MM SC MD
- 4 MM SC MD
- 3 MM SC MD
- 6 MM SC MD
17. The absorption of ink by blotting paper involves
- viscosity of ink
- capillary action phenomenon
- diffusion of ink through the blotting
- siphon action
Check Out: How to Make Good Study Habits for Exam
18. Nuclear sizes are expressed in a unit named
19. The gulf that separates Finland and Sweden in Europe is
- the Gulf of Bothnia
- the Gulf of Lions
- the Gulf of Genoa
- the Gulf of Venice
20. The words ‘Satyameva Jayate’ inscribed below the base plate of the emblem of India are taken from
- Satpath Brahmana
- Mundak Upanishad
Must Check: 11 Tips To Remember What You Read
Here’s a details of syllabus for CDS Examination.
The question paper is designed to test your understanding of English and workmanlike use of words. Questions in English are from Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence Correction and Fill in the Blanks.
General Knowledge Syllabus
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper also includes questions on History of India and Geography of a nature.
Check Here: GK Questions with Answers
Elementary Mathematics Syllabus
Number System – Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.
- Unitary method – time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorization Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 degrees, Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees, Simple trigonometric identities, Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
Read Out: How to Prepare For Maths
Intelligence and Personality Test
In addition to the interview the candidates will be put to Intelligence Tests both verbal and non-verbal, designed to assess their basic intelligence. They will also be put to Group Tests such as group discussions, group planning, outdoor group tasks, and asked to give brief lectures on specified subjects. All these tests are intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also his social traits and interests in current affairs.
We hope these CDS Question Paper With Answer will help to score better marks in exam. We also update CDS Previous Year Paper time to time, so you may stay connected with us to get latest information. If you have any query, you may ask in comment box that is given below.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|CDS Eligibility Criteria||UPSC CDS Notification|
|CDS Admit Card||UPSC CDS Result|
|Best CDS Coaching Institute||UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result|
|Tips to Get 100% Results in Exams||How To Reduce Negative Marking In Exam|