Central Sector Scholarship
Online Registration Has Been Started for Central Sector Scholarship. Every year, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India offers CSSS Scholarship for University & College Students. Apply now for Central Sector Scholarship 2018-19 on or before the last date that is 31-10-2018.
Candidates can hit the below provided official links to fill Central Sector Scholarship Online Application Form. The Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is awarded on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination.
Central Sector Scholarship for College and University Students!!!
So, students who are facing financial problem to pursue their Under-Graduate Degree level courses, they can avail the benefit of CSSS Scheme. 82000 fresh scholarships per annum (41000 for boys and 41000 for girls) are awarded for pursuing UG/ PG studies.
Candidates can check the complete eligibility norms and other terms and conditions for Central Sector 2018 Scholarship from the below section of this page which is well prepared by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Central Sector Scholarship
Objective of Central Sector Scholarship Scheme:
The main objective of CSS Scholarship Scheme is to provide financial assistance to those students who are economically weak and cannot afford higher studies according to their interest, qualification and capabilities.
To help meritorious students from low income families to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Get Here: Student Success Strategies
Reservation for Central Sector 2018 Scholarship:
Reservations for the various categories are as follows:
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) 15 %
- Scheduled Tribes ( STs) 7.5 %
- Other Backward Classes (OBCs) 27 % and horizontally 5 % Physically Handicapped / Persons(s) with Disabilities (PwDs) in all the categories
Scope of CSSS Scheme:
All the candidates must know that the scholarships will be awarded to eligible students on the basis of the results of senior secondary examination.
82000 fresh scholarships per annum [41000 for boys and 41000 for girls] will be awarded for graduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
Check Here: How To Apply For Education Loan
Central sector scheme scholarship (CSSS) Eligibility Criteria
Nationality for Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarship:
Candidate must be an Indian citizen belonging to non-creamy layer.
Central Sector 2018 Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria (Academic Qualification):
Those candidate should have passed the class 12 examination (Senior Secondary Certificate Examination 2016) conducted by CBSE, with a minimum of 80% of mark. The examination should be conducted by the Board of Higher Secondary Education / Board of Vocational Higher Secondary Education.
Students must secure the following minimum total aggregate marks in the stream chooses by them:
- Select Your Board and Type your roll number to check whether you are eligible for the this Scholarship.
- In an undergraduate regular course in any recognized Indian university/institution, candidate must have taken admission.
Minimum Marks Requirement in class 12th for Scholarship Scheme 2018-2019 is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Name of Stream||Minimum Marks Required|
|3||Others (e.g. Arts)||315|
Family Annual Income to apply for central sector scheme of scholarship:
- The total annual income of candidate’s parents must not exceed Rs. 6 lakhs per annum. (Earlier the ceiling was Rs. 4.5 lakhs)
- Candidate should not be availing any other scholarship and must not belong to creamy layer and.
- Applying students should be pursuing a regular course and not through correspondence or distance learning
Read More: Documents Required For Education Loan
How to fill Central Sector Scholarship Online Application Form?
- In the very first step you need to visit the official site, which is www.scholarships.gov.in
- After visiting the home page of official website hit on “More” link.
- Then follow “CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIPS FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS” link and press on “Guidelines” and read complete instructions.
- After reading relevant details choose suitable link to apply online.
- Now fill the application form with all necessary information in an appropriate manner.
- Application Form application form correctly and upload documents if required.
- Then take hard copy of the Central Sector Scholarship Online Form.
- Print out of the application along with all the relevant documents, which are mentioned in the below passage should be submitted at the address given below.
Central Sector Scholarship Reward:
- The CBSE central sector scholarship would be paid to candidates for 10 months in an academic year. Check Central Sector Scholarship Amount from here.
- The rate of scholarship is Rs.10000/- per annum at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.20000/- per annum at Post- Graduation level.
- Students pursuing professional courses, in case, where the duration of course is five (5)
years / Integrated course would get Rs.20000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th year.
- However, students pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., B.Engg would get scholarship up to graduation level.
Check Here: List Of Scholarship In India
Mode of disbursal of Central Sector Scholarship:
- The amount of the Central Sector Scholarship will be transferred to the bank account of candidates through Electronic Clearing System (ECS) mode.
- Candidates are required to open their bank account in any nationalized bank/commercial bank having ECS facility to receive the amount of scholarship.
- Candidates have to provide their correct bank account no., bank name, bank detailed address and the correct RTGS/NEFT branch code (11 digits alphanumeric code) of the bank.
Renewal of Central Sector Scholarship
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Scheme (Marks):
- Students have to fill an online central sector scholarship renewal form to renew their scholarship.
- When the candidate have passed with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in all the subjects in 2-semester examination or annual examinations, the scholarship will be renewed.
All the applying candidates should also have to achieve the target of 75% attendance while avoiding punishable activities because if in any case scholarship is cancelled, it will not be renewed.
Documents to be enclosed with the Central Sector Scholarship Application Form:
The below provided documents need to be enclosed Central sector scheme of scholarship for college and university students application form-
- Duly signed online generated Application form (write online registration no. on its top).
- Under Graduate Course joining report duly signed and stamped by the head of the institution from where the course is being pursued.
- Original copy of parents income affidavit which should be either in Hindi or English in the prescribed format on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- duly sworn in before Notary Public/First class Executive Magistrate/Revenue Officer (write online registration no. on its top).
- One cancelled cheque of personal/saving account or photocopy of the front page of bank passbook (which is used for scholarship) bearing account number and NEFT/RTGS code.
- A hard copy of online Central sector scholarship renewal form signed by the applicant.
- A copy of Mark sheet of Sr. School Certificate Exam – 2016 (write online registration no. on the top of mark sheet).
- A copy of Caste Certificate, if applicable (write online registration no. on its top).
- Income Tax Returns/Form-16 of both the Parents (of the year ending March 2016) issued by the employer should be attached along with the affidavit wherever applicable).
Central Sector Scholarship Selection Process:
- Within 5 weeks of class 12th result declaration all the state boards, Central Board of Secondary Education & ICSE draw up a merit list of potential candidates for the scholarship on the basis of the marks obtained by candidates in their respective board examinations.
- The concerned authorities will write to the eligible students to confirm within 15 days whether they are willing to accept the scholarship.
- Within 30 days for the scholarship, only those candidates who show eagerness will be considered for the Central Sector scholarship. The shortlisted candidates will get the following documents:
- Entitlement Card
- Income Affidavit Form
- A form for ‘Statement of Particulars’
- All these documents are to be completely filled by the candidate and deposited to the Head of the Institution where he/she has taken admission.
- From where these documents will be forwarded to respective boards.
CSS Scholarship Disbursements & Beneficiary Year Wise:
The scholarships are awarded to the applying candidates on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination. Total number of scholarships has been divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18 years to 25 years.
|NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES UNDER THE CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR COLLEGE & UNIVERSITY STUDENTS|
|State / Board||2011-12|
(Fresh + Renewals)
(Fresh + Renewals)
(Fresh + Renewals)
Central Board of Secondary Education- CBSE (Head Office)
“Shiksha Kendra”,2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110 092
Central sector scholarship renewal form 2018-19 last date:
Central Sector Scholarship Last Date-31-10-2018
Faster and greater news about Central Sector Scholarship 2018 will be given in our site. The govt jobs, private jobs and software jobs information will be furnished in www.recruitmentinboxx.com. Go through complete details related to Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Application.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section