UPSC Civil Services Main Exam
Aspirants who are preparing for UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2016 must have a look on this page. Union Public Service Commission conducts UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam for those candidates who successfully qualify UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam. For this qualifying aspirants have to fill UPSC IAS online application form (DAF) to appear in mains examination which will be commenced from 3rd December 2016. Aspirants who are applying against 1079 vacancies such as IAS, IFS, IRS, ITS and others can check the notification date as prescribed below. You can avail all the latest details regarding UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2017 by marinating a constant link with us.
Keen candidates who wish to uplift their career in Government Sector are required to submit Union Public Service Commission online application form before the end date that is 20th October 2016. All the applicants can scroll this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com and grasp all the essential details regarding UPSC Civil Services Main examination.
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam
Name of UPSC Civil Service:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Central Excise,Gr. ‘A’)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service,Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.),Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Postal Service, Gr. ‘A.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Railways Traffic Service Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Information Service, Gr. ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service Gr. ‘A’ (Gr.III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Gr.’B’ (Section Officers’ Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Gr. ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, (Group B)
You must Read: UPSC Notification
Reservation of Vacancy:
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility Criteria:
Applicants, who are applying for Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service, s must be Indian resident.
For other civil services candidates must be:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Essential Educational Qualifications:
Aspirants, who are applying for CSE, should have completed degree of graduation in any discipline from recognized by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institute.
Grab More Graduate Jobs: Check Info
- Applicants have to pay a fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only).
- This application fee can be deposited by Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Net Banking facility of SBI/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
- Aspirants who belong to Female/SC/ST/PH categories are exempted from payment of fee.
Enrollment of candidates will be done on the basis of presentation in the following stages:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
Civil Services Mains Exam Pattern:
|Paper Details||Subjects Description||Max Marks|
|Paper-A||One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Paper-B||English (Qualifying Paper)||300|
|Papers To Be Counted For Merit|
|Papers II||General Studies I||250|
|Papers III||General Studies II||250|
|Papers IV||General Studies III||250|
|Papers V||General Studies IV||250|
|Papers VI, VII||Optional Subjects Paper 1||250|
|Papers VII||Optional Subjects Paper 2||250|
|Total Marks for Written Examination||1750|
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam Subjects:
|Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science||Philosophy|
|Anthropology||Political Science and International Relations|
|Civil Engineering||Public Administration|
|Commerce and Accountancy||Sociology|
|Law||Literature knowledge of languages|
Main Examination will be held at following Centres:
Further Process of Union Public Service Commission:
Aspirants who score well in Preliminary and Mains examination will further called for UPSC Civil Services Interview (275 marks). It is the last stage of recruitment process of Union Public Service Commission and candidates who qualify this interview stage will be appointed for UPSC Civil Services job.
Check Here: UPSC Calendar
How to Apply for UPSC Civil Services Main Exam?
- Willing aspirants who are going to apply for UPSC CSE notification must log on to the official website that is upsc.gov.in.
- Now on the home page candidates must place your cursor to “What’s New” section and hit on “DAF: Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2016” link.
- After this on the new page aspirants must select “UPSC ONLINE APPLICATIONS” link.
- Then, read the instructions and notification as the link is given on the new opened page.
- After reading applicants must fill an online application form (DAF) in prescribed manner as defined in the notification.
- Candidates must mention valid email id and contact number in application form and must upload scanned photograph and signature of requisite size.
- After completing of all process, press “Submit” button for the final submission of it and take a print out of it for future reference.
You can check: Steps to Fill Online Application Form
UPSC Civil Services Main Exam Time Table:
9.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon
2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
|3rd December 2016||Saturday||Paper‐I Essay||No Paper|
|5th December 2016||Monday||Paper‐II General Studies‐I||Paper‐III
|6th December 2016||Tuesday||Paper‐IV General Studies‐III||Paper‐V General Studies‐IV|
|7th December 2016||Wednesday||Paper‐A Indian Language||Paper‐B
|9th December 2016||Friday||Paper‐VI Optional Paper‐I||Paper‐VII Optional Paper‐II|
Essential Dates to be remembered:
|End date to submit an online application Fee||19th October 2016|
|Closing date to submit an online application Form (DAF)||20th October 2016|
|Mains examination starts from||3rd December 2016|
|Mains examination ends||9th December 2016|
Important Points taken Into Consider:
Candidates must visit the Official Link to get other vital details regarding UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2016.
Keen visitors are advised to don’t disconnect the link with www.recruitmentinboxx.com web portal to gain newest updates about UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2017.
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Notification|
|UPSC Challan Form||UPSC Application Form|
|UPSC E Admit Card||UPSC Results|
|More Government Jobs||Get Free Job Alerts On Mail|