CSAT Exam Pattern
Applicants who have keen desire to be an IAS, IFS or IPS officer and are also preparing for respective exams they must have knowledge of CSAT Exam Pattern 2014 and CSAT Eligibility Criteria which includes Age limits, Qualification etc.
Union Public Service Commission conducts CSAT Examination every for various posts as IAS (Indian Administrative Services) /IFS (Indian Forest Service) /IPS (Indian Police service) etc to hire eligible candidates. Applicants those who want to apply for CSAT Exam may go through the exam pattern of prelims and main exam which is stated below.
Recruitmentinbox.in has expressed all the essential details of CSAT Exam Pattern 2014 with CSAT Eligibility Criteria details.
CSAT Eligibility Criteria 2014:
- Candidates’ age must be between 21 years to 32 years as on 01.08.2014.
- Relaxation in Upper age limits will be given to the reserved category as per the government rules.
Applicants should hold a degree from any Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central
State Legislature in India other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act 1956, or possess an equivalent Qualification.
CSAT Examination Pattern 2014:
Civil Services Aptitude Test comprises two exams
- preliminary examination
- Main Examination.
Preliminary Examination Pattern:
- Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each:
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- Question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Main Examination Pattern:
Written examination will consist of the following papers:
|Papers||Subjects/Language/ type of papers||Marks|
|(Paper A)||One of the Indian languages to be selected by the candidate from the languages included in eighth schedule to the constitution.||300|
|Papers to be counted for Merit|
|Paper-II||General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History andGeography of the World and Society)||250|
|Paper-III||General Studies –II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, SocialJustice and International relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development,Bio-diversity, Environment, Security andDisaster Management)||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||250|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2||250|
Check Important UPSC – CSAT Updates
|CSAT Notification 2014||CSAT Previous Papers, Solutions|
|CSAT Cut Off Marks 2014||CSAT Study Material 2014|
|UPSC Application Form 2014||UPSC Calendar 2014|
For more details you may check official site