GATE Exam Pattern
Check Code Wise GATE Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme for ECE/CSE/Mech from here!! Candidates applying for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering (GATE 2019) can download GATE 2019 Exam Pattern to be familiar with the paper structure.
GATE Exam Paper Pattern will include details of mainly three sections i.e. General Aptitude, Engineering Mathematics and specific subject of the paper. Apart from it, you may check GATE Paper Structure, Subject Wise Marks Distribution and Duration etc details from here.
Latest in GATE 2019-Get Details
This Year, Indian Institute of Technology Madras added a new paper of Statistics (ST) in GATE 2019. You may grab complete details related to GATE 2019 Exam Pattern of new subject directly from this page while you can be familiar with the Detailed Syllabus also.
Download Here: Latest GATE Syllabus
To be updated with more details about Paper Pattern Of GATE Exam 2019 and downloading GATE Exam Pattern 2019, you are suggested to check this page which is well designed by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
GATE Paper Pattern 2019 – Overview
|Exam||GATE 2019 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|Organizing Institute||IIT Madras|
|Mode Of Gate 2019||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number Of Questions||65|
|Number Of Papers||23|
|Type of Questions in GATE||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) NAT (Numerical Answer Type)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|GATE Marking Scheme||1/3 marks deducted for 1 mark question and 2/3 marks deducted for every 2 mark question|
Download Here: GATE Question Paper
GATE Exam Pattern for 2019:
- Papers:GATE Examination will be conducted for 23 subjects/papers in the month of February 2019.
- Exam Mode:GATE Entrance Exam will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions:In the examination, MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
- Attempt:Applicants can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
- Number of Questions:Total 65 questions will be asked in the GATE Exam Pattern.
- GATE Marks:The GATE Question Paper will be of 100 marks.
- Session:Examination will be held in two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- GATE Exam Duration:Exam duration will be of three hours and complete details given in GATE Exam Pattern.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers:It is compulsory to attempt General Aptitude (GA) section. Check GATE Exam Pattern in detail from here
|Sr. No.||Topics To Be Covered||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Check Out: GATE Study Material
GATE Exam Pattern: Paper Codes
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted branch wise for which different codes. You may check the GATE Paper Pattern as per their code from below page.
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Agricultural Engineering||AG||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Life Sciences||XL**|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
Get Here Stream Wise: GATE Model Paper
GATE 2019 Paper Codes for XE and XL
|XE Paper Sections||Code||XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||P|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H||–||–|
Get Here Preparation List Of: GATE Books
GATE Exam Question Pattern 2019:
GATE Exam Pattern 2019 consist two different types of questions that are given below:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Numerical Answer Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions||Numerical Questions|
|These questions carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.||These questions carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.|
|They are objective in nature with a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).||The answer for these questions is a real number|
|These questions carry 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.||There will be no choices given for these questions|
|Candidates must key in the answer using the virtual keypad (The keyboard of the computer will be disabled).|
GATE Exam Pattern and Marks:
|Sections||Number of Questions & Marks||GATE Marks Distribution|
|General Aptitude (GA)||5 Question carrying 1- mark each & 5 question carrying 2-marks each.||15|
|Question Papers other than GG, XE and XL||25 questions carrying 1-mark each & 30 questions carrying 2-marks each.||85|
|Question Paper GG (Geology and Geophysics)||PART A (Compulsory)||PART B||85|
|25 questions carrying 1-mark each.||Section 1 (Geology) &|
|Section 2 (Geophysics) (Attempt Any One):|
30 questions carrying 2-marks each.
|XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)||Section A Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory):||Sections B to H: (Attempt Any Two)||85|
|7 questions carrying 1-mark each & 4 questions carrying 2-marks each.||9 questions carrying 1-mark each & 13 questions carrying 2-marks.|
|XL Paper (Life Sciences)||Section P Chemistry (Compulsory):||Sections Q to U: (Attempt Any Two)||85|
|5 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.||10 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.|
Check Details: How To Prepare For GATE without Coaching
GATE Exam Pattern – Negative Marking:
- There is a provision of Negative Marking in GATE for multiple choice questions.
- There is no negative marking in Numerical answer type questions.
- For 1-mark question, 1/3 mark will be deducted for wrong answers as per GATE Marking Scheme.
- For 2 marks question, 2/3 marks will be deducted as negative marking.
|Question Types||Negative Marking Scheme||Marks to be deducted|
|For 1 mark MCQs||1/3 mark will be deducted for incorrect responses||0.33|
|For 2 marks MCQs||2/3 mark will be deducted for incorrect responses||0.66|
|Numerical Answer type questions (NAT)||No negative marking||–|
GATE Exam Pattern: Design of Questions
The questions are designed to examine the following abilities of a contender:
- Recall: Based on facts, principles, formulae or laws of the discipline of the paper
- Comprehension: These questions will test the candidate’s understanding of the basics of his/her field
- Application: Candidate is expected to apply his / her knowledge either through computation or by logical reasoning.
- Analysis And Synthesis: Candidate has to present with data, diagrams, images etc. that require analysis before a question can be answered.
Read Out: How to Reduce Negative Marking in Exam
GATE Exam Pattern For Life Science:
|Section||Type of Questions||Number of Questions||Sub-Total (Marks)|
|Chemistry Section or Section|
|1 mark questions||5||5|
|2 mark questions||10||20|
|Sections Q to U||1 mark questions||10||10|
|2 mark questions||10||20|
GATE Online Exam Pattern for Engineering Science:
|Section||Type of Question||Number of Question||Sub-total (Marks)|
|Section A (Compulsory)||1 Mark Question||7||7|
|2 Marks Question||4||8|
|Section B to H|
|1 Mark Question||9||9|
|2 Marks Question||13||26|
Read Also: Tips to Crack GATE Exam
Exam Pattern Of GATE 2019:
- General Aptitude section will contain: 5 questions of 1 Mark and 5 questions of 2 marks.
- Question paper other than GG, XE and XL will contain: 25 questions of 1 mark and 30 questions of 2 according to the GATE Exam Pattern.
|Paper Category||GATE Exam Weightage|
|AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE,|
IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE,
|Engineering Mathematics||15% marks|
|General Aptitude section||15% marks|
|Core subject of paper||70% marks|
|AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL|
(General Aptitude section)
|General Aptitude section||15% marks|
|Core subject of paper||85% marks|
GATE Important Dates 2019:
|Events||GATE 2019 Dates|
|Opening Date for GATE 2019 Online Application Form||01-09-2018|
|GATE 2019 Application Form Last Date||21-09-2018|
|GATE Admit Card Downloading Starts||04-01-2019|
|GATE Exam Date||2, 3, 9 and 10 February, 2019|
|GATE Answer Key Release||Within a few days after examination|
|Announcement of GATE Results||16-03-2019|
|GATE Score Card Release||4th week of March 2019|
|GATE Counseling Starts||1st week of April 2019|
Check its Official Link for more details about GATE Exam Pattern 2019. You may bookmark our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com for getting more updates about it. On release of GATE 2019 Exam Pattern, Notification & GATE Exam 2019 Date we will update you.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|GATE Exam Centres||Aptitude Questions And Answers|
|How to Prepare For Maths||Get Free Job Alerts On Mail|
|PSU Recruitment Through GATE||GATE Application Form|
|GATE Cut Off||GATE Eligibility Criteria|
|GATE Exam New Dates||GATE Rank Predictor|