How To Become A Pilot In India
People who are passionate about planes, sky high diving and all about aviation must look here on How To Become A Pilot In India? Read below and get some useful Ways to Become Airline/Commercial Pilot. We know most of the people are not aware about the procedure to become an airline pilot. One can become a commercial pilot in India just as recent as passed 12th but with a science stream. Becoming a professional Pilot or having a career in aviation is a profession with excellent rewards and challenges; it’s a high paying field. And if you want to make their career as A Pilot In India or desire to be a Commercial Pilot After 12th then get all details from this here.
Pilots are extremely trained professionals who fly airplanes and helicopters carrying passengers or cargo and a career in aviation catch the attention of many youngsters as it provides opportunity to travel around the globe. This is an extremely specialized job which requires knowledge of air navigation and it is considered as the most rewarding and well paid field. But apart from all those eye-catching things the job of a commercial pilot makes him responsible for the aircraft he flies. The most important person on an aircraft is the pilot.
How To Become A Pilot In India
Here are few requirements for Pilot Training programs, tough they vary according to training location for career as Pilot you should meet the following minimum entry criteria:
Education/ Qualification Required To Become a Pilot In India; To become a Commercial Pilot, one must possess CPL (Commercial Pilot Licence). This Licence is issued after a candidate clears the training program from an Institute recognized by the Civil Aviation Authority of that particular country (DGCA in case of India).
But to join CPL training program, a candidate has to meet certain minimum Educational qualifications requirements. Here they are-
- The candidate must have cleared 10+2 Science stream schooling with Physics and Mathematics as the main subjects
- The minimum marks required is 50% (may vary from Institute to Institute) aggregate marks
Hit Here To Know: Amazing Ways To Make Money
List of Top 10 Pilot Training Institutes in India
- Aviation academy , Bangalore
- Rajiv Gandhi Aviation Academy, Hyderabad
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
- Wingsss College of Aviation Technology, Pune
- Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Aeronautics, New Delhi
- Hindustan Aviation Academy, Bengaluru
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science, Kolkata
- National College of Aviation, Patna
- Kompass Aviation, New Delhi
Must Check: 13 Steps to Go Overseas, International
List of Some flying schools / institutes for CPL training
Here are some of the flying schools for training in flying from where SPL, PPL, and CPL training can be completed:
- Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi, Uttar Pradesh
- Flying Training Institute, Behala, Calcutta
- Government Aviation Training Institute, Civil aerodrome, Bhubaneswar
- Karnal Aviation Club, Kunjpura Road, Karnal, Haryana
- Government Flying Club, Aerodrome, Lucknow
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club Ltd, New Delhi
- State Civil Aviation, UP Govt Flying Training Center Kanpur and Varanasi
- Rajasthan State Flying School, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur
- Govt Flying Training School Jakkur Aerodrome, Bangalore
- Andra Pradesh Flying Club Hydrabad Airport, Hydrabad
- Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati
- Bihar Flying Institute, Civil Aerodrome, Patna, Bihar
Fitness (Medical) Standards:
A Commercial Pilot has to be fit- physically and mentally. That’s why, throughout the selection process, lots of prominence is laid on the medical status of candidate. Here are some medical standards set by authorities, which interested candidates have to assure in order to get selected into CPL training program:
- Eye sight specifics- one eye has to have perfect eyesight, without any defects (6/6). It is allowed to have certain imperfection in the eyesight of the other eye (6/9). But this imperfection should be correctable to 6/6
- Candidate must not have any serious physical deformity. Also, he/she should not have any kind of mental disorder, or any history of having such mental illness
Do You Know: How to Become A Cabin Crew
Ways to Become Airline/Commercial Pilot
Here we list the normal stages people follow in their progress to their career as an airline pilot.
Student’s Pilot Licence #Step 1- The first thing you require to do is get the Student’s Pilot Licence. You can apply for it as soon as you have completed 10th standard. The process includes appearing for a fundamental Maths test in which the questions would be associated to various facets of the aircraft. If you managed to score 75 out of 100 marks, you will get the licence.
Private Pilot Licence #Step 2 – Your flying training would begin now. You must complete 12th before applying for this licence. Then you will be given flying experience with instructor and solo. A total of 60 hours of flying experience would require. Apart from it you will have to attend written test by the aviation watchdog DGCA.
Commercial Pilot Licence #Step 3 – This would be the last stage for your dream to fly a commercial plane. You would require at least 250 hours of flying experience. Additionally you will go through medical test by the DGCA and written exams for subjects like Air Regulations, Aviation Meteorology, and Air Navigation.
Once you have obtained Commercial Pilot Licence, you can apply for trainee co-pilot job at airlines in India. After few months you will become co-pilot for the airline.
Also Check: Commercial Pilot Salaries In India
How To Become A Pilot In India After 12th (Science)
- In case you have completed 12th with Science, you may join a CPL training program if you assemble the above mentioned educational and medical standards.
- You may go private institutes, fill forms and get started. Most institutes have a Pilot Aptitude Test, which a candidate must crack, in order to get selected.
- The Aptitude test is a 3 stage process, comprising of- written examination, Interview and the Aptitude Test.
- The written exam deals with subjects like- Mathematics, Geography, General Knowledge, English skills etc. This is followed by an Interview.
- Candidates who deal with to clear these two stages are called for the third stage- Pilot Aptitude Test. After the final stage, medical examination is conducted.
- Finally, a merit list is prepared, based on the performance of candidates in each stage of the selection process as well as the medical examination.
- Based on merit, worthy candidates will be selected and trained to become Commercial Pilots!
Looking For Better Career Option After 12th: Check Here
Career Path As A Pilot India
There are two major career paths to being hired as an airline pilot: Civilian or Military!
In civilian we have two choices: college or flight school. While there is no college prerequisite to be a pilot, college demonstrates that you are trainable and can succeed in a challenging prospectus—both of which are essential traits in a commercial airline pilot. You can decide to attend a college that offers a two- or four-year degree along with flight training towards the various flight certificates you will need. After this you require some flight experience.
Second alternative to become a commercial airline pilot is to get your Pilot training through the military. You will have to give commitment to a set number of years in the military Pilot after one year of pilot training (in the Air Force, this is a ten-year commitment). In Airforce, You will get the best training. IAF pilot is selected through NDA exam.
Career for The People Who Love to Travel: Get Most Amazing Traveling Jobs
Pilot Salary In India
Pay scale of commercial pilot in the public sector associations depend on the grade level of positions. They will get striking remuneration and incentives. The total salary also includes contributory provident fund, gratuity, medical facilities and free/concessional air passage. This is a field of discipline, patience, responsibility, regularity, commitment and self-confidence.
Pilots are also enabled to a range of benefits and allowances in addition to housing, medical and out- station allowances, as well as free/concessional air passages for their immediate family and dependants. Pilot is amazing career with full of passion and enthusiasm. Commercial pilots can earn from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 150,000 per month, depending on the airline and one’s experience.
Must Check: Air India Pilot Salary Structure in India
The job requires a lot of hard work, endurance, alertness of mind, compliance to follow difficult time schedules, good team spirit etc. If you want to be Commercial Pilot then check all details about How to Become a Pilot in India and make their career bright and glorious.
Guys, this career has a great platform to enhance career, so read well this entire article, we team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com hope you’ll find entire page useful!
You May Also Like To Check This Section