How to Become an Event Manager
Event Planners are responsible to arrange the events of any occasions like weddings, engagement or birthday parties etc. So, if you want to know,How to Become an Event Manager and what is the Salary prospectus etc., then you must read this article thoroughly.
In this article, we’re presenting the complete “Event Manager Career Guide”, Top 10 ways To Become an Event Planner and other related information like Job Info of an Event Planner, Status etc. Guys! Take a look on this article and must go for Event Planner or Manager as career option.
What are the career prospects as Event Planner?
First of all, you all need to know that career in event management is never sluggish. Because, there are various events such as talent hunt and reality shows, fashion and cultural shows, corporate events, conferences, religious functionsand so on.
Well, there is huge scope in event Management. Those, who’re seeking dream to become an event planner or event manager, they will need training and experience to qualify for the job.
How to Become an Event Manager
Now, explore below listedways To Become an Event Planner. Must have a glance….
1.Must Have Required Qualification
To make career in event managing, there are many management universities all across the world that provides career-oriented courses. One must take admission in these universities and get best professional skills and expertise in running the event on both small and even large scale.Here are few affiliated institutes that offer Event Management courses:
- Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP)
- Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM)
- Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM)
- Certified Manager of Exhibits (CME)
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Global Certification in Meeting Management (CMM)
Know Here: Career for The People Who Love to Travel
2.Find Career opportunities after the course
After completing the course in event management, you can easily apply for any of the below listed jobs. Take a look…
- Integrated marketing
- Public relations firms
- Event management
- Advertising agencies
- Event management consultancy
- Hotel and Travel industries
- Hospitality industries
- Marketing agencies
- Non-profit organization
- News and Media
3.Research the Job Duties of an Event Planner
- Your primary duty in this position will include selecting venues, contracting vendors and caterers, sending invitations, creating event schedules and many other things.
- You’ll also issue client satisfaction surveys and handle any unforeseen problems that may arise before or after the event takes place.
- You’ll also inspect event facilities to ensure that they meet the customers’ expectations.
Grab Today: Jobs For The People Who Like To Talk
4.No Matter, If You Are A Starter
If you have no experience, while entering in the field of event planning then, you need to worry about it. Alternatively, if you can acquire experience in event planning on a smaller scale it will be easier to set a prospectus into a job as an event planner.
5. Gain Work Experience
- As an event planner, the jobs involve working with people, whether it is the clients, the vendors or the event attendees.For this reason, it’s important that you must be capable of working effectively with large numbers of people.
- As an aspiring event planner, you might wish to consider joining athletic, extracurricular or civic organizations at your school or in your community to improve your communication skills.
6.Seek Career Advancement
As you gain job experience, it will be possible to move up through the ranks from event planner to conference/program coordinator, meeting manager.Certainly, you’ll get a chance to move from a smaller company to a larger organization with better career opportunities.
7.After getting accredited
Get The Most out Of Your Event by Continuing to Engage Guests, as the work doesn’t stop when the event is over.Practice with certain things organizers need to follow, such as simply thanking your guests for their attendance, etc.
8.Establish Strong Goals
Setting out the main goals To Maximize Success is the very first thing you need to do when planning an event. So, you need to ensure your team are on board and fully aware of your goals.
What is the Salary Prospectus?
Generally it’s a high paying career and a trainee can easily expect salary around Rs 15,000 a month, though wages varies according to the type of event managed or the party in this field. But guys, you have to believe that for you sky is the limit for pay off.
Passion to do something unusual and good network are keys to this industry. Since there’s a big increase in demand for event planners, number of openings will really boost by 2020 – much more rapidly than the average profession, according to BLS.
- Starter: 17,000 to 21,000
- Experienced: 25,000 to 40,000
- Highly Experienced: 50,000 to 80,000
Great Career Guarantee: 8 New Courses, Which Draws Salary In Millions
What is the Other Skills Required?
In case of responsibility, Event managers are also responsible for guaranteeing agreement with all health and safety regulations. But one will need to have:
- Excellent Organizational Skills And Attention To Detail;
- Project Management Experience;
- Time-Management Skills And The Ability To Work Under Pressure;
- Problem-Solving Skills And Diplomacy;
- Strong Communication, Teamwork And Negotiation Skills;
- Sales And/or Marketing Skills;
- The Ability To Manage Budgets;
- A Flexible And Adaptable Approach
Must Read: 10 Tips To Make Career in Event Planning
Event Manager Job Description
Event planners are also called meeting planners who generally, works by taking care of the details that go into producing a successful event. These occasion planners, organizers and Managers are complex, needs to have strong organizational skills, creativity and problem-solving abilities…
You’ll meet with clients to assess their needs and determine the purpose of the event. In this career, financial management is also a main factor.They basically ascertain the purpose and main objective of a gathering by conferring with their customers and then organize it according to the occasion.
Also Read: 10 Best Unique Careers for Art Students
Above all else, the most important skill to become an Event Manager is that you need to have as an event planner is a passion for what you do. You have to LOVE the job, and the job will love you right back.Guys, this career path offers you a great chance to have most satisfied jobs with a great environment to work…. Good Luck!!
You May Also Like To Visit This Section