How to Become an Event Manager
‘Party, decoration, celebration’ are these things make you go crazy?? If answer is yes than you must go for event management. Well want To Know How to Become an Event Manager? Take a look on career as event management Job Info, Salary, Status. Guys! Research here what it takes to become an event planner, Top 10 ways To Become an Event Planner and get a complete Event Manager Career Guide in below section. Obvious we all love to attend parties, celebrations and all of has somehow crazy about decorations and managing things. Well, if same goes for you than you must go for Event Planner or Manager as career option. Take a look on career as event planner and Event Managers’ Job Info, Salary, Status.
An event manager or planner/organizer works as managing things, planning, organizing, and executing all types of events like weddings, engagement or birthday parties and these planners are responsible to arrange these special occasions. Well, if these are your much loved than you could become an event planner. However, you’ll need training and experience to qualify for the job.
How to Become an Event Manager
Event planners are also called meeting planners who generally, works by taking care of the details that go into producing a successful event. These occasion planners, organizers and Managers are complex, needs to have strong organizational skills, creativity and problem-solving abilities… You’ll meet with clients to assess their needs and determine the purpose of the event. In this career financial management is also a main factor; an event manager must work within budgetary constraints set by the client.They basically ascertain the purpose and main objective of a gathering by conferring with their customers then organize it according to the occasion.
Must Read: 10 Tips To Make Career in Event Planning
Top 10 ways To Become an Event Planner
So explore here Top 10 ways To Become an Event Planner;
Step 1: Research the Job Duties of an Event Planner
- Your primary duties in this position will include selecting venues, contracting vendors and caterers, sending invitations, creating event schedules and many other things.
- You’ll also issue client satisfaction surveys and handle any unforeseen problems that may arise before or after the event takes place.
- You’ll also inspect event facilities to ensure that they meet the customers’ expectations.
Step 2: Gain Work Experience
- So much of what you’ll do as an event planner will involve working with people, whether it is the clients, the vendors or the event attendees.
- For this reason, it’s important that you be capable of working effectively with large numbers of people.
- As an aspiring event planner, you might wish to consider joining athletic, extracurricular or civic organizations at your school or in your community to hone your communication skills.
Hit Here To Know: Amazing Ways To Make Money
Step 3: No Matter If You Are A Starter
- If you have no experience, enter the field of event planning by getting an entry-level position.
- Many event planning companies offer on-the-job training.
- Alternatively, if you can acquire experience in event planning on a smaller scale it will be easier to set a prospectus into a job as an event planner.
Step 4: Earn a Degree
- Accordingly, you don’t have to have a college degree to break into the field of event planning.
- However, if you have a bachelor’s degree than there’s a better chance of getting a position include hospitality management and marketing.
- In addition, some universities may offer bachelor’s degree programs in meeting planning.
Great Career Guarantee: 8 New Courses, Which Draws Salary In Millions
Step 5: Programs Which Include Courses
- Undergraduate hospitality management programs include courses on beverage management, special events, food service, management.
- So, if you want to brush up on your skills, several colleges and universities offer continuing education classes in convention and meeting planning.
Step 6: Obtain Certification
- You can obtain certification through recognized institute and work throughout the industry, which will help you in advancing to a better position.
- To qualify for a particular certification, you’ll need to have study total three years of full-time event planning work experience.
- You’ll also have to successfully pass an examination covering related topics…
Step 7: You Need To Be Certified
- To become certified by this organization, you’ll have to have been a member for at least a year.
- It will be necessary to enroll in a course and later pass a qualifying examination.
Step 8: Seek Career Advancement
- As you gain job experience, it will be possible to move up through the ranks from event planner to conference/program coordinator, meeting manager.
- Certainly, you’ll get a chance to move from a smaller company to a larger organization with better career opportunities.
Also Read: 10 Best Unique Careers for Art Students
Step 9: After getting accredited
- Get The Most out Of Your Event by Continuing to Engage Guests, as the work doesn’t stop when the event is over.
- Practice with certain things organizers need to follow, such as simply thanking your guests for their attendance, etc.
Step 10: Establish Strong Goals
- Setting out the main goals To Maximize Success is the very first thing you need to do when planning an event.
- That’s because these goals will have an effect on every other step of the process.
- Finally, you need to ensure your team are on board and fully aware of your goals.
Event Manager Career Guide
Event Manager Job Description
A student applying for diploma course is required to have passed 12th in any discipline, yet for a post graduate diploma a bachelor degree in any stream to set up career in event management.
In case of responsibility, Event managers are also responsible for guaranteeing agreement with all health and safety regulations. But one will need to have:
- Excellent Organizational Skills And Attention To Detail;
- Project Management Experience;
- Time-Management Skills And The Ability To Work Under Pressure;
- Problem-Solving Skills And Diplomacy;
- Strong Communication, Teamwork And Negotiation Skills;
- Sales And/or Marketing Skills;
- The Ability To Manage Budgets;
- A Flexible And Adaptable Approach
Event Manager Salary Info
Generally it’s a high paying career and a trainee can easily expect salary around Rs 15,000 a month, though wages varies according to the type of event managed or the party in this field. But guys, you have to believe that for you sky is the limit for pay off.
Passion to do something unusual and good network are keys to this industry. Since there’s a big increase in demand for event planners, number of openings will really boost by 2020 – much more rapidly than the average profession, according to BLS.
New jobs will open up as meetings gain importance in all types of organizations. Because the career is attractive to many, job competition will be devoted. Planners with a bachelor’s degree in hospitality and the CMP credential will have the best prospects. Experience with virtual meeting computer software and social media are also advantages. The average annual income of a full-time event planner was $49,830 in 2012, according to BLS.
Must Check: 13 Steps to Go Overseas, International
Few renowned Institutions
To make career in event managing, there are many management universities all across the world that provides career-oriented courses for both under both graduated and post-graduated. One must take admission in these universities and get best professional skills and expertise in running the event on both small and even large scale.
Here are few affiliated institutes that offer Event Management courses:
- Certified Special Event Professional (CSEP)
- Certified in Exhibition Management (CEM)
- Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM)
- Certified Manager of Exhibits (CME)
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Global Certification in Meeting Management (CMM)
Career opportunities after the course:
- Integrated marketing
- Public relations firms
- Event management
- Advertising agencies
- Event management consultancy
- Hotel and Travel industries
- Hospitality industries
- Marketing agencies
- Non-profit organization
- News and Media
Check Here: 10 Best Companies To Work For In India
What lies ahead?
Guys, here are so many benefits discussed below that encourages you to adopt this as a career way. A successful events manager possesses several skills as motivated and self courage, marketing & good communication skills, multi-tasking, etc. Depending on your existing career prospects and future career directions, opportunities within and outside of the events business is constantly developing and easily accessible. It just depends on how and if you wish to take them.
Above all else, the most important skill you need to have as an event planner is a passion for what you do. You have to LOVE the job, and the job will love you right back.
Guys, this career path offers you a great chance to have most satisfied jobs with a great environment to work…. Good Luck!!
You May Also Like To Check This Section: