How To Prepare For XAT
Every Year XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is conducted by XLRI to select the talented students for management education at all India level. If you’re wondering, How to Prepare for XAT in just 3 months, here we are sharing some amazing tips regarding How to Prepare for XAT 2017 in just 3 months. If you wish to crack the XAT Exam then it is essential to develop a concrete strategy to maximize your scores. As it is said “Talent is never enough. With few exceptions the best players are the hardest workers.” After going through the below prescribed details, the question of How To Prepare For XAT will be no more a matter of concern.
Highlights of the page:
How to prepare for XAT in 3 months (Time Management)
XAT Exam Pattern
Section wise preparation tips
General Tips To Prepare XAT Exam
Candidates who are planning to appear in XAT 2018 Exam must go through this article. As we have shared some amazing tips to Prepare XAT Exam in 3 Months that will help you in making your preparation easy and crack the XAT Exam. Also you will come to know about the Best resources for XAT preparation. Just have a look…
How To Prepare For XAT
Tips To Prepare XAT Exam In 3 Months:
Candidates can easily prepare for XAT Exam in 3 months by spending 4-5 focused hours daily. Now you must be thinking that how much time I should give to prepare different sections? Don’t worry; we are here to help you in all difficult situation.
Every day read editorials for minimum 30 minutes from newspapers like The Hindu, The Economist, etc. and note down new words, find its synonyms and antonyms. This will help you in increasing your vocabulary. So making you prepare for XAT Exam in just 3 Months, we have created an efficient schedule that will help you in preparing your exam.
Here QA is Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, VA is Verbal and Logical Ability, DM is Decision Making
In 1st month:
- Mon – Tue: QA – 2hrs, DM- 2hrs, VA- 1hr
- Wed- Thu: QA – 2 hrs, DM – 1 hr, VA – 2hr
- Fri- Sat: QA – 2 hrs, DM – 2 hrs, GK – 1 hr
- Sun – Revise the week preparation and solve questions from the prepared respective topics and GK – 2 hrs
(Repeat This Schedule Every Weak)
Check Also: XAT Previous Year Question Paper
In 2nd month:
Repeat the 1st month schedule/ plan and try to complete the whole syllabus till the end of this month.
In 3rd month:
At this time you must be ready to take mock tests and examine your strengths and weaknesses. Solve different sample papers and get to know what all queries you are facing. Follow the given schedule.
- Sun, Tue, Thu – Mock test
- Mon, Wed, Fri – work on weaker areas
- Sat – revision
Get Complete Detailed: XAT Syllabus
XAT Exam Pattern:
This is the exam pattern of XAT, in which 5 sections are available that are divided into 2 paper i.e. 1 & 2 as shown below. The time duration of the exam is 3.5 hours.
|Paper||Section Name||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Total Time||Negative Marking|
|Paper 1||Decision Making||23||23||170 Minutes||0.25 for any wrong answer and 0.05 for more than 13 unattempted questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|QA and DI||29||29|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25||25||35 Minutes||No Negative Marking|
|Essay Writing||1 essay||No Negative Marking|
START: English Grammer Quiz
Section Wise Preparation Tips For XAT 2017:
Decision Making – This section is unique in XAT Exam as compared to other management entrance test. This section requires a logical approach and a clear understanding of the situation to select the right answer. Candidates can buy some past years model test papers and start solving it. This will help you in making hold on this section. Just try to solve more and more sample papers, to make yourself expert and to increase your decision making power.
Verbal and Logical Ability – To score good marks in this section Reading and practicing is the main Point. Candidates must need to increase their vocabulary and this can be done by reading books, novels or anything you like to read. To increase your Reading comprehensions, you have to read fiction or non-fiction, news or article. Read more to score good marks in this section.
Also Read: How to Prepare Reasoning for Exams
Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation – this is the practical section and is one of the toughest parts to prepare for XAT Exam. To crack this section there is only one option and that is practice more and more. Mostly the questions are from Geometry, Number Systems, Functions, P&C, Probability and Data Interpretation. Those have strong mathematics will easily do this section while others have to give some extra effort to get marks in this section.
General Knowledge – This section comes in almost in every entrance exam so the candidates have to read newspaper regularly or watch news channels to be aware of all the updated news. In XAT Exam general knowledge section covers the topics of Business, Sports, Economy, Politics, Trade and International Bodies.
Check Here: GK Questions with Answers
Essay – For the Essay section, candidates will be given a separate paper. You have to write an article of 200 to 300 words. For this section there is no need of any separate preparation. Just have a good knowledge of contemporary topics. In this you must have good writing skills. Reading the editorial page of national newspapers will be helpful for you to get good marks in this section.
Read Also: How To Prepare English For Competitive Exams
Some General Tips To Prepare XAT Exam:
- Prepare section wise: all the section is equally important but the one you find tough give them some extra time. Make a proper study plan where you allot sufficient time for all the sections. Also we have helped you above by providing you with the schedule.
- Brush up basics: Clear all your basics of English grammar, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and also engage in group discussions to sharpen the basics of each section. Keep updated with the Current Affairs.
- Refine your mathematical skills: these skills van only be improved by doing more practice so keep practicing the basics of mathematics and solving problems daily.
- Keep solving XAT mock test and question papers: By solving the mock test and question papers of all the sections will help candidates to know the type of question and the difficulty they face in solving these questions.
- Time management: Time management is one of the most important things in all aspects of life but especially in the exam. What if you know each and every answer but due to poor time management you don’t get a chance to attempt the questions. No, don’t let happen this with you. Save time and improve your score and confidence.
Do You Know: How to Manage Time during Exams
Hope the above given information is helpful for you and you must have got some idea of How to Prepare for XAT exam in just 3 months. Just follow the tips as shared above and you’ll surely be benefitted with it. Good luck…
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|XAT Eligibility Criteria||XAT Entrance Exam|
|XAT Result||XAT Admit Card|
|11 Tips To Remember What You Read||XAT Colleges in India|