How to Start Preparation for SSC CGL
Among various competitive exams, SSC Combined graduate level is the toughest exam which is highly popularized among the candidates. Candidates in huge ratio apply for SSC CGL exam form different parts of the country. All the important preparation tips and other vital information are given on this page so that candidates can prepare for SSC CGL exam in much more effective way. But the main question arises that how to start preparation for SSC CGL, well we have provided the complete guide and preparation tips along with the tier wise information.
This will definitely help you to prepare for the exam in a better way. Since it is not an easy exam and requires lot of efforts and attention from the part of the participants. Therefore, it is very important for the candidates to choose the appropriate study material and practice old question papers. In addition to this, aspirants can also join any coaching institute for better guidance. By following the given tricks and tips on this page will let you prepare for the SSC CGL exam easily and effectively.
How to Start Preparation for SSC CGL
Preparation tips for SSC CGL exam
- Proper time schedule and strategies must be created by the candidates and follow it strictly.
- Try to give more preference to the tough sections of the SSC CGL exam and start your preparations at least three months earlier.
- Seek help from the good study material and preparation tips in order to prepare for the exam effectively.
- Plan your schedule in such a way that each and every subjects and topic will be covered in the preparation.
- Make proper notes and headings so that the entire syllabus can be covered in the exam preparation.
- Try to be physically as well as mentally fit so that you will be properly fit to give the exam. Be confident and but avoid being over confident as this can impact negatively on your performance.
- Practice all the previous year question papers, sample papers and of course the preparation tips.
- When you will give SSC CGL tier 1 exam, it will help you to prepare in an effective way for the tier II and tier III exam.
Check Here: SSC CGL Previous Papers
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam
Applicants you need to make strategy concerning time management as per your Strength. Try those section first which are well prepared. Scores for SSC CGL Tier 1 marks will be added to Final Merit List so try to crack more questions with good accurateness. Applicants need to save time for English & GK, as much question you crack in Maths that will be useful for you.
|Part||Subject||Max. Marks||Questions||Time Allotted|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||25|
|B||General Awareness||50||25||60 Minutes80 Minutes (for disabled candidates)|
Read Out: SSC CGL Exam Pattern
General Intelligence & Reasoning: General Intelligence & Reasoning section is measured to be the trickiest and time consuming section. Reasoning questions are asked to evaluate your decision making and logical thinking ability. Questions in General Intelligence & Reasoning consist of both verbal and non-verbal reasoning.
Important Topics:- Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Mirror Image, Water Images, Number Series, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving.
English Language: Another significant & scoring part of SSC CGL Examination is General English.
- In English Language section applicants need to concentrate more on chosen scoring topics like Errors, Miss Spelt Words, One Word Substitution, Comprehension, and Cloze Test.
- Don’t spend more time in Antonym & Synonyms.
- It is often seen that applicants seems that this part is toughest & less scoring.
- But this part is easy to score & less time taking.
- Applicants are advised that don’t leave English part as it is very valuable in scoring marks in written exam.
Important Topics: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings/ Detecting, Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Active Passive Voice
Get Complete Details On: SSC CGL Syllabus
Quantitative Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude section plays a final role in the scores & Merit List of applicants. Aspirants who scores in Quantitative Aptitude section have more chances to score beyond 130 marks out of 200.
- Normally, Quantitative Aptitude section is easy to score good marks.
- Applicants should be well versed with all the important formulae, tables from 1 to 20 (at least), square root and cube roots till 20
Important Topics: Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Time and work, Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart. Candidates also need to focus of Trigonometry, Geometry.
General Awareness: General Awareness section is the section which is always in region of ambiguity. In General Awareness section paper, Staff Selection Commission has freedom to choose any topic & ask any type of questions concerning topics because General Awareness covered vast syllabus.
- Applicants can cover syllabus as per strength as in this sections questions are to be asked from History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Current Affairs.
- In SSC Exams, applicants can have relaxation on topics related to Current Affairs because in this exam fewer questions are to be asked from Current Affairs.
- Try to crack many quizzes as Possible. It will increase your Knowledge and also solve SSC CGL Previous Year Papers.
Know More About: SSC CGL Preparation Strategy
How to Prepare for SSC CGL Tier 2 Exams?
Applicants you need to make strategy concerning time management as per your Strength. Try those section first which are well prepared. Marks for Tier 2 will be very vital to Final Merit so try to crack more questions with good accuracy.
- Try to learn whole Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude & Especially English Comprehension.
- Practice is the Key for Tier 2 Exam.
- Tier 2 Exam will be online so Candidates have to make Strategy according to that.
- Candidates who get Good Marks in Quant Section & As Well as in English have Fare chance to qualify for Next Stage.
- As there is no Interview so cut off may go high, so applicants are advised to Practice according to that.
Check Here: SSC CGL Preparation Tips
SSC CGL tier III and IV exam
The SSC Combined graduate level tier III exam will comprise of different subjects including quantitative aptitude, English language and comprehension and mathematics/statistics. Well, this level has it different exam criteria and marking scheme. Similarly, SSC CGL tier IV exam will be comprises of mainly Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). The examinations conducted in online mode only and those who will be successfully able to qualify the SSC CGL exams will be post for the assistant section officer and tax assistants profile.
SSC CGL 2018 Time Table for Preparation
|Day||Morning 6-8 AM||Morning|
|Monday||Newspaper And GK||Practice for Reasoning||Practice for English & Comprehension||Practice for Quantitative Aptitude|
|Tuesday||Newspaper And GK||Practice for Reasoning||Practice for English & Comprehension||Practice for Quantitative Aptitude|
|Wednesday||Newspaper And GK||Practice for Reasoning||Practice for English & Comprehension||Practice for Quantitative Aptitude|
|Thursday||Read an Essay||Practice Report writing||Practice Letter/Application writing||Practice computer typing|
|Friday||Newspaper And GK||Practice for Reasoning||Practice for English & Comprehension||Practice for Quantitative Aptitude|
|Saturday||Newspaper And GK||Practice for Reasoning||Practice for English & Comprehension||Practice for Quantitative Aptitude|
|Sunday||Practice to solve test papers for General awareness and GK||Practice to solve old question paper of Reasoning||Practice to solve old question paper|
|Practice to solve old question paper|
of Quantitative Aptitude
Check Now: SSC CGL Selection Procedure
Only few days are remaining for SSC CGL Exam (Tier-I), now it’s time to start preparation and do their best in exam. Keep this in mind, the subject-wise preparation tricks and approach recommended above will be most beneficial in the run up to the exam. Lets’ get the complete details concerning How to Start Preparation for SSC CGL 2018 through this page. Applicants if you want to ask any thing regarding How to Start Preparation for SSC CGL, then you are free to ask anything by dropping your comment in the comment box which is provided below.
So, now you will get to know How to Start Preparation for SSC CGL 2018, stay tuned with our web portal i.e. www.recruitmentinboxx.com for interesting facts like this.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|SSC CGL Result||SSC CGL Job Profile|
|SSC CGL Exam Notification||SSC CGL Answer Key|
|SSC CGL Important Dates||SSC CGL Admit Card|
|SSC Online Notification||SSC CGL Cut Off Marks|