IFS Exam Pattern
Check the updated IFS Exam Pattern on this page!!! Those who are going to participate in UPSC IFS (Indian Forest Service) 2018 examination and are looking for UPSC IFS Paper Scheme, they can download the UPSCIndian Forest ServicePaper Scheme PDF through online mode by visiting to the official website of the organization. Before you start the preparation for the examination, ensure for having complete information about IFS Exam Pattern 2018.
IFS Examination is conducted in two parts such as Civil Services Prelims Exam and Indian Forest Service Main Exam. Here we have given complete information regarding UPSC IFS Exam Paper Pattern for both the exams which will surely help the aspirants to understand your questionnaires related to the syllabus of it. For detailed information about IFS Exam Pattern 2018 such as subjects in preliminary exams, main exam and interview procedure candidates need to scroll down the page which is well designed by the team unit of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
IFS Exam Pattern
Below we have presented the detailed structure of UPSC IFS Exam pattern; candidates who are going to appear in the examination can take the benefit from the furnished details. Through the given IFS exam scheme candidates can make their schedule in advance and prepare well for the exam. This exam is considered to be highly competitive examination which is not easy to qualify so those who want to qualify it in first attempt must follow a planned schedule. Candidates are suggested to make a proper time table to be followed while preparing for the exam, in this concern aspirants are suggested to go through the below furnished details.
Pattern of Indian Forest Service Exam:
Preliminary examination of Indian Forest Service will be combined with Civil Services. Examination will be held in two stages as following below:
Stage I- Civil Services Preliminary Examination
Stage II- Indian Forest Service Main Examination
Civil Services Preliminary Exam Pattern 2018:
- Preliminary Examination will contain Paper I and Paper II that are General Studies and Aptitude test.
- Both Examinations will contain objective type questions of total 200 marks.
- Exam will be in two languages that are Hindi and English and the knowledge of candidate related to General Studies and Aptitude will be tested.
- Candidates will be given 4 alternatives and applier have to choose one correct answer.
- Candidates will be given 2 hours for solving each question paper. Blind candidates will be given some extra time of twenty minutes to solve the exam.
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer as the 1/3 marks of the total marks allotted to the question will be deducted from marks obtained by the applier.
- In any circumstances, no appliers can get the help of scribe for writing the answers. Only blind candidates can take help of the other person for writing the answer.
|Paper I||General Studies||200 Marks||2 hours|
|Paper II||Aptitude test||200 Marks||2 hours|
Get Complete Details On: IFS Syllabus
Indian Forest Service Main Exam Pattern 2018
- According to the IFS Exam Pattern, Indian Forest Service exam comprises of six papers; General English, General Knowledge and two optional subjects each comprising two papers.
- Paper I & Paper II will contain 300 marks and other papers will contain 200 marks, so the total marks are 1400.
- For Papers III, IV, V & VI, candidates have to choose have to choose the two Optional Subjects as given in the below stated list. However candidates can’t choose some combinations as following below.
|Paper I||General English||300 marks|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300 marks|
|Paper III||Optional Subject 1 (Paper 1)||200 marks|
|Paper IV||Optional Subject 1 (Paper 2)||200 marks|
|Paper V||Optional Subject 2 (Paper 1)||200 marks|
|Paper VI||Optional Subject 2 (Paper 2)||200 marks|
Check Here: Indian Forest Service Exam Books
List of Optional Subjects:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Check Out: IFS Coaching Centers In India
Following combination of subjects are not allowed
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Of the Engineering subjects viz. Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject
The maximum marks for interview will be 300 marks. The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who have a record of the interviewee career in advance. The object of the Interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for the Service. The intelligence of appliers will be tested through this test. So candidates should reply to the employer with patience and intelligence.
Also Check: Interview Prep. Tips- By Experts
Indian Forest Services Exam 2018:
Union Public Service Commission is going to release UPSC IFS Exam Notification on 07.02.2018. Those candidates who want to enhance their career in Union Public Service Commission Jobs they must apply for the same through online mode before the last date that is 06.03.2018.
After filling online applications, the organizations will shortlist candidates through screening of applications for Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2018 which will be conducted on 03.06.2018 (SUNDAY). Candidates who successfully qualify Preliminary Examination then will be called for Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2018 on 02.12.2018 (SUNDAY). Shortlisted candidates through Mains then will be called for further selection rounds.
We, the team of www.recruitementinboxx.in hope that the IFS Exam Pattern 2018 mentioned above will definitely help you to know the actual IFS Exam Pattern 2018. For more careers related information and updates keep visiting our web portal.
May Like to Read This Section
|UPSC IFS Result||IFS Notification|
|Latest PSC Notification||IFS Admit Card|
|UPSC IFS Previous Year Question Papers||IFS Officer Salary Structure|
|IFS Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Notification|