Aspirants who want to participate in upcoming UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination, 2018 may check the IFS Notification details through this page!! Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct UPSC Indian Forest Service Prelims Examination on 03/06/2018 and the candidates who are willing to appear in this exam may fill the IFS application form before the closing date that is 06/03/2018. Every year the commission invites online application from skilled contenders and huge number of aspirants appears in this exam with the motive to get hired for the post of IFS Officers. For more details about IFS Notification 2018 and Mains exam date, read the entire post.
This Page Includes?
|IFS Eligibility Criteria||IFS Age Limit|
|IFS Selection Process||Steps to fill UPSC IFS Online Application Form|
|IFS Important Dates||Application Fee|
|Exam Pattern||Examination Centers|
Candidates who fulfill all eligibility criteria are required to fill the IFS Application Form through online mode and submit it on or before closing date candidates must note that the official notification has not been released by UPSC, candidates can check it from official website on 07/02/2018. The IFS mains Examination will be conducted by UPSC on 02/12/2018, candidates who wish grab detailed information may scroll down the page and fetch all the significant details in this concern. Our hardworking and dedicated team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com have well created this page for the ease of the aspirants.
UPSC IFS Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates, who are going to apply for UPSC IFS Exam must be either:-
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who arrive over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the purpose of undyingly settling in India or
- An Individual of Indian origin (PIO) who has roamed from Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Malawi, Zaire and Vietnam with the intent of eternally settling in India.
- Provided that an applicant belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be an individual in whose favour a official document of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Do you want to read: UPSC Notification?
IFS Educational Qualification:
Those candidates are going to appear for UPSC IFS, should have done Degree of Graduation in relevant disciplines such as Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Sciences/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology/ Agriculture/ Forestry/ Engineering with minimum percentage of marks from a recognized university or institute.
Graduation degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
Are you searching for More Graduate Jobs: Check Info?
- The age of participating candidates should not be more than 32 years and should not be less than 21 years
- Age Relaxation will be applicable to reserved category candidates as per the rules & regulations of govt. of India.
- Aspirants, who categorized under SC/ST will be given 5 years relaxation and OBC applicants will be given 3 years relaxation as on 1st August 2015.
Applicants, who are going to fill UPSC IFS Application Form, have to deposit an amount of application fee of Rs. 100/- through any State Bank of India branch by hard cash or by using net banking or any other manner of online imbursement for IFS exam. There is no fee for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC), physically handicapped and female candidates.
Must Read: IFS Officer Salary Structure
Manner of Enrollment:
Enrollment of the applicants will be based on the basis of their appearance in Preliminary and Mains written examination which will be conducted by the recruitment panel of the organization.
The both exam will be multiple choice type. After appearing in exam, selected applicants will be called for personal interview. Final selection of the applicants will be done on the basis of their performance in personal interview, organized by the selection panel of organization.
Check Here: IFS Exam Pattern
UPSC IFS Exam Pattern / UPSC SYllabus
- There are two types of obligatory papers.
- First paper will be objective type and second paper will be evocative type.
- Every paper will contain 200 marks and the duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer & 0.33 marks will be deducted. Note that there will b e no penalty for blank question.
This is focal exam to qualify for IFS 2017. There are six papers which will be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission):-
|Paper I||General English||300 Marks|
|Paper II||General Knowledge||300 Marks|
|Paper III, IV, V & VI||Each paper will be sub divided in two parts that is part-A & part –B. Each section of exam enclose with 8 questions in which 5 questions are attempted mandatory.||200 marks for each paper|
Must Check: Indian Forest Services Exam Books
List of discretionary subjects of IFS Exam Syllabus for main examination:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
May Check: IFS Syllabus
Centers for Preliminary Examination:
Centres for Main Examination Centres:
Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Port Blair and Shimla
Download Here: UPSC IFS Previous Year Question Papers
How to Apply for UPSC IFS Exam Notification?
- First of all, applicants, who are going to apply for UPSC IFS Exam, need to fill IFS Exam Application Form by visiting the official website of Union Public Service Commission that is www.upsc.gov.in.
- After visiting the official site, have to choose “Notification – Indian Forest Service Examination, 2018” link which is mentioned in the section of “What’s New” shown at the right side of the homepage.
- Now, need to go the UPSC home page or select “UPSC ONLINE APPLICATIONS” link mentioned at the left side of the homepage and hit on “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC” link.
- Then, press Part-I Registration and fill all the required details and upload the photographs and signature.
- When completing Part-I Registration, apply for Part-II Registration and fill the online application form with complete details in correct manner.
- After filling the form, need to upload the passport size photograph and need to upload their signature on the provided space in application form.
- After completing of all process, press “Submit” button for the final submission of it.
- At last, take a print out of it for future reference.
Do you know: How to Fill Online Application Form?
Important Dates for IFS Notification:
|Sl. No.||Exam Events||Tentative Date|
|1.||Date for issue of IFS notification and application form||07/02/2018|
|2.||Deadline to submit the application form||06/03/2018|
|3.||Examination Date (Pre)||03/06/2018|
|4.||Examination date (Main)||02/12/2018|
Applicants need to check Official Notification Link to gain information related to IFS Notification 2017. If you want to get latest information direct in your mail box, you may subscribe our mail service. Keep visiting with our web portal www.recrutimentinboxx.com for obtaining updates time to time.
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|IFS Admit Card||UPSC IFS Result|
|UPSC Application Form||IFS Coaching Centers In India|
|UPSC Interview Questions and Answers||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||Uttar Pradesh Current Affairs|