International Women’s Day
On every 8th March, International Women’s Day is celebrated with full enthusiasm and passion, which fundamentally replicates women’s progress made in the history. As we all know women’s are the sign of positivity, courage and determination which make them extra ordinary.
They are the ones who have made outstanding contributions in building a society. UN Human Right of United Nations every year designs various themes for celebrating Women’s Day. Themes create awareness and focuses on women’s day-to-day struggle. Here you can find 10 Best Theme regarding International Women’s Day 2018, best wishes messages and Quotes. Please take a look below.
It is right time to send warm wishes to all women out there, as the festival of Women’s Day is right here. On the favorable day of Women’s Day, we have shared list of messages which you can send across to your loved ones. On the incident of Women’s Day we wish all the women are a very Happy Women’s Day. On this International Women’s Day let’s celebrate the womanhood and make them feel extra special by sending them best women’s day messages.
International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day (IWD), formerly called International Working Women’s Day and it is celebrated in different regions from general celebration of respect, appreciation, and love towards women’s economic, political, and social achievements.
Someone has rightly said that, ‘Behind every successful man, there is a woman’ and possibly this age-old saying highlights the foremost contribution of women towards the society. Majority of us might actually agree with this saying as a woman is best defined as a symbol of positivity, determination, strong will-power, courage and lot more things.
The 2018 International Woman’s Day theme
The 2018 theme for International Women’s Day is “Planet 50-50 by 2030: Step It Up for Gender Equality”, which talks about gender equality, women’s empowerment, women’s human rights.
Quotes And Messages On Women’s Day 2018
- A woman is like a tea bag – you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. — Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady of the United States.
- If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman. — Margaret Thatcher, former British Prime Minister
- In our society, the women who break down barriers are those who ignore limits. — Arnold Schwarzenegger, Austrian-American actor.
- Honor your daughters. They are honourable. — Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani activist.
- Women will never be as successful as men because they have no wives to advise them. —Dick Van Dyke, American actor.
- Women are women, and hurray for that. — John Galliano, fashion designer.
- I am my own woman. — Evita Peron, actress
- I measure the progress of a community by the degree of progress which women have achieved. — BR Ambedkar, Indian economist.
- Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away. — Barbara de Angelis, American relationship consultant.
- Women don’t realise how powerful they are. — Judith Light, American actress.
- “Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants.” – Coco Chanel
- “Women are clear-headed, they are more creative and for this reason, sometimes, also more fragile.” – Emma Bonino
- “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacation-less class.” – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Wishes for International Women’s Day
|Thanking you from the bottom of my heart for all things you do making my life better. Happy Women’s Day!|
|You are a beautiful woman, a great friend and a wonderful mother. You are all this to me and much more… I feel so lucky and proud to have a person like you in my life. Happy Womens Day.|
|For all the times you’ve brought a smile and made my days seem brighter. For sharing ups and downs with me and making my burdens lighter. For doing the caring things that make a special friend. Your friendship is a great blessing and I wish it never ends. Happy Women’s Day.|
|On this special day, celebrate your life and take a break from your busy schedule. Have fun and do what your heart says because its your day. Have a great Women’s Day!|
|If you could see it from my eyes you would know you are one gem of a Woman! day!|
|It’s you who’s making the difference in so many lives…. And I am one of them…. Have a wonderful|
|The willingness to listen, The patience to unserstand, The Heart to Care and Just to be there. That is the Beauty of a Lady.|
|A beautiful woman draws strength from troubles, smiles during distress and grows stronger with prayers & hope. Happy women’s day.|
|This life has no existence without a strong ally in ‘Woman’ in every stage of life starting from motherhood to wife, from sister and finally a daughter. Happy Women’s Day!|
|Women have strengths that amazes man.. She can handle trouble & carry heavy burdens.. She holds happiness, love & opinions.. And she will always smile when she feels like screaming.|
|Through the years, I have shared so much with you, both bitter and sweet. You have been such a comfort to me, helping me in every way, and all I wanna say today is: Sis, I treasure you close to my heart. Happy Women’s Day!|
First International Women’s Day
First International Women’s Day was celebrated on March 19, 1911. There was a dispute going on by International Ladies Garment Workers Union against long working hours in New York. During March 8, 1914 Women’s Day was celebrated in Germany and since the custom has continued. On this day, protesters wear purple ribbon on their wrist.
Purple color symbolizes justice and self-respect which relates to women’s equality. It is said that Women’s Social and Political Union in Great Britain had once adopted a particular color scheme to celebrate womanhood.
Let’s celebrate the International Women’s Day with great zeal and passion and wishes all women as Happy Women’s Day! This event celebration plays a great role in distributing the real message about the women’s right and their place in society.