Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Scheme Of Merit cum Means Scholarship for Minority students is offered by State Government/UT Administration or an Agency designated by the State Government/UT Administration with the intention of providing financial assistance to the poor and meritorious.
Students must check Merit Cum Means Scholarship Status and submit their MCM Application Form on or before the last date. Students can go for submitting the form for Merit Cum Means Scholarship Renewal also with the help of this page.
Know About National Means Cum Merit Scholarship
Only those Applicants can apply for Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme whose annual family income is not more than Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources. Minority Students who fulfill the eligibility criteria they can avail this opportunity before Merit Cum Means Scholarship Last Date.
For attaining further information Ministry Of Minority Affairs Merit Cum Means Scholarship and National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Result 2018, you are advised to scroll down this page which is created by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Objective Of Merit Cum Means Scholarship:
- The purpose of Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship scheme is to give financial support to poor and qualified students who belong to minority communities so that they can do professional and technical courses.
- These scholarships are available only for studies in India and will be awarded through the designated agency by the State Government / UT Administration or State Government / Union Territory Administration.
Read Also: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
Number Of Merit cum Means Scholarship:
Through 12th Five Year Plan, 60000 fresh Minority Scholarship will be rewarded in each financial year, in addition renewals among the students of minority communities in States/UTs during the country based on the State/UT-wise population of these communities.
Rate of Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2018:
|Type of Financial|
|Rate for hostler||Rate for Day|
(For 10 months only)
(Rs. 1000 p.m.)
(Rs. 500 p.m.)
|Course Fee*||Rs.20,000/- per||Rs.20,000/- per|
|annum or Actual||annum or Actual|
|whichever is less||whichever is less|
State-wise distribution of Means Cum Merit Scholarship among the students belonging to minority communities
|Jammu & Kashmir||2105||6||64||35||1||0||2211|
|Andaman & Nicobar||9||24||0||0||0||0||33|
|Dadra & Nagar||2||2||0||0||0||0||4|
|Daman & Diu||4||1||0||0||0||1||6|
Merit cum Means Scholarship Amount:
Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS amount ie course fee and maintenance allowance will be deposited / transferred to the bank account of the directly deposited students.
West Bengal Merit Cum Means Scholarship will not be given for the time of internship/houseman ship in the M.B.B.S. course or for a practical training in other course if the student is in receipt of some salary throughout the internship period or some allowance/stipend for the duration of the practical training in other course.
Do You Know: How To Get A College Scholarship?
Merit cum Means Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2018:
- Candidates who are pursuing graduate and post graduate degree from a recognized university/institution with more than 50% marks they can apply for this scheme and These students will be selected strictly on merit basis
- Course fees and maintenance allowance will be transferred directly to the selected students’ bank accounts.
- Students who enter a college will be eligible for scholarship to pursue technical / vocational courses based on National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Examination 2018.
- A scholarship holder under Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Scheme will not advantage of any other scholarship/salary for pursuing the course
- The annual income of the parents should not be more than Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
Check Here: List Of Scholarship In India
Earmarking for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018:
- 30% Merit cum Means Scholarship scholarships are set for students of girls of state / union territories of each minority community which is transferable to the male students of that community in case of unavailability of female students in that community / state territories in that community. 30% is floor and there is no terrace for eligible girl students.
- If a physical target of scholarship is not used for any minority community in any state / union territory, then it will be distributed in other states / UTs according to merit in the equal minority community and without disturbing national ratios.
- A student living in a particular State / Union Territory should be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that state / union territory, even if it does not pay attention to its place of studies.
- The number of scholarship on the basis of minority population of States / Union Territories has been fixed for the State / Union Territories. Within the state-wide allocation, the applications of the institutions listed will end before.
How To Apply For Scholarship? Read Here
Steps To Apply For Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2018:
The Ministry Of Minority Affairs invites the Merit Cum Means Scholarship Applications via online mode only. Thus, candidates who want to fill Merit Cum Means Scholarship Form and don’t about the procedure can go through the handy steps as stated below for your ease.
- In the first step, aspirants are required to log on National Scholarship Portal by going through the official website of the organization that is minorityaffairs.gov.in
- Once you will re-direct the home page, you need go “Schemes/Programme” section and hit on the Scholarship Scheme link.
- Then you need to select the “Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme” link.
- Afterwards, Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2018 Notification will be opened in PDF format.
- Aspirants are required read all details attentively.
- Then go back to the previous page and press on “To Apply Online Hit Here” link.
- Now fill Merit Cum Means Application Formwith the required details without doing any mistake.
- Subsequently, upload Xerox of all required documents, signature and passport size photograph in prescribed size.
- Take a preview of National Merit Cum Means Scholarship Form 2018 and then press on “Submit” button.
- Finally, Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship Application Form Download and keep Minority Scholarship Application Form safe for future reference.
Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2018-19 Last Date:
|Event||Dates for Fresh Application||Dates for Renewal|
|June 2018 to |
|June 2018 to July 2018|
|Scrutiny of Application|
|November 2018||November 2018|
|Scrutiny of Application|
|November 2018||December 2018|
|Final List of|
|Nov-Dec 2018||December 2018|
On this web page, we have provided information about Merit cum Means Scholarship 2018. Aspirants who want to collect other information they can go through the official link. For obtaining upcoming information you can bookmark this web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing ctrl+d.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Documents Required For Education Loan||Entrance Exams In India|
|UGC Approved Universities||How To Apply For Education Loan|
|How To Survive First Year Of College||Why College Attendance is Important|