Ministry of Human Resource Development is going to provide MHRD Scholarship scheme to those students, who belong to low income families and not able to pursue higher studies. Qualified candidates who wish to get financial support, they must apply for MHRD National / External Scholarship Scheme from this page.
MHRD Scholarship 2018 Scheme is also provided to Medal Winners/GATE-GPAT aspirants. Existing applicants may check MHRD Scholarship Status of his / her scheme and also submit the MHRD Renewal Form to continue their fellowship.
MHRD Renewal Status:
Those students who are already taking benefit from the Ministry of Human Resource Development Scholarship and want to renew their scholarship can fill the renewal form before the last date.
They can also visit the official website of the Ministry of Human Resource Development which is mhrd.gov.in or can read this page which is created by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
MHRD Scholarship Schemes:
- Free education for sports medal winners
- PG Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing ME/Mtech/Mpharm
Read Out: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
Eligibility Criteria for MHRD Scholarship 2018:
Those students who are studying in class 12th standard or about to completing graduation can take benefit of MHRD Scholarship 2018 to complete their higher studies. Students can scroll down this page and get the full details and eligibility criteria.
- To get the MHRD Scholarship, aspirants should complete the Four years of studies in India at the secondary and higher Secondary state or equivalent Classes IX to XII or must have graduation degree.
- Continuing the scholarship in Class X and XII the students should get clear promotion from Class IX to X and from Class XI to Class XII in the first attempted with 55% marks (50% marks for SC / ST Students).
- The awardees must obtain minimum 60% marks in Class (55% for SC / ST Students) examination or Equivalent examination for the continuation of the scholarship at Higher Secondary stage.
MHRD Scholarship Scope and Status:
According to the performance of the candidates in the senior secondary examination, they will get MHRD scholarships. Ministry of Human Resource Development is providing 82000 scholarships per year and in which 41000 for boys and 41000 for girls.
Allocation Of MHRD Scholarship:
Total number of MHRD Scholarships will be divided amongst the State Boards on the basis of population of State’s in the age group of 18 years -25 years, after separating share of Central Board of Secondary Education and ICSE on the basis of number of students passing out from various Boards in the country.
MHRD Scholarship Scheme:
The amount of MHRD Scholarship is proposed to be Rs.6000/ per Annum (Rs.500/ per Month).
Selection Process for MHRD Scholarship 2018:
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of presentation in written Examination. For selecting the candidates, each State / Union Territory will conduct its own test for the award of the National Means cum Merit Scholarship.
- Candidates who wish to get this MHRD Scholarship than you have to perform well in written exam conducted by the management authority and try to crack the written exam.
- If you want to prepare for the entrance test, you have to be fully prepared in all topics given by the authority to qualify this test.
- The State level Examination consists of the following Two Stage-
Mental Ability Test (MAT) –
- Mental Ability Test or MAT consists of 90 Multiple Choice Question testing verbal and nonverbal Metacognitive abilities like- Reasoning and Critical Thinking.
- The question in the test may be on Analogy, Classification, Numerical Series, Pattern Preception, Hidden Figures etc.
- Each Test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with Disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) –
- Sat consists of 90 multiple choice questions covering subject namely, Science, Social Studies and Mathematics as taught in Class VII and VIII.
- The duration of Test is 90 Minutes.
Get Best Answer: How Do I Get College Scholarship
MHRD Scholarship Rate:
The scholarship rate would be:
- Graduation level: Rs. 1000/- per month for three years (To be disbursed lump sum Amount of Rs.10, 000/- at the end of academic year.)
- Post Graduation level: (Other than that of the professional courses) Rs 2000/- per month for two years after Graduation (To be disbursed lump sum Amount of Rs.20,000/- at the end of academic year.
- Note: For 4th and 5th year of Professional Courses @ Rs 2000/- per month.
Also Check: Latest Scholarships Opportunities in India
MHRD Scholarship 2018 Reservation:
- Those candidates who belong to reserved categories / weaker sections/minorities are eligible on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking.
- The MHRD Scholarship Programme would be available to students belonging to ‘non-creamy layer as per the norms.
MHRD External Scholarships:
MHRD, Department of Higher Education starts scholarships/fellowships procedure offered by the foreign countries under Cultural/Educational Exchange Programmes. Many scholarships are formed for Research, Master’s and Doctoral studies. Eligibility criteria, value of scholarship, age limit, required qualifications, experience etc. According to the scholarship, candidates will be selected for St. Antony College, Oxford University London, for an academic year. HRD facilitates online applications from
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- New Zealand
- UK (Commonwealth)
- Mexico and Italy
MHRD National Scholarships:
MHRD National scheme is providing support financially to the commendable students whose family income of less than Rs.6 lakh per annum. Students, who have earned 80th percentile in the particular stream from a recognized Board of Examination and pursuing regular course, are eligible to grab MHRD National Scholarships.
Special Scholarship Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir
Those candidates who belong from Jammu & Kashmir will get special scheme scholarship. For those aspirants, the Ministry of human resource development has announced 5000 scholarship and it is given as the Tuition fee and Maintenance allowance to the students.
How to Apply for MHRD Scholarship 2018 Program ?
- Visit Official website of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education that is mhrd.gov.in
- Now do the MHRD Scholarship Login by following the below given instructions.
- Select “Higher Education” tab mentioned at the bottom of home page.
- After that, hit “Scholarships and Education Loan” from new window.
- Now hit on “Scholarships Announcements” visible on new window at the right side of same page.
- After reading essential details select apply online link in MHRD Scholarship portal.
- Fill MHRD Scholarship Online Application Form carefully with necessary details.
- Upload educational documents, experience certificates, caste certificate and other details (if required).
- Take a preview of filled MHRD Scholarship Application Form and press “SUBMIT” button for final submission of application form.
- Take a print of system generated online application form for future use.
Last date to submit MHRD Scholarship Form 2018: As Soon As Possible
Participants may directly check their MHRD Scholarship 2018 through the above mentioned official link.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section