Ministry of Minority Affairs is going to give financial help to the financially weaker students through Minority scholarship Scheme. Those Minority Class candidates who want to do higher studies but are not able to do so they can take help from Minority Pre/Post Matric Scheme. Minority Scholarship 2018 is available for educational development of minority communities’ students.
Willing students are required to submit Minority Scholarship Online Application Form 2018 through proper channel on or before the last date that is stated below. The scheme at pre-matric level encourage to the parents from minority communities to send their children to school, to support their children to complete school education.
You can also check the lists of Minority Scholarship in India from this single web page. To get more information about Minority Scholarship 2018-19, you are required to scroll down the entire page which is prepared by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities by National Commission for Minorities. Government offers financial support to the candidates who can’t afford the expenses of higher studies at college/ university level.
Pre Matric Minority Scholarship 2018-19:
Pre Matric Scholarship for minority will be awarded for studies in a government or private school from class I to class X in India.
Post Matric Minority Scholarship:
Post Matric Scholarship will be awarded for studies in a government or private school after class X for classes XI and XII, under-graduate, post graduate studies in India.
It also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level.
Read Also: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
Minority welfare scholarship Eligibility criteria:
- Students, who have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination with the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.1 lakh, are eligible for Pre Matric Minority Scholarship.
- Students, who have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination with the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2 lakh, are eligible for Post Matric Minority Scholarship.
- 30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students.
- In case sufficient number of eligible girl students is not available, then the balance earmarked scholarships may be awarded to eligible boy students.
|Religion||Percentage in Total Population in Census|
List of Minority Scholarships in India:
For Scholarship Schemes (Pre Matric, Post Matric & MOMA Scholarship), more than Rs. 1244 Crores Released to Minority Students in 2014-15 as per the press release dated 25-12-2015, and this amount equals 49% of planned annual budget of the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
- MOMA Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme
- MOMA Post Matric Scholarship scheme
- MOMA Merit Cum Means Scholarship
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students
- Maulana Azad Scholarship for Girls
- Nai Udaan Minority Scholarship
- West Bengal Talent Support Stipend Scholarship
- Sikh minority scholarship
- National minority scholarship
|Scholarship||Amount Released||Number of Beneficiary|
|Pre Matric Scholarship||1129.27 crore||74.97 Lakh|
|Post Matric||501.28 crore||9.09 lakh|
Duration of scholarship for minority:
It will be provided for the entire course. However, maintenance allowance will be given for a period not exceeding 10 months only in an academic year.
Selection Procedure of scholarship for minority students:
Students will be selected for the scheme on the basis of completion prescribed eligibility. Preference will be given to the students from BPL families having the lowest income in the ascending order. The renewal applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
Minority Scholarship Statistics:
The Statistics are for the following courses, aggregate for all the states & UTs
- Engineering & Technology
- Architecture & Planning
- Applied Arts & Crafts
- Hotel Management & Catering
|Approved Institutes Count||10,325|
|Minority Male Students||1,04,411|
|Minority Female Students||32,354|
|Total Minority Students||1,36,765|
|Percentage of Minority Students in the higher ed Institutes||6.6%|
Check Here: Great Ways to Win a College Scholarship
Rate of Minority Scholarship for Post Matric Students:
|Admission and tution fees for classes XI and XII||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs. 7,000 P.A.||Actual subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs. 7,000 P.A|
|Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level. (Includes fees/charges|
for raw materials, etc.)
|Actual subject to a maximum ceiling|
of Rs. 10,000 P.A.
|Actual subject to a maximum ceiling|
of Rs. 10,000 P.A.
|Admission and tuition fee for under-graduate, post graduate.||Actual subject to a|
of Rs. 3,000 P.A.
|Actual subject to a|
of Rs. 3,000 P.A.
Maintenance allowance for 10 months
|Rs. 380 P.M||Rs. 230 P.M|
|(i)Classes XI and XII including|
technical and vocational courses of this level
|(ii)Courses other than technical and|
professional courses at under-graduate
and post graduate level
|Rs. 570 P.M||Rs. 300 P.M|
(iii) M. Phil and Ph.D. (For those researchers
|Rs. 1200 P.M||Rs. 550 P.M|
Rate of Minority Scholarship for Pre Matric Students:
|Admission fee from class VI to X||Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actual.||Rs. 500/- per annum subject to actual.|
|Tuition fee from class VI to X||Rs. 350/- per month subject to actual.||Rs. 350/- per month subject to actual.|
|Maintenance allowance is payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.|
|(i) Class I to V||Nil||Rs. 100/- per month|
|(ii) Class VI to X||Rs. 600/- per month subject to actual.||Rs. 100/- per month|
How to fill Minority Scholarship form 2018?
- Candidates must visit to the minority scholarship portal that is www.minorityaffairs.gov.in to fill the minority scholarship 2018-19 application form
- On the home page hit the “scheme/ performance” link
- The press the link “Scholarship Schemes” on this page
- Further minority scholarship application form download by pressing “Pre-matric/ Post-matric Scholarship Scheme” link.
- Read this notification carefully before applying.
- Now fill it carefully after ensuring their eligibility.
- Submit form at the same office before closing date along with the essential particulars.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Documents Required for Minority Scholarship 2018-19:
Those candidates, who are going to apply for Minority Scholarship, are required to produce following documents along with application form which are as given below.
- 10th mark sheet hard copy
- Intermediate or 12th mark sheet hard copy
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card
- Address proof.
- College Verification
- Passport Size Photo
- Proof of Bank Account in the Name of the Student
- Declaration of the Student
Minority scholarship status:
Minority scholarship 2018-19 last date: Available Soon
Students may get other details regarding Minority Scholarship 2018, through this Official Link. Aspirants need to keep in touch with our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com for latest updates regarding this scheme. You can also bookmark this page by using CTRL+D, to get latest information regarding the same.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Documents Required For Education Loan||Entrance Exams In India|
|UGC Approved Universities||How To Apply For Education Loan|
|How To Survive First Year Of College||Why College Attendance is Important|