Keen contenders to get admission in Ph.D degree in mathematics and Ph.D/Integrated Ph.D programme for the academic year 2018-19 can avail the chance to apply for NBHM Scholarship. In order to apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics PhD Mathematics Scholarships, contenders can submit their NBHM Scholarship Application Form on or before 2nd Week of December 2018. The authority will select the contenders for the above mentioned scheme on the basis of their performance in Joint Screening Test followed by Interview.
NBHM Scholarship 2018 is a great chance for the contenders, willing to pursue PhD from Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai institutes. In order to get more details regarding NBHM Scholarship 2018 PhD Mathematics, you can scroll down this page that is well designed by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Purpose of Scholarship of NBHM 2018:
- To promote growth of higher mathematics in country and provide financial aid to research projects and to doctoral and postdoctoral scholars.
- To motivate the excellent scholars for pursuing research for a Ph.D. degree in mathematics and to get admissions to the Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. programmes.
NBHM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2018:
To apply for NBHM Mathematics Scholarship 2018, contenders are required to ensure the below mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must be mathematically motivated and hold a master’s degree in (pure or applied) mathematics or statistics
- Appearing contenders in final year of these degree courses are also eligible.
- Aspirants passed B.Sc. (Honours) course with a second class may also apply for NBHM Scholarship 2018 Application Form.
- Applying contenders must be completed B.S. / M.A. / M.Sc. (or equivalent) degree.
Also Check: Latest Scholarships Opportunities In India
NBHM Scholarship Amount 2018:
After the completion of the selection procedure, selected contenders will be awarded by NBHM Ph.D. scholarship 2018 of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first and second year and Rs. 28,000/- per month for subsequent years, a contingency grant of Rs. 32,000/- per year. Apart from the scholarship amount, house rent allowance will be provided to the contenders as per central government norms.
Duration of NBHM Scholarship 2018 PhD:
NBHM Scholarship 2018 PhD Mathematics will be allocated for total 4 years and allowed for one year at a time. After every year, candidates can apply for the renewable of program subject to satisfactory progress.
NBHM Scholarship 2018 Selection Procedure:
- To be selected for the NBHM PhD Mathematics Scholarship 2018, contenders need to qualify the written test followed by screening test.
- In written test, questions will be asked from topics covered in master’s degree Programmes in mathematics.
- 150 minutes will be provided to the contenders for solving the question paper.
- Appearing candidates in NBHM test 2018 are advised to do preparation from previous papers also.
- Final selection of the shortlisted contenders in the examination will be made on the basis of interview.
Check Here: Great Ways to Win a College Scholarship
NBHM Ph.d Scholarship Exam Centers:
Applying aspirants are informed that written test will be held at following centers that are divided into five separate zones:
|Zone 1||Chandigarh||New Delhi||Srinagar||–||–|
|Zone 3||Goa||Mumbai||Pune||Vallabh Vidyanagar||–|
Procedure to submit NBHM Scholarship 2018 Application Form:
Contenders can apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics scholarship 2018 by following the below mentioned hassle free steps.
Step1: First of all, contenders have to go through the National Board for Higher Mathematics Official Website that is www.nbhm.dae.gov.in
Step2: Now go through the PhD Advertisement 2018 link that is available at the beneath section of the home page.
Step3: Read the complete details mentioned in NBHM Notification of Scholarship 2018 carefully.
Step4: Eligible contenders have fill NBHM Application Form 2018 on plain paper in prescribed format.
Step5: Attach recent passport sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope affixed with a Rs. 5/- postage stamp.
Step6: Envelope must be super scribed as “NBHM Ph.D. Scholarship”.
Step7: Send the NBHM Scholarship 2018 form to below mentioned address.
Addresses of NBHM Scholarship Zonal Coordinators:
Prof. Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi, Department of Mathematics, Punjab University, Hans Raj Gupta Hall, Chandigarh – 160 014
|Zone 2||Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,|
Allahabad – 211 019
|Zone 3||Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharya, School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005||[email protected]|
|Zone 4||Dr. Avishek Adhikari, Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Calcutta,|
35, Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata – 700 019
|Zone 5||Prof. S. Kesavan, c/o Institute of Mathematical Sciences, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113|
NBHM Scholarship Dates 2018 (Tentative):
Closing date for receipt of NBHM Scholarship form 2018
|2nd Week of December 2018|
|Applicant should contact zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by||1st Week of January 2019|
|Applicant should contact centre-in-charge suggested by zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by||3rd Week of January 2019|
Date of screening test
|4th Week of January 2019|
NBHM Scholarship 2018 details can be snatched by the contenders with the help of above mentioned direct link also. Candidates, if you want to grab updated information in this concern or any others, you may follow us on Facebook or Google Plus while you can use our (www.recruitmentinboxx.com) free email service also.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section