Apply for NBHM Scholarship Till 30th July 2018 !! The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) is offering NBHM PG Scholarship to students for pursuing studies leading to for MA/M.Sc in mathematics for the academic year 2018- 2019.
NBHM Scholarship Criteria
Students possessing a first class B.A./B.Sc. degree in mathematics or B.A.(Hons.)/ B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics with at least a second class are eligible to apply for NBHM Scholarship 2018.
Selection of the contenders NBHM Masters Scholarships will be done on the basis of their performance in written exam and interview. To attain more details about NBHM MA/MSc Advertisement 2018- 2019, check this page which is designed by www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
NBHM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
Applying contenders for NBHM Scholarship 2018-19 for MA/M.Sc (Mathematics) are required to ensure the following criteria in appropriate manner:
- Only candidates belonging to one of the following categories can apply for NBHM MA/MSc Scholarships in India.
- Students holding a first class B.A./B.Sc. degree in mathematics or students holding a B.A.(Hons.)/B.Sc.(Hons.) degree in mathematics with at least a second class.
- Students in the final year of the B.A./B.Sc. programme expecting to complete the course by July 2018 with a first class (or, in case of an honours program, at least a second class).
- Students with a good academic record who have already completed, or expect to complete by July 2018, one year of a recognized M.Sc. program in mathematics.
- Students who have completed, or expect to complete by July 2018, three or four years of a five-year integrated M.Sc. programme in mathematics with cumulative marks/grade equivalent to a first class.
Get Best Answer: How Do I Get College Scholarship
NBHM Scholarship Amount and Benefits:
Successful candidates will receive nbhm.dae.gov.in Scholarship For MA/MSc in Mathematics 2018 of Rs. 6,000/- (Rupees Six Thousand Only) per month, during the two year period of the post-graduate programme.
NBHM Scholarship Duration or Validity:
- Students selected for NBHM Scholarship Award when in the final year of the M.A./M.Sc. or five-year integrated M.Sc. program will receive their scholarship for only one year.
- The scholarships are sanctioned for one year at a time and are renewable at the end of the year, subject to satisfactory progress.
NBHM Scholarship Selection Procedure 2018:
Selection of the contenders for National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Scholarship will be made on the basis of a written test followed by an interview of short-listed candidates.
The written test will be held on Saturday, September 22, 2018. The test will be of two and a half hours’ duration and involve questions requiring short answers, primarily in the areas of analysis and algebra, but also in other areas of mathematics covered in undergraduate mathematics programmes.
NBHM Scholarship Test Centers:
The written test will be conducted at the following centres:
|Zone 1||Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar.|
|Zone 2||Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur.|
|Zone 3||Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar.|
|Zone 4||Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong.|
|Zone 5||Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad.|
Read Out: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
Procedure To Apply For NBHM 2018 MSc Scholarship in Mathematics:
Contenders can apply for Apply for NBHM MA/MSc Scholarship Exam by going through the following guidelines in appropriate manner:
- First of all, contenders must have to visit to the official website of the organization which is www.nbhm.dae.gov.in/
- On the home page, you are suggested move your cursor towards NBHM M.Sc. Advertisement 2018-19” and hit “Here” link.
- Read the complete National Board for Higher Mathematics Scholarship Notification.
- Eligible contenders as per NBHM Scholarship Notification need to submit NBHM 2018 Application Form.
- NBHM Scholarship Applications on plain paper should be made in the format given at the end of this advertisement.
- They should be sent, along with a recent passport sized photograph of the applicant affixed to it and a self-addressed envelope, to the Zonal Coordinator of the zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test.
|Zone 1||Prof. Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi |
Department of Mathematics,
|Zone 2||Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty |
Harish-Chandra Research Institute,
Chhatnag Road, Jhusi, Allahabad – 211 019.
|Zone 3||Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharya |
School of Mathematics,
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005.
|Zone 4||Dr. Mrinal Nandi |
Department of Statistics,
West Bengal State University,
Berunanpukuria, Malikapur, Barasat,
24 Parganas North, Kolkata – 700 126.
|Zone 5||Prof. S. Kesavan |
c/o Institute of Mathematical Sciences,
CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113.
|Completed applications should|
reach the zonal coordinators
|by Monday, July 30, 2018.|
|Applicant should contact zonal|
coordinator if hall ticket is not received by this date
|by Monday, August 27, 2018|
|Date of written test||September 22, 2018|
Contenders can acquire more details about NBHM Scholarship 2018- 2019 by going through the above mentioned direct Official Link which is well provided by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Keen contenders to get admission in Ph.D degree in mathematics and Ph.D/Integrated Ph.D programme for the academic year 2018-19 can avail the chance to apply for NBHM Scholarship. In order to apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics PhD Mathematics Scholarships, contenders can submit their NBHM Scholarship Application Form on or before 2nd Week of December 2018. The authority will select the contenders for the above mentioned scheme on the basis of their performance in Joint Screening Test followed by Interview.
NBHM Scholarship 2018 is a great chance for the contenders, willing to pursue PhD from Harish-Chandra Research Institute (HRI), Allahabad, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune, and the Institute of Mathematical Sciences (IMSc), Chennai institutes. In order to get more details regarding NBHM Scholarship 2018 PhD Mathematics, you can scroll down this page that is well designed by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Purpose of Scholarship of NBHM 2018:
- To promote growth of higher mathematics in country and provide financial aid to research projects and to doctoral and postdoctoral scholars.
- To motivate the excellent scholars for pursuing research for a Ph.D. degree in mathematics and to get admissions to the Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. programmes.
NBHM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria 2018:
To apply for NBHM Mathematics Scholarship 2018, contenders are required to ensure the below mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Applicants must be mathematically motivated and hold a master’s degree in (pure or applied) mathematics or statistics
- Appearing contenders in final year of these degree courses are also eligible.
- Aspirants passed B.Sc. (Honours) course with a second class may also apply for NBHM Scholarship 2018 Application Form.
- Applying contenders must be completed B.S. / M.A. / M.Sc. (or equivalent) degree.
Also Check: Latest Scholarships Opportunities In India
NBHM Scholarship Amount 2018:
After the completion of the selection procedure, selected contenders will be awarded by NBHM Ph.D. scholarship 2018 of Rs. 25,000/- per month for the first and second year and Rs. 28,000/- per month for subsequent years, a contingency grant of Rs. 32,000/- per year. Apart from the scholarship amount, house rent allowance will be provided to the contenders as per central government norms.
Duration of NBHM Scholarship 2018 PhD:
NBHM Scholarship 2018 PhD Mathematics will be allocated for total 4 years and allowed for one year at a time. After every year, candidates can apply for the renewable of program subject to satisfactory progress.
NBHM Scholarship 2018 Selection Procedure:
- To be selected for the NBHM PhD Mathematics Scholarship 2018, contenders need to qualify the written test followed by screening test.
- In written test, questions will be asked from topics covered in master’s degree Programmes in mathematics.
- 150 minutes will be provided to the contenders for solving the question paper.
- Appearing candidates in NBHM test 2018 are advised to do preparation from previous papers also.
- Final selection of the shortlisted contenders in the examination will be made on the basis of interview.
Check Here: Great Ways to Win a College Scholarship
NBHM Ph.d Scholarship Exam Centers:
Applying aspirants are informed that written test will be held at following centers that are divided into five separate zones:
|Zone 1||Chandigarh||New Delhi||Srinagar||–||–|
|Zone 3||Goa||Mumbai||Pune||Vallabh Vidyanagar||–|
Procedure to submit NBHM Scholarship 2018 Application Form:
Contenders can apply for National Board for Higher Mathematics scholarship 2018 by following the below mentioned hassle free steps.
Step1: First of all, contenders have to go through the National Board for Higher Mathematics Official Website that is www.nbhm.dae.gov.in
Step2: Now go through the PhD Advertisement 2018 link that is available at the beneath section of the home page.
Step3: Read the complete details mentioned in NBHM Notification of Scholarship 2018 carefully.
Step4: Eligible contenders have fill NBHM Application Form 2018 on plain paper in prescribed format.
Step5: Attach recent passport sized photograph and a self-addressed envelope affixed with a Rs. 5/- postage stamp.
Step6: Envelope must be super scribed as “NBHM Ph.D. Scholarship”.
Step7: Send the NBHM Scholarship 2018 form to below mentioned address.
Addresses of NBHM Scholarship Zonal Coordinators:
Prof. Gurmeet Kaur Bakshi, Department of Mathematics, Punjab University, Hans Raj Gupta Hall, Chandigarh – 160 014
|Zone 2||Prof. Kalyan Chakraborty, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,|
Allahabad – 211 019
|Zone 3||Prof. Siddhartha Bhattacharya, School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai – 400 005||[email protected]|
|Zone 4||Dr. Avishek Adhikari, Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Calcutta,|
35, Ballygunge Circular Road, Kolkata – 700 019
|Zone 5||Prof. S. Kesavan, c/o Institute of Mathematical Sciences, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113|
NBHM Scholarship Dates 2018 (Tentative):
Closing date for receipt of NBHM Scholarship form 2018
|2nd Week of December 2018|
|Applicant should contact zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by||1st Week of January 2019|
|Applicant should contact centre-in-charge suggested by zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by||3rd Week of January 2019|
Date of screening test
|4th Week of January 2019|
NBHM Scholarship 2018 details can be snatched by the contenders with the help of above mentioned direct link also. Candidates, if you want to grab updated information in this concern or any others, you may follow us on Facebook or Google Plus while you can use our (www.recruitmentinboxx.com) free email service also.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|How To Apply For Education Loan||Entrance Exams In India|
|Documents Required For Education Loan||Student Success Strategies|
|How To Survive First Year Of College||Why College Attendance is Important|