UPSC is going to conduct N.D.A. & N.A. Examination 1 for those candidates who have filled NDA I application form. Applicants preparing for National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination must check (Subject Wise) Maths, General Ability Test Details given in NDA Syllabus from this page.
NDA Syllabus 2018 for Maths/English/Geography and other subjects will help you to do better preparation of the National Defence Academy and naval Academy examination. Aspirants can get NDA Syllabus for UPSC NDA I Exam & UPSC NDA 2 Exam at the official website of Union Public Service Commission also.
NDA Syllabus 2018 Details:
|Organization Name||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Examination Name||National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination|
|Starting date to apply||18-01-2018|
|Closing date to apply||05-02-2018|
|NDA & NA Exam Date||22-04-2018|
|NDA II exam Date||9th September 2018|
|Job Location||Across India|
UPSC NDA Syllabus PDF Download Here:
After completing the NDA 1 Exam, the organization will organize the NDA 2 exam on 09.09.2018. Applicants who are going to appear in UPSC National Defence Academy Entrance Exam, they should know complete details related to exam and NDA Syllabus. For this we have provided the NDA exam Syllabus PDF in Hindi as well as in English Language.
Candidates can download NDA Syllabus 2018- 2019 by following below important steps. You can get UPSC NDA & Naval Academy Syllabus and NDA/NA (I/II) Exam Pattern directly by going through this page which is created by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Candidates can check complete Syllabus Of NDA Entrance Exam 2018 by going through this page easily.
UPSC NDA Mathematics Syllabus 2018:
NDA Exam Syllabus for Maths consists the following topics:
|UPSC Naval Academy exam|
syllabus 2018 Algebra
|Syllabus Of NDA Exam 2018|
Statistics and Probability
|NDA Exam Syllabus 2018|
Matrices and Determinants
|NDA Syllabus 2018 for|
|NDA Exam Syllabus 2018 Differential Calculus||Syllabus Of NDA 2018 Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018|
|NDA 2018 Syllabus Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions|
National Defence Academy General Ability Exam Syllabus 2018:
NDA Exam 2018 Syllabus contains two parts i.e. English and General Knowledge:
Part A – NDA English Syllabus
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English
Part B – NDA Exam Syllabus of General Knowledge
Section A: Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
- General Principles in the working of the following:
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
Section B: Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems ). Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon – different forms.
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
Get here Free Practice Quiz: Online Chemistry Quiz
Section C: General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists
Read This: How to Prepare For NDA Written Exam
Section D: History, Freedom Movement, etc.
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Freedom Movement in India
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy.
- Socialism and Communism.
- Role of India in the present world.
Section E: Geography
- The Earth, its shape and size. Latitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line.
- Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth.
- Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate. Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India.
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
Section F: Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years
- Current important world events
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
Read Out Latest Updates: GK Current Affairs
NDA Exam Study Material
NDA Exam Pattern 2018
Contenders appearing in the National Defence Academy Exam are required to check the complete NDA Exam Pattern and Detailed NDA Syllabus to qualify the examination. Shortlisted contenders after the declaration of the written examination will participate in NDA Interview on scheduled date.
UPSC NDA NA Exam pattern for paper I
|Matrices and Determination|
|Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Statistics and Probability|
UPS NDA Paper Pattern II
|General Ability test||English||600|
Marking scheme of NDA NA Examination:
- There will be negative marking for every incorrect answer.
- For each wrong answer 0.33 marks will be reduced as penalty
- If more than one answer for each question has been given by candidates then they have to bear same penalty.
- If any applicants have not attempt any question then no extra marks will be deducted
NDA Preparation Books
After checking complete NDA Syllabus candidates Must refer below provided best books for NDA Preparation to make preparation for the examination-
|Books name||Name of Author /Publication|
|History Of Modern India (History)||Bipan Chandra|
|Indian Economy Performance and Policies (Economic Development – GS3)||Uma Kapila|
|Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for Civil Services Main Examination ( Ethics – GS4)||Subba Rao|
|Indian Economy (Economy)||Ramesh Singh|
|Science and Technology in India (Science and Technology)||Kalpana Rajaram : Spectrum|
|Environmental Studies from Crisis to Cure 2nd Edition (Environmental Studies)||R.Rajagoplan|
|Contemporay Essays (Essay Paper)||Ramesh Singh|
|India’s Foreign Policy (Foreign Policy – GS2)||Muchkund Dubey|
|Oxford School Atlas (Geography)||Oxford|
|Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations (Polity)||M. Laxmikanth|
|Social Problems In India (Indian Society – GS1)||Ram Ahuja|
|History of Modern World (World History – GS1)||Jain and Mathur|
|Pax Indica (Foreign Policy – GS2)||Shashi Tharoor|
Know Here: How To Join NDA After 12th
Tips to Prepare for NDA NA Exam 2018
- The first step is to collect the study material like syllabus, Notes, NDA Previous Year Question Paperand books etc.
- For qualifying English paper, you English must be correct, which include your speaking skills as well as grammar.
- You must know the shortcuts of calculation and in mathematics to solve questions in few seconds.
- Also you must be healthy with good physique, so that you can serve to your nation.
- Make your General knowledge strong by reading newspaper and watching TV.
- You can take coaching and also prepare with the help of your friends and NDA Exam’s Guides.
- Read newspaper daily to fluent you English as well increase you knowledge.
- Use best preparation books for NDA exam.
- Practice daily with online mock test.
- Practice hard to deduct week points.
- Solve NDA NA previous year papers as it will make you more efficient and also increase your speed.
Check Below Links To Prepare Subject Wise:
National Defence Academy Exam 2018
National Defence Academy is the joint service academy of Indian Armed Forces. In National Defence Academy applicants are selected by the Written Exam conducted by UPSC and Interview conducted by SSB.
SSB Interview is conducted in some parts such as General Aptitude, Psychological Test and Group Testing Officer Test. These tests are divided in some more parts and interview is conducted in 5 days.
If you are 12th passed with science, you can apply for NDA Exam. NDA Exam Syllabus is not tuff but the questions asked in exam are tricky. So you need to prepare in depth to each subject and Topic as given in NDA Syllabus 2018 for getting better marks in exam.
We the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com wishing you All the Best for your examination and hope that the above given NDA Syllabus 2018 – 2019 will help you in your preparation. For more details related to Examination must navigate through official link. Candidates may also bookmark this page by using ctrl+d key from their keypad to make use of this NDA Exam Syllabus PDF in future period.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|NDA Application Form||NDA Eligibility Criteria|
|UPSC Study Material||UPSC Interview Questions and Answers|
|NDA Coaching Centers||NDA Exam Preparation Books|
|NDA Exam Centers||UPSC Notification|