Latest updated NDA Syllabus is available here!!! Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct the National Defence Academy and naval Academy examination with the purpose to recruit most eligible candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force. Those who have ambition to enhance their career in defence sector have to qualify the exam. For this, one must need for UPSC NDA & naval Academy syllabus and NDA/NA (I/II) exam Pattern PDF to know about the topics prepare in Maths, English and Geography. Applicants must check NDA Syllabus 2018 through below structured page.
Content Of This Page Includes:
NDA Exam Syllabus
National Defence Academy Exam pattern
Books for NDA Exam
Tips to Prepare for NDA NA Exam
Official link of UPSC NDA Syllabus
Thousands of applicants appears in this UPSC NDA I Exam & UPSC NDA 2 Exam and got selected on the basis of their skills. Aspirants, who want to grab the respective job opportunity this time must be, prepare themselves in a way, so that they can easily successfully qualify the NDA Examination. This may be possible if one practice according to the NDA Syllabus 2018. Candidates can check NDA Syllabus 2018 and other relevant details from below of this page, which is well specified by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com. Candidates please have a glance below at UPSC naval Academy exam syllabus.
If candidates give the full concentration on each and every topic, they get the confidence to attend the exam in the proper and correct way and they can qualify the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination with a good cut off marks.
The Written Exam consists of two objective type papers as following below:
- The first paper is of Mathematics (300 Marks)
- The second one is of General Ability (600 Marks)
- Exam will be organized in the duration of 2.5 hours.
- Candidates, who will qualify NDA NA Exam, will be called for SSB Test/ Interview, which will contain 900 marks.
||Number of Questions
|Paper I: Mathematics
|Paper II: English & General Ability
UPSC NDA Mathematics Syllabus:
Mathematics Section of NDA Syllabus consists the following topics:
||Statistics and Probability:
- Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams
- De Morgan laws
- Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation
- Representation of real numbers on a line
- Complex numbers – basic properties, modulus, argument and cube roots of unity
- Binary system of numbers
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa
- Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients
- Solution of linear in equations of two variables by graphs
- Permutation and Combination
- Binomial theorem and its application
- Logarithms and their applications.
- Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Graphical representation – Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon – examples
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean, Median and Mode
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Correlation and regression
- Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events
- Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events
- Definition of probability – classical and statistical – examples
- Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems
- Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems
- Random variable as function on a sample space
- Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution
|Matrices and Determinants:
- Types of matrices, operations on matrices
- Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors
- Vector product and cross product of two vectors
- Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems
||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations:
- Concept of a real valued function – domain, range and graph of a function
- Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions
- Notion of limit, Standard limits – examples
- Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions
- Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications
- Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function
- Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
- Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications
- Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples
- General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types – examples
- Application in problems of growth and decay
||Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions:
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications – Height and distance, properties of triangles
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Distance formula
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines
- Distance of a point from a line
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
- Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points
- Direction Cosines and direction ratios
- Equation of a plane and a line in various forms
- Angle between two lines and angle between two planes
- Equation of a sphere
UPSC NDA NA Exam pattern for paper 1:
|Matrices and Determination
|Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
|Statistics and Probability
Read Below Shared Links To Crack NDA Exam:
National Defence Academy General Ability Exam Syllabus
General Ability Section of NDA Syllabus contains two parts i.e. English and General Knowledge:
Part A – English
- Grammar and usage
- Comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English
Part B – General Knowledge
|Section A: Physics
- Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer.
- Motion of objects, Velocity and Acceleration, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Power and Energy.
- Effects of Heat, Measurement of temperature and heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat. Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments.
- Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye.
- Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet.
- Static and Current Electricity, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
- General Principles in the working of the following:
- Simple Pendulum, Simple Pulleys, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses.
|Section B: Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes. Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems ). Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbondioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon – different forms.
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
|Section C: General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living
- Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists
|Section D: History, Freedom Movement, etc.
- A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation
- Freedom Movement in India
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence. French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution.
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society.
- Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy.
- Socialism and Communism.
- Role of India in the present world.
|Section E: Geography
- The Earth, its shape and size. Latitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time. International Date Line.
- Movements of Earth and their effects.
- Origin of Earth.
- Rocks and their classification; Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes.
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Atmosphere and its composition; Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones; Humidity; Condensation and Precipitation; Types of Climate. Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
- Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India.
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
|Section F: Current Events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years
- Current important world events
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
Part A: National Defence Academy exam Syllabi for English
The question paper in English is designed to test the candidate’s understanding of the English language and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various broad topics, like
- Grammar and Application
- Comprehension and Cohesion
UPS NDA Paper Pattern II
|General Ability test
Marking scheme of NDA NA Examination:
- There will be negative marking for every incorrect answer.
- For each wrong answer 0.33 marks will be reduced as penalty
- If more than one answer for each question has been given by candidates then they have to bear same penalty.
- If any applicants have not attempt any question then no extra marks will be deducted
National Defence Academy Exam 2018
National Defence Academy is the joint service academy of Indian Armed Forces. In National Defence Academy applicants are selected by the Written Exam conducted by UPSC and Interview conducted by SSB. SSB Interview is conducted in some parts such as General Aptitude, Psychological Test and Group Testing Officer Test. These tests are divided in some more parts and interview is conducted in 5 days.
If you are 12th passed with science, you can apply for NDA Exam. Syllabus of the exam is not tuff but the questions asked in exam are tricky. So you need to prepare in depth to each subject for getting better marks in exam. Self motivated and hard working candidates can easily qualify this test. You may also prefer the books that are given below to start preparation for your exam.
NDA Preparation Books:
Must refer below provided best books for NDA Preparation to make preparation for the examination-
||Name of Author /Publication
|History Of Modern India (History)
|Indian Economy Performance and Policies (Economic Development – GS3)
|Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for Civil Services Main Examination ( Ethics – GS4)
|Indian Economy (Economy)
|Science and Technology in India (Science and Technology)
||Kalpana Rajaram : Spectrum
|Environmental Studies from Crisis to Cure 2nd Edition (Environmental Studies)
|Contemporay Essays (Essay Paper)
|India’s Foreign Policy (Foreign Policy – GS2)
|Oxford School Atlas (Geography)
|Indian Polity for Civil Services Examinations (Polity)
|Social Problems In India (Indian Society – GS1)
|History of Modern World (World History – GS1)
||Jain and Mathur
|Pax Indica (Foreign Policy – GS2)
Tips to Prepare for NDA NA Exam:
- The first step is to collect the study material like syllabus, Notes, NDA Previous Year Question Paper and books etc.
- For qualifying English paper, you English must be correct, which include your speaking skills as well as grammar.
- You must know the shortcuts of calculation and in mathematics to solve questions in few seconds.
- Also you must be healthy with good physique, so that you can serve to your nation.
- Make your General knowledge strong by reading newspaper and watching TV.
- You can take coaching and also prepare with the help of your friends and NDA Exam’s Guides.
- Read news paper daily to fluent you English as well increase you knowledge.
- Use best preparation books for NDA exam.
- Practice daily with online mock test.
- Practice hard to deduct week points.
- Solve NDA NA previous year papers as it will make you more efficient and also increase your speed.
Check Below Links To Prepare Subject Wise:
We the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com wishing you All the Best for your examination and hope that the above given NDA Syllabus 2018 will help you in your preparation. For more details related to Examination must navigate through official link.
Candidates may also bookmark this page by using ctrl+d key from their keypad to make use of this NDA Syllabus in future period.