Here is good news for OBC candidates who belongs to economically weaker family and can’t afford the expense of their study. State and Central Government of India is providing OBC scholarship schemes for Other Backward Class category students in India
OBC Scholarship 2018 includes National Fellowship, Central Sector Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship Scheme, Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme and ONGC Scholarship. Interested candidates may get the whole details related to these Scholarships from this page.
OBC category contains about 41% of the India’s population and is classifying as the socially and educationally deprived sections of the country. These category Aspirants can continue their higher studies through OBC Scholarship Scheme by submitting their online application form till the last date given below.
Organization is going to help the young and budding minds of the country who want to uplift their education. So willing applicants can attain more details regarding Scholarship Programme For O.B.C by scrolling down this page which is well furnished by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Objective for OBC Scholarship 2018:
The objective of this Scheme is to provide coaching of good quality for economically disadvantaged Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) category candidates to permit them to appear in competitive examinations and succeed in obtaining an appropriate job in Public/ Private Sector.
National level Government OBC Scholarships
|Name of the Scholarship||Total scholarships||Maximum|
Family Annual Income
|National Fellowship for OBC||300||Rs. 6 lacs|
|Post-Matric Scholarship to OBC for studies in India||More than 25 Lacs||Rs. 1 Lac|
|Pre-Matric scholarship to OBC for studies in India||More than 25 Lacs||Rs. 44,500|
|Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas||25||Rs. 3 Lacs|
State Level Government OBC Scholarships
|Name of the Scholarship||Maximum Gross Annual Income||Region Covered|
|Rs. 2 Lacs||Delhi|
– for students pursuing Technical education
|Rs. 2 Lacs||Delhi|
|Rs. 8 thousand||Delhi|
Other Non-Government OBC Scholarships
|Name of the Scholarship||Maximum Gross|
|ONGC Scholarship||Rs. 1000||All India|
Read Also: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
National Fellowship for the OBC Students:
- All the students are required to know that the National fellowship for the OBC Students is a merit-based fellowship cum scholarship scheme, conducted and awarded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India.
- Under National Fellowship Scheme, shortlisted post graduates students can persue their higher studies in M.Phil./Ph.D and post graduate degrees in Humanities, Social sciences and Engineering and technology.
- Want to know that how many fellowships are awarded to candidates. Around 300 fellowships are awarded every year to the meritorious performer shortlisted by the selection committee.
- Shortlisted applicants will be getting a monthly stipend up to Rs 25,000 and other allowances of Rs 5,000.
|National Fellowship for the OBC Students|
|Class/Age||Passed Post Graduate Students|
|Family Minimum Income||Less than Rs. 6 lacs|
|Total Scholarships Offered||300|
|Scholarship tenure||2 years|
|Maximum Allowance||Rs 25,000|
Check Here: List Of Scholarship In India
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for Study Abroad:
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has provided OBC scholarship for pursuing Masters and PhD level courses in the foreign country. The central sector scholarship scheme will cover all its expenses of around 15 lakh rupees per year or more on the basis of the country.
In a year total 25 scholarships are granted to the students who are below the age of 35 in Engineering, Agriculture Science, Management and Medicine as follows:
|Subject||Number of Scholarships|
Students will get financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies in any country, with the choice of masters as a syllabus of study, while the students who are enrolled in the PhD program will get financial assistance for 4 years. On the other hand, the award money will depend on the country which the candidates choose to study.
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students:
- Post Matric scholarship offered by the State Government of every state, yet, 100% financial support is approved by the central government.
- Post Matric scholarships are meant for the SC/ ST/ OBC/Minority sections of a particular state and it itself means that it is awarded to the meritorious student of a particular state those who have passed their class 12 and have scoring good marks and tougher financial conditions.
- Candidates, who have their annual family income less than Rs 1 Lac per annum and the allowances will be based on the course they pursue after class 12, are eligible for this OBC scholarship Scheme.
- The government has spent 729 Crores for the Post matric scholarship for the year of 2015 by providing financial aid to more than 25 Lac students in India.
You Can Also Check Details On: Post Matric Scholarship
Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students:
- State Government offer Pre Matric Scholarships with 50% financial assistance given by the central government and for Union Territory 100% support is given by the Central government.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship given to meritorious students of class 1 to 10 with financially weaker sections i.e. their family gross income is less than Rs 44,500
- Under this scheme students will get monthly stipend from Rs 250 to Rs 500 depending on their class.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme has above 25 Lac beneficiaries in the year 2015 with above Rs 79 Lac rupees disbursed directly to their accounts.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited are sponsored ONGC Scholarships for OBC and economically backward students, who have scored more than 60% marks in class 12 and pursue their first year of graduation and postgraduate, whose family Income is less than Rs 2 lakh.
Every year 1000 aspirants selected for scholarships are awarded Rs. 48,000 per annum therefore, in the accounts of applicants per month, 4000 rupees are distributed directly.
Applying candidates for OBC Scholarship Programme will be selected on the basis of marks in preceding class obtained by them and salary of parents / Guardian.
How to Apply For OBC Scholarship 2018?
- Those candidates who are interested and eligible should go to official site that is scholarships.gov.in
- After that you have to press on “appropriate tab related to scheme.
- Then Choose ‘Post-matric Scholarship for OBC’ or ‘Pre-matric Scholarship for OBC Students’ according to your choice Now
- Now the OBC Scholarship Notification will be shown on your screen, you need to read it completely.
- Select suitable link for filling OBC Scholarship online application form.
- Fill the application with complete and correct details.
- Upload the essential credentials and passport size photograph with it and hit on the “Submit” button.
To Apply For Scholarship: Must Read These Given Tips
Documents Required along with OBC Scholarship Application Form:
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship)
- One attested copy each of certificates/diploma/degree etc., in respect of all examination passed
- A certificate (in original) of Caste signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the parents/guardians.
- A receipt in acknowledgement of the scholarship in the previous year
The OBC Scholarship Scheme will be executed through the reputed coaching institutions/centres run by the:
- Central Government/State Governments/UT Administrations/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies under Central/ State Governments;
- Universities (both Central and State) including the Deemed Universities and Private Universities recognized by concerned authority; and
- Registered private institutions/ NGOs.
Do You Know: How To Apply For Education Loan
List of Institute empanelled under the Scheme ‘Free coaching for SC and OBC Students:
|Name of the Institutions||Centre Address & Number||Course|
Learning Pvt. Ltd.
|182, Chandas Tower, Hatigaon,|
Assam – 781006.
Contact No: 08828435393
|JEE, MBA Entrance|
|The Gurukul Practice|
|1st Floor, Near Durga Mandir,|
Maranpur, Bodhgaya Road,
District Gaya, Bihar – 823001
(Mind Tree Education Pvt. Ltd.)
|SCO No. 90-92, 2nd Floor,|
Sector – 8C, Madhya Marg,
Contact No: 0172-4611111
|MT Educare Ltd.||SCO 350-351-352, Ground Floor,|
Sector 34A, Chandigarh–160022.
Contact No: 09888590575
|Samkalp Jan Kalyan|
Shiksha Samiti, New Delhi
|Samkalp Bhawan, Jan Kalyan|
Sikhsha Samiti, Plot No. 15,
Sector IV, Institutional Area,
New Delhi – 110022
Laxmi Nagar, New Delhi
|Metis Eduventurs Private Ltd.,|
205, 2nd Floor, Roots Tower,
Laxmi Nagar District Centre,
Contact No: 09716332976
Educational Society, New Delhi
|301/A-37, 38, 39, 3rd Floor,|
Ansal Building, Commercial Complex,
Dr. Mukharjee Nagar,
New Delhi – 110009.
Contact No: 09811069629
|BSC Academy Pvt. Ltd.,|
|47/12, Radha Nikunj, Pusa Road,|
Near Rajendra Place Metro Station,
Delhi – 110060. Contact No:
|Bank PO, SSC|
|Dikshant Education Centre||303, Jaina House Extension,|
Dr. Mukherjee Nagar,
Delhi – 110009.
Contact No: 011-47082542
|Meridian Courses||B-13, Third Floor,|
Above HDFC ATM,
Contact No: 011-27652131,
|IES Academy Pvt. Ltd.||28-B/7, Jia Sarai, Near IIT Delhi,|
Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 110016.
Contact No: 011-26537570, 09810958290
Learning Pvt. Ltd.
|501, Manas Complex,|
Opposite Star Bazaar,
Satellite, Ahmedabad – 380015.
Contact No: 09714789555
|UPSC, MBA Entrance|
|MT Educare Ltd.||R.O. C/16, 17, 3rd Floor,|
Trident Mall, Near Race Course Circle,
Vadodara, Gujarat – 390007
Contact No: 09714990100
|Aryan Foundation||Taksh Complex -1, 1st Floor-A,|
Vasna Road, Vadodara – 390007.
Contact No: 08828435352
Services Pvt. Ltd.
|M-24, Old DLF Colony,|
Sector – 14,
Gurgoan – 122001.
Contact No: 09899483203
|Bandipora College of|
|Hospital Road, Near Faziam School,|
Ward No. 5, Bandipora,
Jammu & Kashmir- 193502.
Contact No: 01957-225546
|Aryan Foundation||Near Kottara Chowki, Bangra Kulur,|
Mangalore – 575013.
Contact No: 07760885338
|The Gurukul Practice Centre, Mumbai||A-102, Riddhi-Siddhi Apartment,|
Plot No. B-7,
Sector-20, Nerul West.
Above PNB Bank,
Contact No: 07666584292
|NEET, IIT JEE|
|Youth Step Forward Centre, Thoubal||Wangjing Bazar, P.O. Wangjing,|
Manipur – 795148.
Contact No: 09436663161
Learning Pvt. Ltd.
|SCO 136-141, Near ICICI Bank,|
Chotti Baradari, Patiala,
Punjab – 147001.
Contact No: 09702702666
|UPSC, MBA Entrance|
|MT Educare Ltd.||SCO 135, Above Coke Agency,|
Near Nabha Gate, Patiala,
Punjab – 147001.
Contact No: 09702709888
|Career Point, Jaipur||B-28, 10-B Scheme,|
Gopalpura Bypass, Jaipur,
Rajasthan – 302018.
Contact No: 09672977508
|Patanjali IAS||B.O. 31, Patanjali Bhawan,|
Satya Vihar Lalkothi,
Contact No: 0141-2741123
|MT Educare Ltd.||No.7, 1st Floor, Rosy Tower,|
Nungambakkam High Road,
Opp. ICAI Institute, Nagambakkam
Contact No: 09987567100
|PMT Physics College,|
Opposite Hotel Kapoor,
Lucknow – 226001.
Contact No: 0522-2616637
Contact Details For OBC Scholarship:
Welfare of Backward Classes
Shri B.L. Meena Joint Secretary
BC Division, Media, Coordination & Work relating to R&R of Narmada Project
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, 9th Floor, Jeevan Prakash Building, 25,
Kasturba Gandhi Marg New Delhi – 110001 (India).
Phone: 91-11-23753403 – Jeevan Prakash Bldg.,
Email – [email protected]
Check Here: Documents Required For Education Loan
Last date to apply for OBC Scholarship 2018: July 2018
Applicants can also acquire latest details about OBC Scholarship 2018 through our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com. After reading necessary information given in the advertisement if you have any type of query related to this page then writes in comment box. We will try to sort out your query as rapidly as we can.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Latest Current Affairs||Entrance Exams In India|
|UGC Approved Universities||Best Jobs In India|
|How To Survive First Year Of College||Why College Attendance is Important|