Rajasthan Public Service Commission releases the RAS Syllabus with the official notification. The RAS Exam Syllabus 2018 will assist the applicants with the information of all the areas that they will require while preparing for exam. The complete detailed Syllabus Of RAS 2018 has been given on this page. All applicants must know the detailed RAS New Syllabus for both Preliminary and mains examination to have a clear idea about what to learn and what to avoid while preparing for exam. So, through this page you can download the Rajasthan PSC RAS Syllabus and Exam Pattern for both Preliminary & Main Exam.
The RAS Syllabus 2018 will help the candidates to make a study schedule for examination in an structured manner. The Preliminary Exam of RPSC RAS consists of one paper on General Knowledge and General Science and mains exam will have four papers. Scroll down this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com and get the complete RAS 2018 Syllabus along with RAS Syllabus 2018 PDF.
RPSC RAS Pre Syllabus
RAS Pre Exam Syllabus for History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan:
- Major Landmarks in the History of Rajasthan, Major Dynasties, their Administrative and Revenue System
- Socio-Cultural Issues
- Freedom Movement, Political Awakening and Integration
- Salient features of Architecture – Forts and Monuments
- Arts, Paintings and Handicrafts
- Important Works of Rajasthani literature
- Local Dialects
- Fairs, Festivals, Folk Music and Folk Dances
- Rajasthani Culture, Traditions and Heritage
- Religious Movements, Saints & Lok Devtas of Rajasthan
- Important Tourist Places
- Leading Personalities of Rajasthan
RAS Pre Syllabus 2018 for Indian History:
- Salient features and Major Landmarks of Ancient and Medieval India
- Art, Culture, Literature and Architecture
- Major Dynasties, Their Administrative System. Socio-Economic Conditions, Prominent movements
- Modern Indian history (from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present) significant events, personalities and issues
- The Freedom Struggle & Indian National Movement- its various stages and important contributors and contributions from different parts of the Country
- Social and religious reform movements in the XIX and XX Century
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the Country
Get Here: RPSC Question Paper
RAS Pre Syllabus for Geography of World and India:
- Broad Physical Features
- Environmental and Ecological Issues
- Wildlife and Bio-Diversity
- International Waterways
- Major Industrial Regions
- Broad Physical Features and Major Physiography Divisions
- Agriculture and Agro-based Activities
- Minerals – Iron, Manganese, Coal, Oil & Gas, Atomic Minerals
- Major Industries and Industrial Development
- Transportation– major transport corridors
- Natural Resources
- Environmental Problems and Ecological Issues
Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance:
Constitutional Development & Indian Constitution:
- Government of India Acts: 1919 and 1935
- Constituent Assembly
- Nature of Indian Constitution –Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State, Fundamental Duties, Federal Structure, Constitutional Amendments, Emergency Provisions, Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) and Judicial Review.
Indian Political System and Governance:
- Nature of Indian State, Democracy in India, Reorganization of States, Coalition Governments, Political Parties, and National Integration
- Union and State Executive; Union and State Legislative, Judiciary
- President, Parliament, Supreme Court, Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor General, Planning Commission, National Development Council, Central Vigilance Commission (CVC), Central Information Commission , Lokpal, National Human Rights Commission (NHRC)
- Local Self Government & Panchayati Raj
Public Policy & Rights:
- National Public Policy as a Welfare State
- Various Legal Rights and Citizen Charter
Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan:
- Governor, Chief Minister, State Assembly, High Court, Rajasthan Public Service Commission, District Administration, State Human Rights Commission, Lokayukt, State Election Commission, State Information Commission
- Public Policy, Legal Rights and Citizen Charter
Get Here: RPSC Syllabus
RAS Pre Syllabus 2018 for Economic Concepts and Indian Economy:
- Basic Knowledge of Budgeting, Banking, Public Finance, National Income, Growth and Development
- Accounting – Concept, Tools and Uses in Administration
- Stock Exchange and Share Market
- Fiscal and Monetary Policies
- Subsidies, Public Distribution System
- Inflation – Concept, Impact and Control Mechanism
- 5 Year Plans – Objectives, Strategies and Achievements.
- Major Sectors of Economy- Agriculture, Industry, Service and Trade- Current Status, Issues & initiatives.
- Major Economic Problems and Government Initiatives. Economic Reforms and Liberalization.
- Macro overview of Economy.
- Major Agricultural, Industrial and Service Sector Issues.
- Growth, Development and Planning.
- Infrastructure & Resources Major Development Projects.
- Programs and Schemes- Government Welfare Schemes for SC/ST/Backward Class/Minorities/Disabled Persons, Destitute, Women, Children, Old Age People, Farmers & Laborers.
RAS Pre Exam Syllabus 2018 for Science & Technology:
- Basics of Everyday Science
- Electronics, Computers, Information and Communication Technology.
- Space Technology including Satellites.
- Defence Technology.
- Human body, Food and Nutrition, Health care.
- Environmental and Ecological Changes and its Impacts.
- Biodiversity, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering.
- Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry with special reference to Rajasthan.
- Development of Science and Technology in Rajasthan
Check Here: How to Prepare For Written Exam
RAS Exam Syllabus for Reasoning & Mental Ability:
- Statement and Assumptions, Statement and Argument, Statements and Conclusion, Courses of Action
- Analytical Reasoning
- Number series, Letter series, Odd man out, Coding-Decoding, Problems relating to Relations, Shapes and their sub sections
- Elementary knowledge of Mathematical and Statitical Analysis
- Number System, Order of Magnitude, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Data Analysis (Tables, Bar diagram, Line graph, Pie-chart)
- Major Current Events and Issues of State (Rajasthan), National and International Importance
- Persons and Places in recent news
- Games and Sports related Activities
RAS Main Exam Syllabus
Paper 1 – RAS Mains Syllabus for General Studies
- Arts, Culture
- Indian Constitution
- Ancient & Medieval Period
- Political System & Governance
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Indian History
- Modern Period
- Geography of World and India
- Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Geography of Rajasthan
- History of Modern World
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
Check Here: Latest Current Affairs
Paper 2- General Studies II
- Venn diagram, Physics
- Data Analysis, Mental Ability
- Averages, Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Work
- Problems on Numbers
- Probability, Biological Sciences
- Statements and Conclusion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Linear Regression and Correlation
- Relations, Forestry
- Logical Reasoning, Percentage
- Basic Numeracy
- Time, Speed & Distance etc
- Letter series, The Odd man out
- Analytical Reasoning
- Number series
- Number System
- LCM, Cube Root
- Area and Perimeter
- Sampling, Chemistry
- Environment, Horticulture
- Dairy and Animal Husbandry
- Statement and Assumptions
- Technological Concepts and Advancements etc
Paper 3- RPSC RAS Mains Syllabus for General Studies III
- Public Management, Governance Issues, Current Sensitive Issues
- Ethics and Human Interface, National Integrity and Security, Administrative Ethics
- Global Economic Issues and Trends General & Administrative Management, India and Global Perspective
- Aptitude and Foundational Value of Civil Services Pressure Groups and Organizational Development Current Affairs – National & International
- International Affair and Diplomatic Strategy, Strengthening of Moral values in Governance and Public Administration, Resources and Programmes for Development in Rajasthan
Get Here: GK Questions with Answers
Paper 4 – RAS Mains Syllabus 2018 for General English and General Hindi
- Tenses, Prepositions, Determiners
- Grammar, Change of Voice, Comprehensions
- Letter Writing Articles, Report Writing
- Compositions Precise Writing, Change of Narration
- Paragraph Writing, Phrasal Verbs & Idioms , Synonyms & Antonyms
- One word substitute, Translation of Sentences from Hindi to English
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern
RAS Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The Preliminary Examination will be of objective type and carry a maximum of 200 marks.
- The examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- It will act as a qualifying paper for Mains Examination.
General Knowledge and General Science
RAS Main Exam Pattern
- The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be 15 times the total approximate number of vacancies (category wise) to be filled in the year in the various Services and posts.
- The written examination will consist of the following four papers which will be descriptive / analytical.
- The Standard of the paper will be that of a Bachelor’s Degree Level.
- A candidate must take all the papers listed below which will also consist of question paper of brief, medium, long answer and descriptive type questions.
|Papers||Name of the Paper||Maximum Marks and No of Questions|
|Paper -1||General Studies – I||
|Paper-2||General Studies – II|
|Paper-3||General Studies – III||
|Paper-4||General English and General Hindi||
RAS Pre Syllabus PDF
|Syllabus Of RAS Pre 2018 English Version||RAS Syllabus 2018 PDF|
|RAS Syllabus 2018 In Hindi||RAS Syllabus 2018 In Hindi PDF|
RAS Main Syllabus PDF
|RAS Main 2018 Syllabus in English||RAS Syllabus 2018 PDF|
|RAS Main 2018 Syllabus in Hindi||RAS Pre Syllabus In Hindi PDF|
Benefits of RAS Syllabus 2018
Applicants can check the benefits offered by the syllabus of Syllabus Of RAS as given below.
- The RAS 2018 Syllabus will detail all the important topics for Prelims and Mains exam.
- Applicants will be able to categorize the content of study on the basis of their importance with the help of RPSC RAS syllabus.
- Applicants will be able to strategist their preparation schedule with the detailed knowledge of RPSC RAS Syllabus 2018.
- Applicants will also be able to solve the problems asked in exam with a boost of confidence as they will have enhanced preparation for the exam.
Check Here: How to Write On Exam Paper Faster & Better
RAS Exam Study Material
|History of India||
|History of Rajasthan||
|Geography of Rajasthan||
|Geography of India||
Political Science and Administrative System of Rajasthan
|Economy of Rajasthan||
|Economy of India||
|General Science & Technology||
|Current Affairs/Current GK||
|Maths, Mental Ability & Reasoning||
|Rajasthan General Knowledge||
|Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan||
|Indian Constitution, Political System & Governance||
Get Monthly E-Magazine Final Words: Pratiyogita Darpan Online
To download the RAS Syllabus 2018, candidates must hit the Official Link. Visitors can join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get daily updates regarding the RPSC RAS 2018 Syllabus on your timeline. You may also subscribe our free mail section to get latest info regarding RAS Exam 2018 Syllabus and RAS Syllabus New Pattern in your inbox. You can also bookmark our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing Ctrl+D option.
You may also like to check this Section:
|RPSC RAS Admit Card||RPSC Recruitment|
|Rajasthan Current Affairs||RPSC Answer Key|
|How To Reduce Negative Marking In Exam||Free Online Test Series|