Scholarship in India
To provide some financial help to students in their further studies, state and central government are going to release numerous number of Scholarship in India this year.
Scholarship schemes will be released for those students who want to do undergraduate/ postgraduate fellowship programmes. Those individuals who are interested in any scholarship scheme can apply against it and fill the application form.
Benefit of Scholarship:
Every year separate schemes for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minorities/ Sports Quota/ Students with Disabilities and some special courses scholarships are being released. Because of them, many students are able to complete their studies.
More details about Scholarship in India 2018 are available below by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com, along with this applying procedure is also mentioned for the convenience of students.
Scholarship in India
Central Level Scholarships in India:
- ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme for North Eastern Region
- Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS
- Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
Read Also: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
State Level Scholarships in India:
- Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For OBC Students-Bihar
- Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For ST Students-Bihar
- Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) For SC Students-Bihar
- Pre-Matric Disability Scholarship (State/ Central Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (State/ Central Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (State/ Central Sector)-Uttarakhand
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (State Sector 50% and Central Sector 50%)-Uttarakhand
- Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students-Uttarakhand
- Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students-Uttarakhand
- Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students-Uttarakhand
AICTE Scholarship Schemes:
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Degree) for Technical Education
- Pragati Scholarship Scheme for Girls (Diploma) for Technical Education
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differenly Abled Students (Degree) for Technical Education
- Saksham Scholarship Scheme for Differenly Abled Students (Diploma) for Technical Education
Get Best Answer: How Do I Get College Scholarship
UGC Scholarship Schemes:
- Free education for sports medal winners
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- PG Scholarship University Rank Holders
- PG scholarship for SC/ST Students for Pursuing Professional courses
- PG Scholarship for GATE/GPAT qualified students for pursuing ME/M.Tech/M.Pharm
UGC Schemes- Department for Higher Education:
- Fellowship Schemes of AICTE
- Fellowship Schemes of UGC
- Kothari PDF in Sciences
- NET JRF
- Post-Doctoral – Fellowship for Women
- BSR Doctoral – Fellowship in Sciences
National Scheme of Incentive to Girls for Secondary Education (NSIGSE):
- The main aim of this scheme is recognizing and promoting quality education among SC aspirants. This scheme is provided to the aspirants who are going to pursue their studies after 12th.
- All the institutes who are notified by the ministry of social justice and empowerment will operate this scheme. This is the Scholarship in India for undergraduate
Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities:
Three scholarship Schemes (Pre-matric, Post-matric and Scholarship for Top Class Education) has been implemented by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities with a view to give educational opportunities to students with disabilities.
Pre Matric/ Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities:
- This Scholarship in India is offered to the candidates who belong to notified minority communities that are Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian).
- Only those candidates are eligible who are studying in India only and fulfilling the Scheme guidelines. This scheme is offered by central government to the candidates who want to carry forward their studies.
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of SC/ ST Students – Scholarship:
- This scheme is available for the SC/ST students to acquire the higher education in the form of fellowships to pursue
- Phil and Ph. D. Courses, with a view to create a pool among them qualified to hold posts of teachers /professionals and other higher stages of employment
- Graduate and Post Graduate studies with scholarship in Top Class Institutions of National repute
- Every year around 1000 fresh fellowships is provided to the aspirants. At present, Ministry has implemented two Central Sector Scholarship schemes of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) and Top Class Education for ST Students.
Types of Scholarship in India
There are so many type of scholarship in India which is offered by private and public institutes for undergraduate, engineering, Graduation, agriculture, UGC, BD etc. We have provided detailed information about the type of scholarship.
- Scholarship in India for engineering/ postgraduate/ PhD/ Art and other courses is suggested by individual colleges and universities for highly qualified candidates.
- These scholarships are offered to only those candidates who possess good academic records, usually result in either a complete charges of college, or for a reduced rate of tuition.
- Scholarship in India on merit based are given to candidates on the basis of their academic, artistic, athletic or other abilities, and often factor in an applicant’s extracurricular activities and community service record.
- The most general merit-based scholarships, awarded by either private associations or straightly by a student’s planned college. These scholarships are compensated directly to the institution, rather than given directly to the student
These types of scholarships for those contenders who are selected based upon gender, race, religion, family and medical history, or many other student-specific factors. Minority scholarships are the most common awards in this category.
Do You Know: Procedure To Apply For Education Loan In Any Bank
- This scholarship is awarded to students who have outstanding skill in sports, so that the student will be present at the college and play the sport on a college team.
- Some think that considering scholarship money for athletic rather than academic or intellectual purpose is not in society’s or colleges’ best concern.
- These are scholarships which are awarded to students who plan to pursue a specific field of study by a college or university.
- Many schools in the United States give future nurses complete scholarships to come into the field, particularly if the student intends to work in a high-need society.
Procedure to apply for Scholarship in India 2018:
Students are advised to follow below stated simple steps in order to fill Scholarship application form:
- First of all you need to visit the official site of National Scholarship Portal that is scholarships.gov.in
- On the home page you have to select the scheme for you want to apply for
- After hitting the appropriate link, A PDF file will appear and you have to go through it carefully.
- After reading the notification carefully, you need to hit on “Apply” tab
- A new page will appear on your digital screen and enter your credentials
- Then hit the “Login” button
- Application form will appear on your screen and you have to fill the all the required details
- At last you are required to hit on “Submit” button and also take print of the same for future use.
Required Documents At The Time Of Filling Up The Application Form:
Below are the lists of all the mandatory documents which are required at the time of filling up the application form. Must have a glance!!!
- Student Photo
- Institution Verification Form
- Self declaration of Income Certificate by the student
- Self declaration of community by the student
- In case of Fresh: Self Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form
- In case of Renewal: Self-Attested Certificate of Previous Year Marksheet as filled in the Form
- Fee Receipt of current course year
- Proof of Bank Account in the name of student
- Aadhaar Card
- Residential Certificate
The government organizes these scholarships for especially those students who are belonging to weak financial background. It is a great initiative as around thousands of students get some financial help every year.
Students if you are interested in any scholarship scheme then hit on that link and get the essential details about it. The applying procedure is given for your convenience, follow the process and submit the application form till the last date.
If you find the above information Scholarship in India 2018 helpful then you can bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl.+D. Clear your doubts (if any) by write it in the comment box which is mentioned by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com