With the intention to help financially week students, Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs provides SPDC Scholarship. The main motive of Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children is to give financially support to candidates.
With the help of this scholarship amount students can peruse their Higher/Technical Education UG/Professional Courses in streams like Engineering, Architecture, Technology, Humanities, Liberal Arts, and Commerce etc.
Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children
Candidates, who find themselves eligible for Scholarship Programme For Diaspora Children [SPDC], can submit their application forms on or before the closing date that is mentioned below. Submitted applications are evaluated and shortlist by selection committee.
Applicants may get further details and applying steps for SPDC Scholarship 2018, from the below ward of this page, which is well equipped by the team of project www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs started this scheme for Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) with the aim to make higher education in India accessible to children of overseas Indians and promote India as a centre for higher education.
Candidates, who want to apply against this notification, must have passed Senior Secondary (12th) or equivalent exam with minimum 60% marks from recognized board with good academic records.
Read Also: 7 Reasons Why Scholarships Are Essential
Applicant must have the citizenship of India.
- Age of applying candidates should not be below 17 years and not exceeding 21 years.
- Those aspirants, who are availing scholarship/financial assistance/any other assistance under any other Scheme sponsored and/or funded by State Government / Central Government of India will not eligible for assistance under SPDC.
Selected candidates awarded SPDC Scholarship 75% of Institutional Economic Cost (IEC) or US $ 4,000, per annum, whichever is less. IEC includes Hostel fee, Tuition fee and other institutional charges (Food charges are excluded).
Also Check: Latest Scholarships Opportunities In India
The monthly income of NRI candidates should not be exceeding US $ 2,250. If candidate’s monthly income is more than the prescribed amount then he/she will not be eligible to get the advantage of SPDC.
Mode of Selection:
Selection of contenders will be done on the basis of merit list. A Merit List would be drawn up on the basis of marks obtained by all eligible candidates in qualifying exam.
Needed Documents For Applying Fellowship:
Here below we have stated the list of documents required for applying of scholarship:
- Present Address of Students.
- Caste Certificate (If any)
- Aadhar Card
- Certificate of Parents Income
- Mark sheet’s copy of the last Exam Passed
- Passport size photograph
- Sikkim Subject OR Certificate of Identification
- First Page of Bank Pass Book
- Current Fees Receipt
- Print out of the Filled Form
Best Ways to Snag a College Scholarship, To Know: Hit Here
Procedure to Apply for SPDC Scholarship Application Form:
Interested candidates who fulfill all conditions, mentioned above are only eligible to apply for SPDC Scholarship.
- Eligible candidates are required to visit on official web portal that is spdcindia.gov.in
- On the home page you can see some links of login and registration.
- So if you are registered candidate then you must hit on “Login” link.
- You have to fill the application form in correct manner and upload the needed documents and hit on “Submit” button.
- At last you must take a print out of filled application form for future use.
- If you are new user then press on “Register” link.
- Fill the registration form in correct manner.
- After registration you have “Login ID & password”
- You must login to your account by using “Login ID & password”
- Fill the application form and upload the necessary documents and press “Submit” tab.
- Take a hard copy of filled application form for future use.
Last date to apply for SPDC Scholarship: February 2018
We will update this page with all latest details regarding this SPDC Scholarship2018 stay connected with our web portal i.e www.recruitmentinboxx.com. Candidates, who are interested and want to apply against this notification, need to stay tuned with us through this page, to get updates related to SPDC Scholarship.
You can also bookmark this page, using control+D, to get information regarding same. Candidates, you may join us on facebook and Google plus, for obtaining information directly on your timeline.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Documents Required For Education Loan||Entrance Exams In India|
|UGC Approved Universities||How To Apply For Education Loan|
|How To Survive First Year Of College||Why College Attendance is Important|