SSC CGL Syllabus
In order to score well in SSC CGL (Tier 1/2/3/4) exam, all candidates should be aware about topic wise Latest SSC CGL Syllabus and exam pattern. It is important to know structure of the exam and SSC CGL Syllabus 2018 PDF that needs to be prepared in and out.
Applicants, who’re going to appear in SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam which will be held in November 2018, they can start their preparation through SSC CGL Exam Syllabus. Candidates can also download modified SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus from this page.
Check Here Updated Information About Topic-Wise Latest SSC CGL Syllabus:
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2018 contains topics of Quantitative Ability, English Language, Statistics and General Studies. If you wish to strong your preparation, then you can also take help from SSC CGL Books / SSC CGL Mock Test.
Therefore, candidates are advised to check the SSC CGL Syllabus 2018-19 carefully and start preparation accordingly. To download further details regarding SSC CGL Exam Pattern and Syllabus Of SSC CGL, you are advised to go through this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
SSC CGL Syllabus 2018
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
The Syllabus for SSC CGL plays a vital role to clear the examination effectively and efficiently. So, go through it, download updated syllabus and also check How To Crack SSC CGL Exam.
SSC CGL Reasoning Syllabus
It would include questions of both Verbal and Non-Verbal type.
This component may include questions on –
- Similarities and differences
- Space visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetical reasoning and figural classification
- Arithmetic number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning etc.
The topics are:
- Semantic Analogy
- Symbolic/ Number Analogy
- Figural Analogy
- Semantic Classification
- Symbolic/ Number Classification
- Figural Classification
- Semantic Series
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Word Building
- Coding & decoding
- Numerical Operations
- Symbolic Operations
- Space Orientation
- Space Visualization
- Venn Diagrams
- Drawing inferences
- Punched hole/ pattern- folding & un-folding
- Figural Pattern- folding and completion
- Address matching
- Date & city matching
- Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers
- Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding
- Decoding and classification,
- Embedded Figures
- Critical thinking
- Emotional Intelligence
- Social Intelligence
- Other sub-topics, if any.
Read Also: How to Prepare Reasoning for Exams
SSC CGL Syllabus Tier 1 (General Awareness)
- Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
Check Here: SSC General Awareness Question & Answers
SSC CGL Maths Syllabus
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate.
The scope of the test will be-
- Computation of whole numbers
- Fractions and relationships between numbers
- Ratio & Proportion
- Square roots
- Profit and Loss
- Partnership Business
- Mixture and Alligation
- Time and distance
- Time & Work
- Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary surds,
- Graphs of Linear Equations,
- Triangle and its various kinds of centres
- Congruence and similarity of triangles
- Circle and its chords
- Angles subtended by chords of a circle
- Common tangents to two or more circles
- Regular Polygons
- Right Prism
- Right Circular Cone
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Rectangular Parallelepiped
- Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base
- Trigonometric ratio
- Degree and Radian Measures
- Standard Identities
- Complementary angles
- Heights and Distances,
- Frequency polygon
- Bar diagram & Pie chart
SSC CGL English Syllabus
Candidates’ ability to understand correct English, his/ her basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
The questions in Parts A, B, & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part-C will be of 10th standard level.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- Time duration for Tier-I exam is 75 minutes (Total) For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy is 100 minutes.
- For Tier-1 Examination, Negative marking is increased from 0.25 to 0.50 marks.
|Subjects Involved||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus 2018
SSC CGL Syllabus (Quantitative Aptitude)
- Ratio and Proportion
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Number System
- Data Interpretation
- Time and Work
- Data Sufficiency
SSC CGL Mains Syllabus (English Language)
|Fill in the Blanks|
|Phrases and Idioms|
|One Word Substitution|
Do You Know: How To Prepare English For SSC CGL
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus for Statistics
- Collection and Representation of Data
- Measure of Dispersion
- Measure of Central Tendency
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
- Correlation and Regression
- Random Variables
- Random Variables
- Sampling Theory
- Analysis and Variance
- Time Series Analysis
- Index Number
SSC CGL Syllabus (Finance & Economics)
|Finance and Accounting|
|Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Error Spotting and Correction|
|Economics and Governance|
|Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Theory of Demand and Supply|
Read Now: SSC CGL Previous Papers
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
SSC CGL Tier II Exam will be of Computer based Exam.For this, time duration is 2 Hours for VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy is 2 Hours 40 Minutes.
|Subjects Involved||Max Ques.||Max Marks|
|Paper I – Quantitative Ability (for ALL POSTS)||100||200|
|Paper II – English Language (for ALL POSTS)||200||200|
|Paper III – Statistics (for Statistical Investigator Gr II & Compiler POSTS ONLY)||100||200|
|Paper IV – General Studies (Finance & Economics) (for Asst Audit Officer Gazetted Group “B” POST ONLY)||100||200|
SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus
SSC CGL Tier-III exam will be of Descriptive [Pen & Paper Based] Exam. This Paper comprises of Essay Writing and Application / Letter writing, for this Exam Pattern and SSC CGL Syllabus Pdf Free Download is provided below.
Through updated SSC CGL AAO Syllabus, you can easily get prepare study plan easily and give proper time to each and every topic. Download now, latest SSC Combined Graduate Level Syllabus from this page.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern
|Subjects||Time Duration||Max Marks|
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi|
(Writing of Essay, Precis, Letter, Application etc.)
|60 Minutes For VH & Candidates|
suffering from Cerebral
Palsy: 80 Minutes
Must Read: How To Prepare For SSC CGL
SSC CGL Syllabus Tier 4
Applicants, who’ll qualify in all level of Staff Selection Commission Recruitment Exam, are only eligible to appear in SSC CGL Tier IV Exam. Tier-IV exam will be of Data Entry Skills Test / Computer Proficiency Test.
This paper (Pen & Paper Based) is Qualifying in Nature only which comprises of below provided Pattern. So, go through it and also download Syllabus for SSC CGL 2018 and SSC CGL 2018 syllabus pdf.
Know Here, How to: Start Preparation For SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Pattern
- Computer Proficiency Test (for Asst. Section Officer in CSS POST ONLY) OR
- Data Entry Skill Test at Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour (for Tax Assistant Post Only).
Check Important Dates Here:
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Date: November 2018
SSC CGL Physical Standard Test/ Physical Efficiency Test Pattern
Physical Standard for Male Candidates
- Height – 170 cm.
- Chest – 81 (Unexpanded), 85 (Expanded)
- Race – 5 km in 24 minutes.
- Long Jump – 14 feet (In three chances)
- High Jump – 3’9’’ (In three chances)
Physical Standards for Female Candidates
- Height – 157 cm.
- Chest – There is no chest measurement for female candidates.
- Race – 1600 meters in 8.30 minutes.
- Long Jump – 10 feet (In three chances)
- High Jump – 3’ (In three chances)
You Can Also Check: SSC CGL Important Dates
- Visually Handicapped/ Cerebral Palsy candidates will get compensatory time of 40 minutes for completion of the exam.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- Answer Keys will be placed on official website after examination. Any representation regarding answer key received within 7 days of uploading of the answer key will be scrutinized and the decision of the organization in this regard will be final.
- Applicants, who’re going to appear in CGL Exam, they can start their preparation through updated Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Syllabus.
Read Here: SSC CGL Preparation Tips
Above provided SSC CGL Syllabus 2018-2019 has been released by staff selection commission. You’re advised to begin your preparation through SSC CGL exam syllabus and got selected for Group-B and other posts in various department of Govt of India.
Applicants may also subscribe our free e-mail section to download latest updates about Staff Selection Commission CGL Syllabus directly into your mailbox. Bookmark our web portal i.e. www.recruitmentinboxx.com and get instant updates about Syllabus of SSC CGL 2018. Wish You A Very Best Of Luck for Your Exam….
You May Also Like To Check This Section