UGC NET Exam Eligibility Criteria
Those contenders who are interested in UGC National Eligibility Test should know the complete UGC NET Eligibility Criteria. There are some changes done by Central Board of Secondary Education.
You will get the new qualifying criteria and information about age limitation and no. of attempts on this web page. Only those students who match the CBSE UGC NET eligibility criteria can apply for National Eligibility Test.
Important Note for Eligible Aspirants:
After that, aspirants need to fill and submit the application form through proper channel. Those individuals who will able to crack this test will qualify for the post of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor.
To grab further information about UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2018 students are required to look at below section which is well prepared by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
UGC NET Qualification Criteria:
- Contenders must have done post graduation degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent examination from any recognized university by UGC in Humanities and Social Science etc. can apply for this exam.
- Those applicants who are waiting for their final results are eligible to attend UGC National Eligibility Test.
- Candidates who are going to be appear at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination OR students whose qualifying examinations have been delayed, are also eligible.
Also Check: List of UGC Approved University
Reservation in Qualification Criteria:
- OBC Students those who are belonging to non-creamy layer and SC/ ST/ PWD students who had obtained minimum 50% marks in Master’s Degree can apply.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose post graduation degree had been completed by 19th September, 1991) will be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
UGC NET Age Criteria:
- The maximum age required of the students is fixed to 28 years as on 01-07-2018.
- Individuals who match this age criteria can apply for NET Junior Research Fellowship exam.
- No maximum age limit for applying for NET Assistant Professor Exam.
You Can Also Check: List of Fake Universities in India
Reservation in Age Criteria:
- Relaxation of 5 years will be given to OBC (non-creamy layer)/ SC/ ST/ PWD/ Women students.
- LLM degree holders, would be admissible from 3 years relaxation
- Applicants with research experience, limited to the time interval spent on research in the related subject of post graduation degree, subject to a max. of 5 years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority can get age relaxation.
No. of Attempts for UGC NET:
No limit on attempts for this exam. Students can take part in University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test unlimited times.
Those applicants who want to know more about UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2018 can follow us on Twitter and Google plus. If you want to ask something then you may write to us in the comment box which is given by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
For time to time updates on UGC National Eligibility Criteria you can bookmark this page by pressing Ctrl.+D.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UGC NET Result||UGC NET Syllabus|
|UGC NET Coaching Centre||UGC NET Admit Card|
|UGC NET Exam Pattern||UGC NET Sample Papers|
|UGC NET Bank Challan Form||UGC NET Application Form|