UGC NET Exam Eligibility Criteria
Changes in CBSE UGC NET Exam Eligibility Criteria !!! Get Updated Details about UGC NET Exam Eligibility Criteria 2017 before participating in NET-JRF Exam Now. Only those, who match with the National Eligibility Test Eligibility Condition, may apply for CBSE UGC NET 2017. This exam is conducted to check the eligibility of appliers for post of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship. You may read below given details to get complete information about UGC NET Eligibility.
University Grants Commission organizes National Eligibility Test every year. Through this test qualified candidates can apply for post of JRF and Assistant Professor in India national colleges and universities. We the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com is providing complete NET JRF Eligibility criteria and NET Assistant Professor Eligibility details below, so must have a look…
UGC NET Exam Eligibility Criteria
UGC NET Qualification Criteria:
- The candidate must be an Indian national.
- Applicants, who have possessed with Post Graduate Degree with at least 55% marks OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in Humanities and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc., are eligible for this Test.
- OBC belonging to non-creamy layer/ SC/ ST/ Persons with disability (PWD) category candidates, who have secured at least 50% marks in Post Graduation or equivalent examination, are eligible for this Test.
- Applicants, who have appeared and whose result is still awaited, may also apply for this Test.
- Applicants, who will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed, may also apply for this Test.
- However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Assistant Professor eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least minimum qualifying marks.
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
Also Check: List of UGC Approved University
UGC NET Age Limit:
- Upper age limit is 28 years as on 01.07.2017 for applying NET Junior Research Fellowship exam.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
UGC NET Age Relaxation:
- Upper age limit may be relaxed up to 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC (As per GOI central list), Physically handicapped/Visually handicapped and female applicants.
- Candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the related subject of master’s degree, subject to a maximum of five years, on production of a certificate from appropriate authority can get age relaxation.
- Those, who are having LLM degree, would be admissible from 3 years relaxation and entire age relaxation must not exceed 05 years under any situation.
Must Read: How to Prepare for UGC NET Exam
UGC NET Maximum Attempts:
There is no limit of attempts for this exam. Applicants can take participate in this exam as many times.
You may get other details regarding UGC NET Exam Eligibility Criteria 2017 from this Official Link. Candidates need to keep touch with us i.e. www.recruitmentinboxx.com for latest updates about exams, jobs and results etc.
Applicants may join us on Facebook and Google Plus to get latest information time to time. Aspirants can also join our freemail service to get latest information in your inbox. If you have any kind of query, you may ask in comment box that is stated below. We will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UGC NET Result||UGC NET Syllabus|
|UGC NET Coaching Centre||UGC NET Admit Card|
|UGC NET Exam Pattern||UGC NET Sample Papers|
|UGC NET Bank Challan Form||UGC NET Application Form|