Recently, Arun Jaitley the Finance Minister has prepared the Union Budget 2017-2018 in Lok Sabha by under the Narendra Modi-led NDA government. In the beginning of each year, budget is prepared by analysing each sector and taking it to the path of growth and development. Peoples can check the live updates of budget news and also check the Union budget highlights through this single page. Jaitley has presented this Indian Union Budget for the welfare of women and children and this will be increased to Rs 1,84,632 cr. Every citizen of India can check and avail all the Latest Union Budget details.
FM minister, Arun Jaitley has announced demonetization move by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8/11/2016 will not have a lasting impact on the economy. This is a joint budget which including the Railway Budget and aim to spend more in rural areas and alleviate poverty. In today’s budget you will get to know about tax breaks, incentivized digital payments, and housing concessions, service tax rate which will be equal to 16-18%. You can avail all the Current Union Budget updates by going through the web page which is well represented by our team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Want To Know Union BUDGET 2017?
Budget is well identified by the name- Annual Financial Statement as it includes all the statement of expenditure and receipts. Today on 1/02/2017, Arun Jaitley the Finance Minister of India has presented fourth Annual Indian Budget in Parliament under various ministers and also the Narendra Modi (Prime Minister of India) at the Lok Sabha. This budget has a great effect on the upcoming year 2017-2018 as you will know the difference and the rates closer to proposed tax slabs for Goods and Service Tax (GST). Every citizen can get the updated and live news by rolling down this page.
Highlights from Union Budget 2017-18:
- FIPB to be abolished
- A new trade export infrastructure scheme announced a new FDI policy is under consideration
- Expert panel to help integrate spot and derivable markets
- Listing for CPSE will increase accountability
- 10,000 cr. provided for recapitilisation of banks
- PM Mudra Yojsana – double lending target from 2016’17- now it is 2.44 lakh crores. priority for Dalit, minority and women
- Government is considering to bring in a law to confiscate assets of economic offenders who flee the country
- Law soon to attach assets of abconders
- The total expenditure of the budget is 21,47,000 crores
- Head Post Office to act as front offices for Passport services
- Defence expenditure excluding pension at Rs 2.74 lakh crore
- National Testing Agency to be established to conduct all entrance exams for higher education
- Aadhar enabled payment system to be launched soon
Check Live Updates of Union Budget:
2.00 pm: A controversial Budget 2017 which is clueless, useless, baseless, missionless and actionless. Tax payers still have restrictions on withdrawals. Remove all restrictions immediately. And where are the figures for demonetisation? Misleading. Full of jugglery of numbers and hollow words which mean nothing, says Mamata Banerjee.
1.37 pm: The Finance Minister has presented an ‘Uttam’ Budget, devoted to strengthening the hands of the poor, says PM Modi, adding that it is an important link between all the steps taken in the last two and a half years and the development that will follow in the future.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also said that the merger of the Railway Budget with the general budget will give an impetus to the transport sector’s growth. “aim of the Government is to double the income of farmers.”
1.33 pm: Consider it a mixed budget. Industry hoped for a lot more for promotion of investment but I think Finance Minister did whatever was possible: DS Rawat,General Secretary ASSOCHAM
1.30 pm: It’s a historic and important budget which will have a long term impact: Nitin Gadkari
1.25 pm: What is the need to present the Budget every year? Were all announcements of last year’s budget fulfilled?: Uddhav Thackeray,Shiv Sena
1.24 pm: Former #RBI governor C Rangarajan describes #Budget2017 as ‘a fairly routine’ Budget
1.23 pm: Path breaking budget, a new era has begun, says Railways Minister Suresh Prabhu
1.22 pm: The budget numbers dont seem to add up, as there is huge expansion on Govt spending on schemes. The budget is rhetorical, but in actually creating jobs there is precious little. Railways got a cursory mention: Manish Tewari, Congress
1.21 pm: Reducing cash limit for political funding from Rs 20K to Rs 2K is meaningless. Because there is no limit in number of persons, says Yogendra Yadav of Swarajaya Abhiyan
1.20 pm: Rail safety record of this govt very bad. Did FM say anything? Prime Minister had spoken about bullet train. Has it come? Rahul Gandhi
1.19 pm: Stock gains widen; Sensex climbs over 347 points, regains 28,000-mark, Nifty surges 92 pts on Budget proposals.
1.17 pm: MSMEs would be encouraged to come into the formal sector with #Budget2017 announcement, says Pankaj Patel, President, FICCI
1.15 pm: Devendra Fadnavis – Job intensive housing sector gets a boost and will provide houses for poor and middle class, generating more employment. The pathbreaking income tax reforms and slashing slab from 10% to 5% will encourage tax compliance.
1.10 pm: Govt wanted to make an impact with budget before polls. But there was no impact. Should have announced something big for farmers. Expected fireworks (post demonetisation) but turned out to be nothing. Didn’t specify where the jobs would come from. Sher o shayari ka budget hai, kisaano ke liye kuch nahi kia,yuvaon ke liye kuch nahi kiya: Rahul Gandhi
12.55 pm: Arun Jaitley introduces Finance Bill in Lok Sabha. House stands adjourned. Thank you for following our live blog. Get all our Budget analysis copies on IndianExpress.com
12.55 pm: Arun Jaitley concludes his budget presentation
12.52 pm: One page tax filing form for taxable income under Rs 5 lakh
12.51 pm: Those individuals in the tax bracket of Rs 50 lakh will stand to benefit from a tax rebate of Rs 12,500.
12.50 pm: Jaitley reduces existing rate of taxation for individuals with income between 2.5 lakh to 5 lakh to 5% instead of 10%; Surcharge of 10% for those whose annual income is Rs 50 lakh to 1 crore; Surcharge on Rs 1 crore or more remains unchanged.
12.47 pm: Govt considering option to amend Negotiable Instruments Act to ensure that holders of dishonoured cheques get payment
12.45 pm: What do the markets look like right now? BSE Sensex at 27,656.70; Nifty at 8,548.85
12.44 pm: Political funding reforms:
Max amount political party can receive in cash donation will be Rs 2000 from any one source
Political parties will be entitled to recieve donations by cheque or digital mode.
Look Opinion Poll: UP Assembly Election 2017
As an additional step, an amendment is being proposed to the Reserve Bank of India Act to enable the issuance of electoral bonds in accordance with a scheme that the Government of India would frame in this regard. Under this scheme, a donor could purchase bonds from authorised banks against cheque and digital payments only. They shall be redeemable only in the designated account of a
registered political party. These bonds will be redeemable within the prescribed time limit from issuance of bond.
12.42 pm: A proposal to receive all government receipts beyond a certain threshold through e-modes under consideration
12.41 pm: No cash transcations above Rs 3 lakh, announces Arun Jaitley
12.40 pm: We are committed to make our taxation rate reasonable, our tax administration more fair and expand the tax base of the country
12.39 pm: Basic customs duty on LNG to be reduced from 5% to 2.5%, announces Arun Jaitley
12.37 pm: Tax rate for companies with an annual turnover up to 50 crores to be reduced to 25%, to strengthen MSME sector
12.36 pm: The net tax revenue grew by 17% in 2015-16, says Jaitley
12.34 pm: Deposits between Rs 2-80 lakh made in 1.09 cr accounts post demonetisation, says Jaitley
12.33 pm: Of 76 lakh individuals who reported income of over Rs 5 lakh, 56 lakh are salaried, says Jaitley
12.30 pm: Due to demonetisation advance tax on personal income tax increased by 34.8%
12.30 pm: The rate of growth in advance tax in personal income tax domains has increased by 34.81%
12.29 pm: Coastal roads of 2,000 kms to accelerate development of Coastal Economic Zones
12.28 pm: 3.7 crore individuals filed tax returns, 99 lakh of them below taxable limit. Number of people with more than 50 lakh income is 1.26 lakh, says Jaitley
12.26 pm: Predominance of cash in our economy makes it easy for people to avoid taxes, we are largely a tax non compliance society, when too many people evade taxes burden falls on those who are honest, says Arun Jaitley.
12.23 pm: Total resources being transferred to the states & union territories with legislature is Rs 4.11 lakh crore. Budget allocation for highways stepped up to Rs 64,000 crore in FY18 from Rs 57,676 crore. Allocation for national highways stepped up to Rs 64,000 cr from Rs 57,676 cr. Fiscal Deficit target for 2017-18 is 3.2%.
12.22 pm: Defence expenditure excluding pension at Rs 2.74 lakh crore, says FM Arun Jaitley
12.21 pm: The total expenditure of budget 2017-18 has been placed at Rs 21.47 lakh crore, says Arun Jaitley
12.20 pm: Good news for those who have to travel long distances for obtaining a passport. Arun Jaitley has announced that Head Post Offices will now be used as the front office for passport services.
12.19 pm: Forex reserves to offer a cover for 12 months of imports, announces Arun Jaitley
12. 18 pm: New law to confiscate properties/assets of economic offenders fleeing country
12.18 pm: Select airports in tier-II cities to be taken up for operations, development on PPP mode
12.17 pm: Chandigarh and eight districts of Haryana have been declared Kerosene free
12.15 pm: Railway tariffs to be fixed on the basis of cost, social obligation and competition; Railway related state-run companies like Ircon, IRCTC to be listed on stock exchanges, says Arun Jaitley
12.13 pm: 125 Lakh people adopted the BHIM app so far; merchant version of Aadhar-enabled payment will be launched shortly for those without debit cards, mobile phones. Govt will launch two new schemes to promote the use of BHIM app.
12.12 pm: Priority will be given to tribal, Dalit, women to setup green field enterprises, says Arun Jaitley
12.11 pm: Action plan to eliminate Kala Azar and Filariasis by 2017, Leprosy by 2018, Measles by 2020 and Tuberculosis by 2025
12.10 pm: Allocation for SCs increased from Rs 38,833 cr to Rs 52,393 cr, a rise of 35 per cent, Jaitley says.
12.09 pm: Transport sector allocated Rs 2.41 lakh crore and Bharat Net Project allocated Rs 10,000 crore
12.06 pm: The Foreign Investment Promotion Board has been abolished, Jaitley announced, adding that further liberalisation in the FDI policy would be taken in the next few days.
12.00 pm: Total investment for infrastructure in budget 2017 stands at a record Rs 3,96,135 cr, says Arun Jaitley.
11.59 am: Railways will integrate end to end transport solutions for selected commodities through partnership. By 2019, all coaches of Indian Railways will be fitted with bio-toilets.
11.57 am: At least 25 stations expected to be awarded during 2017-18; 500 stations will be made differently abled-friendly by providing lifts and escalators
11.56 am: A new metro rail policy will be announced, this will open up new jobs for our youth: FM Jaitley
11.55 am: Good news for all those who book tickets on IRCTC. You will no longer have to pay service charge, announces Jaitley.
11.54 am: Rs 1.3 lakh crore has been allotted for solar power, disabled friendly stations. Rail safety fund with a corpus of Rs 100,000 crore to be created over a period of 5 years. Jaitley announces Rs 55000 crore for Railways in Budget 2017. Capital and development expenditure pegged at Rs 1.31 lakh cr for railways in 2017-18 from Budget.
11.53 am: Focus is on swachch railways, says Jaitley. Steps will be taken to launch dedicated trains for pilgrimage and tourism, he says.
11.52 am: Jaitley also announced the restructuring of University Grants Commission.
11.49 am: On health, the government proposes to eliminate tuberculosis by 2025. Two new AIIMS Hospitals to be set up in Jharkhand and Gujarat
11.49 am: Budget allocation for welfare of women and children under various ministries increased to Rs 1,84,632 cr.
11.48 am: The government is looking to complete 1,00,00,000 houses by 2019 for houseless and those living in kaccha houses. Open defecation free villages are now being given priority for piped water supply.
11.47 am: SANKALP – 4000 crores allotted to train for market oriented training. At least 3.5 crore youth will be provided market-relevant training under Sankalp programme
11.46 am: For youth, proposed to introduce a system of measuring annual learning; Science to be given focus; Quality education will energize our youth. Skill centres will be set up across the country to help youth seeking opportunities outside the country
11.45 am: 100% village electrification will be achieved by May 1,2018
11.43 am: Minilabs by qualified local entrepreneurs to be set up for soil testing in all 648 krishivigyan kendras in the country
11.42 am: Allocation for Pradhan Mantri Awaaz Yojana up from 15,000 cr to 23,000 cr
11.40 am: Sanitation in rural areas has gone up from 42% in October 2014 (launch of Swachh Bharat) to 60% now.
11.37 am: PMGSY roads work accelerated to 133 km roads/day in 2016-17 as against 73km/day during 2011-14, says Arun Jaitley
11.35 am: MGNREGA should create productive asets to improve farm productivity, incomes. MNREGA allocation increased. Highest ever allocation for MNREGA at Rs 48,000 crore. Participation of women in MGNREGA up to 55%.
11.30 am: We will support Nabard for 63,000 functional PACs. Done in 3 years at an estimated cost of Rs 1,900 cr. Issurance of soil health cards have gathered momentum. Fasal Bima Yojana – 40% cropped area to be covered in 2017-18, 50% in 2018-19. A dedicated fund worth Rs 5,000 crore to be set up for micro-irrigation under Nabard
11.26 am: With better monsoon, agriculture is expected to grow at 4.1%. Target for agricultural credit for 2017-18 is set at ten lakh crore, announces Arun Jaitley
11.24 am: “We are aware we need to do more for our people, our agenda is transform, energise and clean India, that is ‘tech India’”
11.25 am: Surplus liquidity in banking system created by demonetisation will lower borrowing cost and increase access to credit.
11.23 am: “My aim while preparing the budget this year has been to spend more in rural areas, infrastructure and poverty alleviation and yet maintain fiscal prudence.” We have done away with planned and non planned allocation of resources to states, Jaitley says.
11.22 am: “Demonetisation to create a new normal for a bigger, cleaner GDP; slowdown, if any, will be only transient. Effects of demonetisation will not spill over to the next year. Demonetisation is a bold and decisive measure, for many decades tax evasion was a way of life for many. I am reminded of what our father of the nation Mahatma Gandhi said ‘a right cause never fails’.”
11.21 am: India’s Current Account Deficit decreased frm about 1% of GDP last yr to 0.3% of GDP in 1st half of 2016-17. Growth in a number of emerging economies is expected to recover in 2017. India remains a bright spot in global economy, we are seen as an engine of global growth.
11.18 am: “CPI inflation is expected to remain within RBI’s mandated range of 2 to 6 percent. International Monetary Fund estimates that the world GDP will grow by 3.1% in 2016 and 3.4% in 2017.”
11.15 am: “FII has increased from Rs 1.07 lakh crore to Rs 1.45 lakh crore. India has become the sixth largest manufacturing country in the world. Government has ensured fiscal consolidation without cutting back on public investments.”
11.14 am: “Expectations included burning issues like inflation and price rise, issue of corruption and crony capitalism. Our focus will be on energising youth to reap benefits of growth and employment. Growth in a number of emerging economies is expected to recover in 2017.”
11.12 am: “From favouritism to objectivity in decision making, from an informal to a formal economy, inflation in double figures has been controlled, we have launched a massive war against black money… The government is now seen as a trusted custodian of public money,I express gratitude to people for their strong support. Our Govt. was elected amidst huge expectations of people, the underlying theme of expectations being good governance.”
11.10 am: “Madam Speaker, on this auspicious day of vasant panchami I rise to present the union budget 2017-18,” Arun Jaitley said, as he stood to present the budget.
11.07 am: Kharge says Ahamed is a very senior leader who has been a part of legislative affairs for over 40 years. “Budget can be postponed today and presented tomorrow. He was on his duty. He collapsed in Parliament and was taken to the hospital,” Kharge said, but Mahajan refused to budge saying the budget will be presented.
11.04 am: Mahajan says she would have adjourned the House for the day but today’s sitting has been specifically fixed by the President and it’s a constitutional obligation. “The House may go ahead with the presentation of the Union budget 2017-18. The House may not sit tomorrow as a mark of respect for the deceased member.”
11.02 am: Speaker Sumitra Mahajan begins the session announcing the passing away of MP E Ahamed. She highlighted his career as a member of Parliament. “We deeply mourn the death of our colleague,” Mahajan said. The House stood in silence as a mark of respect.
11.00 am: Lok Sabha has convened and Arun Jaitley is set to present the Union Budget 2017-18.
10.57 am: More budget expectations here – We expect reduction in corporate tax and simplifying the tax system, says Dr. Naushad Dirbes; Expect benefits for exports to boost Make In India from Budget 2017, says Piruz Khambatta.
10.55 am: Union Minister Venkaiah Naidu has also expressed his views on whether the budget should be presented today. “Budget has a sanctity, we are already in the 11th hour. There should be no controversy over it. It’s a constitutional obligation, Naidu said.
10.50 am: Now that we have a confirmation from the Speaker, let’s look at some of the expectations from Arun Jaitley’s budget. Chandrajit Banerjee of CII is of the opinion that taxes – both direct & indirect and asset restructuring are some of the important expectations from Arun Jaitley’s budget. Anshuman Magazine say Budget 2017 is only the first step. More needs to be done afterwards in the real estate sector.
10.45 am: “We are saddened at the demise of MP E Ahamed, but the Budget will be presented today itself. We have to keep in mind that budget is a constitutional obligation, it will have to be presented,” Mahajan told reporters outside Parliament House.
10.40 am: Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan has confirmed that the Union budget will be presented today. News agency ANI quotes her as saying that a formal announcement will be made shorty.
10.38 am: Former prime minister HD Deve Gowda has also expressed that the budget should be postponed. “Postponement of budget will be no big deal, it’s not as if secrecy will break,” he said.
10.35 am: #BudgetTrivia – The budget docket contains sixteen documents including the speech by the Union Finance Minister.
10.32 am: A quick meeting of the Union Cabinet has begun in Parliament House. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will share details of the budget with his cabinet colleagues before heading to Lok Sabha where he will present the budget.
10.28 am: Constitutional experts have shared their view on whether the Budget should be postponed. Subhash Kashyap tells news agency ANI that it is neither possible nor correct to postpone the budget once the documents have arrived in Parliament House.
10.25 am: President Pranab Mukherjee’s office, too, took to Twitter to share images of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and officials of the Finance Ministry during their customary visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Finance Minister briefs the President on the government’s initiatives in the budget before he presents it in Parliament.
Check Here: Current Members Of Parliament 2017
Have a Look On Budget Key Points:
- We have made transition from an informal to a formal economy
- The government is now seen as a trusted custodian of public money
- Sluggish growth has been replaced by robust growth
- Our focus will be on energizing the youth to reap the benefits of growth
- India stands out as a bright spot in world economic stage
- India’s deficit has decreased
- Current account deficit decreased to 0.3% of the GDP
- According to IMF India is set to be one of the fastest growing economies in the world
- India has become the 6th largest manufacturer in the world
- We have moved from a discretionary administration to a policy-based administration
- Government focused on creating more job for youths
- Massive campaign on black money.
- Effect on demonetisation wont spell over 2018
- Demonetisation is a bold and decisive measure,
- For many decades tax evasion was a way of life for many
- Positive sign for the coming years
- Merging rail budget with general budget is historic
- Data advancement to improve farmers
- Wil double farmers income in 5 years
- Focus on macro stability as India growing due to macro stability
- Adequate credit will be avaliable for the farmers
- Credit for farmer to boost tractor sale
- Model law for contract farming to be adopted
- MNREGA to assests to improve farmers productivity
- Dairy processing firm to set up
- 100 mini labs will be set up by qualified entrepreneurs
- Issuance of soil health cards to gain momentum
- Integrate farmers who grow fruits and vegetables with agro processing units
- Highest ever allocation for MNREGA. MNREGA allocation Rs 48,000 crore
- Irrigation fund corpus to be 5000 crore
- States to be urged to denotify perishables from APMC
- Nabard Dairy fund corpus to be 8000 crore, initial amount at 2000 cr
- 50,000 GPs to be poverty free by 2019?
- Drought proofing of GPs to be done through pond work in NREGA
- 1 crore houses to be build by 2019
- Will bring 1 Crore house out of poverty
- 100 % rural electrifiaction by 2019
- Empasis on science education and curriculum design
- Innovation fund will be created for secondary education , it will include ICT enabled transsformation.
- Reforms proposed in UGC.
- Colleges will be identified on accredtion.
- outcome based accredition
- Swayam platform launched, students can access courses by best faculty, take test and access academic grades.
- National testing agency will be established which will conduct national level examination to free CBSE etc from holding these exams and relieve them
- Affordable Housing Will be Given Infrastructure Status
- Mahila shakti kendras will be set up at aangnwadi centre nationwide
- 5 lakh health centres will be made into health sub-centres
- Sabka saath sabka vikas begins with the girl child and women
- Healthcare High on Agenda
- 25000 PG seats in medicines
- New Rules Regarding Medical Devices Will Be Formulated;
- Will Attract Investment in Sector,
- Will Reduce Cost of the Device
- Govt is giving importance to policies aimed at SC/ST and minorities
- Will reduce cost of life-saving drugs
- 2 news AIIMS in Gujarat and Jharkhand
- Aadhaar based smart cards for seniors
- Airports authority act to be amended to allow monetisation of land,funds to be used for airport upgradation
- Record Infra allocation
- FIPB to be abolioshed
- New FDI policy under consideration
- Computer emergency response to work with financial sector regulators
- Scheme for Dalits to form enterprise
- Allocation for Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana up to Rs 2.44 lakh crore
- Railway to focus on safety
- Dedicated tourism trains
- Mordernisation of raiways corridors
- Clear cut guideloine for safety work
- 500 stations to get lifts, escalators
- Solar power to be used in 2000 stations
- By 2019, bio Toilets will be avaliable in all trains
- New metor railway policy to be announced
- Service charge on e-ticket to be withdrawn
- 500 stations to be made differently abled friendly
- 22% increase in rail budget
- 31 lakh crore in railways to be invested in 2017-18
- Rail sanraksha kosh – 1 lakh crore for 5 years for passenger safety
- Unmanned level crossings railways will be eliminated by 2019
- Coach mitra launched – by 2018 all toilets in coaches will have bio toilets
- 2000 km of coastal roads have been identified for development
- To commission 3500 km of railway tracks in 2017-18
Must Check: List Of Vice Presidents Of India
Union finance minister Arun Jaitley has given the latest budget schedule for 2017-2018 so you can avail the live union budget updates and all the breaking news regarding Budget 2017-2018. All the Indian citizens can grasp the essential details about Annual General Budget through this web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
You May Also Like To Check This Section