XAT Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to participate in XAT entrance Exam can get the newest and exact XAT Exam Pattern from this single platform. Individuals, who have planned to appear in the XAT Exam 2018, can check the XAT paper Pattern and get the idea about the sections, Marking Scheme and duration of the entrance exam. Starting your preparation through XAT Exam Pattern 2018, candidates can qualify the exam with minimum marks. XAT Exam will be conducted on 07.01.2018 across 47 cities in India.
XAT is a national level entrance examination which is conducted every year for admission of candidates in PG programmes. Candidates can go through the below section of this page crested by the team of www.recruitmentiboxx.com and acquire the features as well as the structure of XAT Exam Pattern 2018.
XAT Exam Pattern
XAT 2018 Exam Pattern:
XAT exam is conducted to evaluate the data interpretive and decision-making abilities of the candidates. Candidates who have planned to appear in the XAT Exam can check the exam pattern for XAT and start their preparation according to the same. You may have a look!!!
- Mode of exam: This is a written type examination which will be conducted in pen and paper mode. Earlier the test was conducted through online process but now the pattern has been changed.
- Number of sections: Exam pattern of XAT 2018 comprises of three parts that are section I and II and these parts are further divided into sections. Part I comprises of Decision Making, Verbal and Logical Ability and Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI) and Part II comprises of General Knowledge (GK) and the last section contains essay type questions.
- Nature of questions: Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision Making, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and General Knowledge carries objective type multiple choice questions. Essay Writing Test will carry subjective type questions.
- Number of questions: There are total 72 questions in Part I, 25 questions in Part II and 1 question in essay type respectively.
- Medium: Questions asked in XAT 2018 will be in the English language.
- Exam duration: duration of XAT exam is 3 hours 35 minutes. Candidates have to complete Part I within 170 minutes and Part II within 35 minutes respectively.
- Negative marks: aspirants are informed that there will be deduction of marks for the wrong answers. For every incorrect answer one-fourth marks will be deducted.
Get Here: XAT Syllabus 2018
Structure of XAT exam pattern 2018:
|Part||Section||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|Part I||Decision Making||21||21|| |
3 hours 35 minutes
|Verbal and Logical Ability||24||24|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (QA & DI)||27||27|
|Part II||General Knowledge (GK)||25||25|
XAT Marking Scheme 2018:
XAT exam paper pattern contains total 72 questions in Paper I, 25 questions in Paper II and 1 question in essay type. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded to students and there will be negative marking which means there is additional deduction of 0.25 marks for the wrong attempted answers. Also the candidates can’t leave more than 12 questions non- attempted. In case more than 12 questions are found non- attempted then there will be a deduction of 0.5 marks. Calculation of the XAT percentile and merit list will be done on the basis of Part 1 of XAT exam pattern.
XAT exam pattern of last seven years:
|Year||No. of Questions (Part A)||Marks|
Check Out: How To Prepare For XAT
Preparation Tips and Strategies to prepare XAT Exam:
- For the preparation of the XAT Exam 2018, the candidates are suggested to prepare according to the sections.
- Make a habit of reading newspapers and magazines to keep updates with the current affairs and the daily news.
- Keep on giving the mock tests regularly so as to check your performance.
- Work on the weaker sections and practice more and more.
- Brush up on your Verbal Ability and all the basics concepts of the grammar should be clear.
- Learn the shortcut methods to solve the questions.
- Prepare short notes in your own language and do a thorough revision regularly.
- You must maintain a proper study plan and time table and then start your preparation for the exam.
- Candidates must make sure that they have used right words with right facts in the essay.
- It is important for you to take care of your health during your exam days.
Get Here: XAT Previous Year Question Paper
For getting more information in regards of XAT Exam Pattern 2018, you may go through the official website. For any further query you can inbox us in the below stated comment box, the experts of www.recruitmentinboxx.com will try to solve all your queries. You can also subscribe to this web page using CTRL+D keys and get all the updates regularly.
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|XAT Eligibility Criteria||XAT Colleges in India|
|Aptitude Questions And Answers||How to Prepare Reasoning for Exams|
|XAT Admit Card||XAT Result|