Actuarial Common Entrance Test is a gateway for those candidates are seeking for admission in IAI for Graduation. So, candidates who are going to appear in this exam they must check latest ACET Syllabus from this page.
Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) is a statutory body is going to conduct ACET Exam every year for providing admission to the eligible candidates. Applicants can download PDF of Revised ACET Syllabus 2018 for Math/Statistics/English/DI/Logic subjects along with Exam Pattern through this single page.
Get Latest ACET Actuaries Entrance Exam Syllabus 2018 Here
Contenders can check Syllabus of Actuarial Common Entrance Test from the official website that is www.actuariesindia.org. You can also download ACET Syllabus PDF through below given direct link.
Candidates can also check ACET Study Material at the below section of this page. In order to acquired additional details regarding Actuarial Common Entrance Test Syllabus 2018, appliers are needed to scroll this web page which is well framed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
It is important for candidates appearing in Actuarial Common Entrance Test to know the complete Revised Institute of Actuaries of India ACET Syllabus for better preparation. So, have a look!! Applicants are hereby notified that the ACET Syllabus is divided 5 subjects which is given below
- Data Interpretation
ACET Maths Syllabus:
- Notation and standard functions
- Numerical Methods
Do You Know: How to Prepare For Maths
ACET English Syllabus:
- Vocabulary Based (Synonyms Antonyms)
- English Usage or Grammar
- Sentence Correction
- Fill in the blanks
- Cloze Passage
- Analogies or Reverse Analogies
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Meaning-Usage Match
- Summary Questions
- Verbal Reasoning
- Facts / Inferences / Judgements
- Reading Comprehension
Vocabulary: Vocabulary questions test the candidate’s knowledge of the primary meanings of words, secondary shades of meaning, usage, idioms and phrases, antonyms, related words, etc.
Grammar: Grammar-based questions test the candidate’s ability to spot and correct grammatical errors. It should generally tests knowledge of high school level grammar and includes areas like subject-verb agreement, use of modifiers, parellel construction, redundancy, phrasal verbs, use of articles, prepositions, etc.
Verbal Reasoning: Verbal reasoning questions are designed to test the candidate’s ability to identify relationships or patterns within groups of words or sentences.
START: English Grammar Quiz
ACET Data Interpretation Syllabus:
- Column Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Line Charts
- Pie Chart
- Venn Diagrams
ACET Logical Reasoning Syllabus:
- Number and Letter Series
- Venn Diagrams
- Binary Logic
- Seating Arrangement
- Logical Sequence
- Logical Matching
- Logical Connectives
- Blood Relations
START: Logical Reasoning Test
ACET Statistics Syllabus:
|Types of data||Statistical diagrams, bar chart, histogram, dot plot, stem-and-leaf, boxplot|
|Measures of location||mean, median, mode|
|Probabilities||basic rules of probabilities|
|Advanced probability||tree diagrams, conditional probabilities|
|Discrete random variables||definitions, probabilities, mean, mode, median, standard deviation, variance, coefficient of skewness|
|Continuous random variables||definitions, probabilities, mean, mode, median, standard deviation, variance, coefficient of skewness|
|Discrete distributions||discrete uniform, Bernoulli, binomial, Poisson|
|Continuous distributions||continuous uniform, exponential, the normal distribution|
|Correlation||scatter plots, covariance, correlation coefficient|
|Permutations and combinations||–|
|Measures of spreadrange, interquartile range, standard deviation, variance, Skewness||–|
Press Here To Download ACET Syllabus PDF
ACET Exam Pattern:
- The exam will have 70 multiple choice type’s questions.
- The questions of Section I will contain 55% of weightage and Section II will contain 45% of weightage. Section I comprises of Mathematics, Statistics and Data Interpretation and Section II consists of English and Logical Reasoning.
- There is no negative marking.
- The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- The entrance test duration will be 3 hours.
|No of Questions||No of Marks|
You must do that: 7 Exam Resolutions for Sure Success in 2018
How to Download ACET Syllabus 2018?
Applicants who want to check ACET Exam syllabus they may follow the below important steps:-
- First of all you have log on the official website of the organization that www.actuariesindia.org
- On the home page you need to move your cursor to the “ACET” section and select the “Syllabus” tab.
- After that subject wise syllabus will be displayed on your screen.
- You are required to check the entire syllabus carefully.
- For preparation of the exam you need to take a print out and download it.
ACET Study Material
- TOMATO (Test Of Mathematics at Ten plus Two level published by ISI)
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay, Mc Graw Hill
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Editor: Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Editor: Abhijit Guha
- The Pearson and Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT Editor: Nishit K. Sinha
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examinations Editor: R.S. Aggarwal
- High School English Grammar and Composition- Wren and Martin
- Word Power Made Easy Editor: Norman Lewis
- Problem Solving Strategies Editor: Arthur Engel
- Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics by New Age International Publishers
- Challenging Mathematical Problems with Elementary Solutions Editors: A.M. Yaglom and I.M. Yaglom
- An Excursion in Mathematics Editors: M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V. Acharya, V. M. Sholapurkar
- Problem Primer for the Olympiad Editors: C R Pranesachar, B J Venkatachala, C S Yogananda
- Trishna’s Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and other MBA Entrance Examinations
- ACTED Study Material – FAC and STATS PACK
For obtaining more details about ACET Syllabus 2018 aspirants can bookmark this web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing ctrl+d.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section