GATE Application Form
If you have decided to appear for GATE 2018 Exam, first thing you need to do is to fill GATE Application Form. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted for admission in to Post Graduate Programmes like M.Tech./ Ph.D. in reputed institutions of India. GATE Entrance Exam is expected to be held in the month of February 2018. Online GATE Application Form 2018 can be submitted till last date that is first week of October 2017. Please checkout complete GATE Exam Notice before filling the Application Form.
IITs and IISc conduct Graduate Aptitude Test in engineering every year. Exam is conducted n in 23 disciplines of engineering and science subjects. Many private and Government companies prefer the score of GATE for appointment of candidates at various designations. You may go through this page that is designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get complete information related to GATE Exam Notification.
GATE Application Form
How to fill GATE Online Application Form?
Logon Official Site:
- Firstly you need to visit the official site for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering that is gate.iitr.ernet.in.
- There after you need to select link for filling online registration.
GATE Online Registration:
- You need to fill required information while registering yourself.
- Enter your email address, mobile number correctly because GOAPS Enrolment ID and Password will be sent to you on your Mobile phone or email address.
Read Here: Process to Fill Online Application Form
Login your ID:
- Please login your account with GOAPS Enrolment ID and Password sent to you on your Phone Number and Email ID at time of GATE Online Application Processing System.
- Fill the Online Application Form with correct information properly such as Personal Details, Eligibility and Address etc.
GATE Application Fee:
- The application fee is Rs. 750 for women candidates and SC/ST/PwD community candidates and
- For rest candidates application fee is Rs. 1500
- For International candidates application fee shall be US $50.
- Fee would be deposited through net banking or debit card or through e-challan.
Don’t Have Money To Pay College Fee: Check Best Ways Here
- Scanned Copy of Degree Certificate or mark sheet of previous semester/ year (for final year candidates) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of Category/ PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- A passport size photograph in a JPEG format [480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel)] with standard size 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm (Width x Height).
- Scan copy of Signature with max pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560 and mini pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.
- Sign with black or dark blue ink pen only.
- Thumb impression in JPEG image formats with Max pixel resolution 160 × 560 and Min pixel resolution 80 × 280 of image.
How can I do Correction in GATE Application Form?
If you want to do some correction or modification in your application, you can do it after submission of application. You can do correction in name of candidates or parents, DOB, category status and year of qualification by sending an email with subject “Correction in data (Enrollment Number)”. Attach proof of modification at time of sending email.
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2018:
Read the table following below to know about the complete GATE Eligibility Criteria:
|Qualifying Degree||Qualifying Degree/Examination (Descriptive)||Description of Eligible Candidates||Year of qualification cannot be later than|
B.E./ B.Tech./ B. Pharm.
|Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/ Technology)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course)||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed||2018|
|M. Sc./ M.A./MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Four year program)||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed||2020|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology (Five year program)||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed||2019|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B. Sc/M.Sc.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. Sc/M. Sc. program||Currently in the final year or already completed||2018|
|Professional Society Examination (equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)|
Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses
GATE Exam Pattern 2018:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the computer based test, which contain 65 questions of maximum 100 marks. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering contains two type questions that are Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Answer Questions.
Type of Questions:
Multiple Choice Questions:
- Multiple Choice Questions contain 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- This type of questions has 4 choices in exam and appliers have to choose correct answer.
Numerical Answer Questions:
- Numerical Answer Questions also contain 1 or 2 marks in all section.
- In these questions no option is given to applier and you have to fill a correct numerical value while solving exam.
More Details: GATE Exam Pattern
Pattern of Papers other than GG, XE and XL:
- Examination will contain 25 questions carrying 1-mark each and 30 questions carrying 2-marks each.
- Type of questions will be multiple choice and numerical answer type.
Pattern of GG (Geology and Geophysics) Paper:
- Exam will be conducted in two parts that Part A and Part B.
- Part A will be common for all and Part B will contain two sections that are Section 1 (Geology) and Section 2 (Geophysics).
- Candidates have to attempt question of any one section from section 1 and section 2.
- Part A will consist of 25 multiple-choice questions and each will carry 1 mark.
- Part B will contain 30 multiple choice questions and each will carry 2 marks.
Pattern of XE Paper (Engineering Sciences):
- There will be 11 questions carrying total 15 marks from which 7 que. carrying 1 mark each and 4 que. carrying 2 marks each.
- Some questions may be of numerical answer type questions.
Check Here: GATE Study Material
Pattern of XL Paper (Life Sciences):
- In this paper Chemistry section (Section P) is compulsory for all.
- There will be total 15 questions carrying a total of 25 marks from which 5 que. carrying 1 mark each and 10 que. carrying 2 marks each.
GATE Marking Scheme:
Each question will be given 1 or 2 mark.
Negative Marking Scheme:
- For 1 mark Multiple Choice Questions there will be deduction of 1/3 marks for each wrong answer.
- For 2 marks Multiple Choice Questions there will be deduction of 2/3 marks for each wrong answer.
- No Negative Marking for Numerical answers type questions.
GATE Exam Syllabus 2018:
Syllabus for different subjects of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is different for all subjects such as AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL. Read GATE Syllabus 2018 properly to get better score in exam in exam. If you have any query regarding Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering Syllabus, you may also ask us.
GATE Previous Year Question Paper:
Candidates who are going to appear for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering may get help from the previous question papers, which can be obtained from here you can download GATE Model Paper and start preparation for exam. By these paper you can get the idea of questions that are asked at time of exam.
GATE 2018 Admit Card:
Candidates may download their GATE Admit Card through its web site tentatively from First week of January 2018. You are needed to bring color print-out of hall ticket at the examination center. Without it you are not allowed to enter in the examination hall. You also have to bring original and valid photo identification photocopy / scanned copy/invalid or expired identification.
GATE 2018 Results:
Candidates may check their GATE Results 2018 in Last week of March 2018 (Tentative) from the official site. The GATE Score Card of is valid for THREE YEARS from the date of announcement of the results.
GATE Exam Books:
The main role to qualify Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2018 will play study material. It’s essential to collect best GATE Books 2018 to crack exam with good marks. You may go through the link given here for getting complete details about latest Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering Study Material.
GATE Important Dates 2018:
|Gate online Application start Date||First week of September 2017|
|Last date for submission of GATE Application Form||First week of October 2017|
|Corrections in Application Form||Second week of October 2017|
|Last Date for request for change in the choice of city||Third week of October 2017|
|Availability of Admit card on the website||First week of January 2018|
|GATE 2018 Online Examination||First & Second Saturday & Sunday of February 2018|
|GATE Answer Key 2018 will be available||Within one week after examination|
|Announcement Of Results||Last week of March 2018|
|Score Card can be Downloaded||Last week of March 2018 to Last week of May 2018|
|GATE Counselling 2018||Second week of April 2018|
Note: You may get other information related to GATE Application Form 2018 through official link that is given below. Be connected with our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get other latest information about exam shortly.
Apply for GATE Online Exam 2018 – Press Here
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|Tips to Crack GATE Exam||Aptitude Questions And Answers|
|How to Prepare For Maths||Get Free Job Alerts On Mail|
|PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2017||Tricks To Crack Gate Exam In First Attempt|