GMAT Vs CAT
GMAT vs CAT is one of biggest obstacle for students aspiring to pursue an MBA Course. Every MBA candidate knows that CAT is necessary requirement for admissions into the Indian Institutes of Management and other MBA Institutions in India. But if candidate is planning to pursue an MBA from abroad, the GMAT is mandatory. We team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com examine some significant point on endless GMAT Vs CAT debate, to assist you decide which one is right for you and difference between GMAT and CAT.
Expectantly, the below mentioned comparison will help candidates to choose between GMAT and CAT Exams. At the heart of this problem is the superior question – “whether to pursue MBA in India or abroad“. On the basis of difficulty one is known to be hardest (GMAT Vs Cat Which Is Tougher) in English on the other hand, one is known for its difficult Quantitative Section. Scroll down this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com to know more about CAT Vs GMAT, CAT Vs GMAT Which Is Better etc.
GMAT Vs CAT
GMAT Vs CAT: Exam Pattern Details
Sections and General Rules to attempt the examination
|Sections, Duration and Number of Questions|
|Total Duration||210 Minutes||180 minutes|
CAT VS GMAT Fees
|Registration Fees||$250 (Rs 15000)||Rs 2000|
|Average Fees||Rs 20,00,000-65,00,000||Rs 12,00,000|
|Average Salary||Rs 65,00,000 P.A||Rs 15,00,000 P.A|
CAT VS GMAT: Competition
|Number of applicants every year||60,000||1,70,000|
|Percentage of students getting admission in top B-schools||10%||1%|
Check Tips: How To Prepare For GMAT Exam In 1 Month
GMAT Vs Cat Which Is Better
- GMAT is called to have an extensively harder Verbal section with the questions on Logical Reasoning being considerably harder than those on CAT.
- An informal look at the syllabus for Quantitative section may hint at a simple test – questions asked need knowledge of basic concepts such as Distance, Speed, Time and Probability.
- So, a closer glance exposes that GMAT misses higher mathematical concepts in favor of more difficult questions and speed.
- More than one-third of questions in GMAT Quant belong to Data Sufficiency type, and this question may or may not appear at all in CAT.
- The difficulty of GMAT Quant is not in formulae or calculations, but in the application.
- CAT Syllabus comprises higher mathematical concepts such as Integration & differentiation.
- The GMAT Exam format replicates its planned audience.
- The exam is aimed at people who have been away from academics for an important time and so purposes to evaluate mental agility and IQ relatively than pure mathematical concepts – the former is more applicable in choosing future managers.
- The jury is out on which test is more hard or difficult.
- One exams higher concept, the other one puzzles and amazed by confusing highs school math problems to level of complex puzzles.
- Many applicants report acing the CAT and then performing badly on GMAT and vice-versa.
- Bottom line – We feel that more than difficulty of exams, the life-stage of the candidate will decide the choice of test for applicants.
- Deliberations concerning which exam is more difficult may not have any real world suggestions.
GMAT Vs CAT Syllabus: GMAT Vs CAT Which Is Difficult:
- In both GMAT and CAT Exams, verbal ability of applicants is evaluated on varied factors and parameters.
- CAT arranges more focus on vocabulary and comprehension while GMAT is reasoning-oriented with highlighting on reading a comprehension, consideration and evaluating the influences given therein and lastly, rectifying it with standard English language.
- The Quantitative Syllabus is almost alike in both these exams. Generally, they differ in terms of difficulty level.
- While Quantitative Ability is lengthy and difficult in CAT Exam, it is quite difficult in GMAT.
- CAT Syllabus for this section includes number systems, probability, geometry, trigonometry, quadratic equations, linear equations, permutation combination, etc.
- GMAT Syllabus also includes the same topics from algebra, arithmetic, and geometry.
- This may be carefully said that if you study hard for CAT Quant, you stand a better opportunity to do well in GMAT as well.
Data Interpretation Vs Integrated Reasoning:
- CAT provides much more momentums to Data Interpretation as compared with Integrated Reasoning or Integrated Reasoning in GMAT.
- Data Interpretation section in CAT covers topics like analysis and interpretation of data based on Venn diagrams, charts, graphs, tables, and text.
- Integrated Reasoning section also has a similar format where applicants are needed to grow important information based on data given.
- It has questions based on graphical interpretation, two-part analysis, multisource reasoning, and table analysis.
GMAT Vs CAT Difficulty:
- This may be organized by saying that GMAT has simpler course content as compared to CAT but it places more stress on IQ and mental sharpness in place of conceptual knowledge.
- Both GMAT and CAT have their own advantages and disadvantages that you must charge before taking any of these.
In India, Common Admission Test is the device used by top-ranked Indian Management schools for selecting applicants for their Post Graduate courses in Business and Management. On the other hand, Graduate Management Admission Test is a worldwide received exam having gratitude in major Management schools of USA, Asia, and Europe for Management aspirants. Hope the above information will help a lot to choose the best one. If applicants have any query regarding GMAT VS CAT then drop the comment in comment box which is provided below.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section:
|MBA Entrance Exam||CAT Exam Preparation Books|
|Top 10 CAT Coaching Institute In India||CAT Exam Pattern|
|CAT Eligibility Criteria||CAT Affiliated Colleges India|