ICAR NET Syllabus
Agriculture Scientist Research Board (ASRB) conduct NET (National Eligibility Test) for the recruitment to posts in the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the ICAR. Revised ICAR NET Syllabus for Agriculture/ Botany/ Agronomy and other subjects has been presented on this page.
Those contenders who are going to apply for ASRB NET 2019 Examination must start their preparation with the help of ICAR NET Syllabus 2019 and Exam Pattern. Apart from it, contenders can download ICAR Syllabus of NET Exam 2019 in PDF format also by moving their cursor downwards.
ICAR ASR NET 2019 Syllabus – Download For All Subjects
Given ASRB ICAR NET Syllabus for 56 subjects in PDF format can also help you. In order to download ICAR NET Syllabus of Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Physiology, +Veterinary Science, Food Technology and others directly from official site also which is www.icar.org.in
ICAR Syllabus 2019 for National Eligibility Test is based on Master’s degree level knowledge. Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board conducts ASRB NET Exam for appointing aspirants for Lecturer/ Asst Professor Posts. To know more about the same, check this page which is well designed by www.recruitmentinboxx.com
ICAR NET Syllabus 2019
ASRB NET Exam Syllabus is based on below listed 56 subjects. You may download ARS NET Syllabus PDF which is provided on below of page.
ICAR NET Syllabus 2019 for Agricultural Biotechnology
Unit 1: Cell Structure and Function
- Prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell architecture, Cell wall, plasma membrane, Structure and function of cell organelles: vacuoles, mitochondria, plastids, golgi apparatus, ER, peroxisomes, glyoxisomes.
- Cell division, regulation of cell cycle, Protein secretion and targeting, Cell division, growth and differentiation included in ICAR NET Syllabus Agriculture.
Unit 2: Biomolecules and Metabolism
- Structure and function of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and nucleic acids, Synthesis of carbohydrate, glycolysis, HMP, Citric acid cycle and metabolic regulation, Oxidative phosphorylation and substrate level phosphorylation, Vitamins, plant and animal hormones included in ICAR ARS NET Syllabus.
- Functional molecules, antioxidants, nutrient precursor, HSPs, anti-viral compounds included in ICAR NET Syllabus 2019.
Get Here: General Science Quiz
Unit 3: Enzymology
Enzymes, structure conformation, classification, assay, isolation, purification and characterization, catariysis specificity, mechanism of action, active site, regulation of enzyme activity, multienzyme complexes, immobilized enzymes and protein engineering, immobilized enzymes and their application included in ICAR NET Biotechnology Syllabus.
Unit 4: Molecular Genetics
- Concept of gene, Prokaryotes as genetic system, Prokaryotic and eukaryotic chromosomes, methods of gene isolation and identification, Split genes, overlapping genes and pseudo genes, Organization of prokaryotic and eukaryotic genes and genomes including operan, exon, intron, enhancer promoter sequences and other regulatory elements.
- Mutation – spontaneous, induced and site-directed, recombination in bacteria, fungi and viruses, transformation, transduction, conjugation, transposable elements and transposition included in ICAR NET Exam Syllabus.
Unit 5: Gene Expression
- Expression of genetic information, operon concept, Transcription – mechanism of transcription in prokaryotes and eukaryotes, transcription unit, regulatory sequences and enhancers, activators, repressors, co-activators, Co-repressors in prokaryotes and eukaryotes, inducible genes and promoters, Transcription factors post transcriptional modification and protein transport, DNA-protein interaction, Genetic code.
- Mechanism of translation and its control, post translational modifications included in ICAR NET Syllabus 2019.
Start Now Online: Biology Quiz
Unit 6: Molecular Biology Techniques
- Isolation and purification of nucleic acids. Nucleic acids hybridization: Southern, northern and western blotting hybridization.
- Immune response monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies and ELISA, DNA sequencing. Construction and screening of genomic and C-DNA libraries.
- Gel electrophoretic techniques. Polymerase chain reactor spectroscopy, PCR ultracentrifugation, chromatography, FISH, RIA etc.
Unit 7: Gene Cloning
- Restriction enzymes and their uses. Salient features and uses of most commonly used vectors i.e. plasmids, bacteriophages, phagmids, cosmids, BACs, PACs and YACs, binary vectors, expression vectors. Gene cloning and sub-cloning strategies, chromosome walking, genetic transformation, Basis of animal cloning. Biology.
- Risk assessment and IPR including in Syllabus For ICAR NET Exam.
Unit 8: Molecular Biology
- Ribosome structure and function. Protein biosynthesis in prokaryotes and ekaryotes.
- Post-translational modification.
- Gene regulation, RNA processing and Post transcriptional modifications.
- Bioprospecting, biofortification, gene pryrimiding and gene fusion, nbozyme technology included in ICAR NET Syllabus 2019.
Unit 9: Plant Molecular Biology
- Photoregulation and phytochrome regulation of nuclear and chloroplastic gene expression.
- Molecular mechanism of nitrogen fixation.
- Molecular biology of various stresses, viz. abiotic stresses like drought, salt, heavy metals and temperature; and biotic stresses like bacterial, fungal and viral diseases.
- Signal transduction and its molecular basis, molecular mechanism of plant hormone action mitochondrial control of fertility, structure, organization and regulation of nuclear gene concerning storage proteins and starch synthesis included in Syllabus Of ICAR NET 2019.
Practice Free Mock Test: Online Test Series
Unit 10: Tissue Culture
- Basic techniques in cell culture and somatic cell genetics.
- Regulation of cell cycle and cell division.
- Clonal propagation.
- Concept of cellular totipotency.
- Anther culture, somaclonal and gametoclonal variations.
- Hybrid embryo culture and embryo rescue, somatic hybridization and cybridization.
- Application of tissue culture in crop improvement.
- Secondary metabolite production.
- In vitro, mutagenesis, cryopreservation and plant tissue culture repository included in ICAR NET Syllabus 2019.
Unit 11: Plant Genetic Engineering
- Isolation of genes of economic importance.
- Gene constructs for tissue-specific expression.
- Different methods of gene transfer to plants, viz. direct and vector-mediated.
- Molecular analysis of trans formants.
- Potential applications of plant genetic engineering for crop improvement, i.e. insect-pest resistance (insect, viral, fungal and bacterial disease resistance), abiotic stress resistance, herbicide resistance, storage protein quality, increasing shelf-life, oil quality, Current status of trans genics, biosafty norms and controlled field trials and release of transgenics (GMOs).
Know Skills Required: How To Become Teacher
Unit 12: Molecular Markers and Genomics
DNA molecular markers: Principles, type and applications; restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP), amplified fragment length polymorphism (AFLP), randomly amplified polymorphic DNA sequences (RAPD), Simple sequence repeats (SSR), Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), Structural and functional genomics, gene mapping, genome mapping, gene tagging and comparative genomics and application of genomics included in ICAR NET Syllabus 2019.
ICAR NET Syllabus For Agricultural Economics
- Unit 1 : Agricultural Development and Policies
- Unit 2 : Natural Resource Management
- Unit 3 : Farm Business Management and Production Economics
- Unit 4 : Agricultural Finance
- Unit 5 : Agricultural Marketing and Price Analysis
- Unit 6: Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Unit 7 : Financial Management
- Unit 8 : Marketing Management
- Unit 9: Production and Operations Management
- Unit 10 : Strategic Management
- Unit 11 : Entrepreneurial Skills and New Venture Planning
ICAR NET Syllabus PDF Download (Various Discipline)
By pressing on links placed below, you may get ICAR NET 2019 Syllabus. Choose discipline for which you want to view Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test Syllabus/ ASRB NET 2019 Syllabus.
|Discipline Code||ICAR Net Syllabus PDF|
|Disciplines No -01-10||Get PDF|
|Disciplines No -11-20||Get PDF|
|Disciplines No -21-30||Get PDF|
|Disciplines No -31-40||Get PDF|
|Disciplines No -41-50||Get PDF|
|Disciplines No -51-56||Get PDF|
|Disciplines No – 57||Get PDF|
ICAR NET Exam Pattern 2019
ARS NET Exam Pattern 2019:
- Objective Type (MCQs) questions are there in ICAR Net Exam 2019.
- Maximum Marks for paper is 150.
- 150 Questions are there in paper.
- Time duration of ARS NET Exam 2019 is of 2 hours.
- There will be 1/3 mark deduction for each incorrect answer.
|Type of Question||No of question||Time||Marks|
|Objective/Multiple Choice||150||2 hrs||1 mark each|
|Negative Marking||1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
Minimum marks required for qualifying NET Examination
|Category||Minimum qualifying marks|
|Un-reserved(UR) (General) / OBC (Creamy layer)||55%|
|SC / ST/ Physically Challenged(PC) Person||45%|
Guidelines To Download www.icar-asrb.net Exam Syllabus PDF
For downloading Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board National Eligibility Test Syllabus/ Indian Council of Agricultural Research National Eligibility Test Syllabus, you may follow listed ways.
- Visit official website of Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board i.e. www.icar.org.in
- Aspirants may select relevant link concerning ICAR NET Dairy Technology Syllabus.
- ICAR NET Bioinformatics Syllabus in PDF Form will open up.
- You may save ASRB NET Syllabus & plan your preparation by referring exam ICAR NET Syllabus For Botany.
Agriculture Scientists Recruitment Board conducts National Eligibility Test for posts of teacher. To plan your studies, you may download ICAR ASRB NET Syllabus from here. NET Exam questions are in Hindi and English language.
ICAR NET Syllabus 2019 will help you in knowing all important topics. Bookmark our portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com for receiving more updates about ICAR NET Syllabus for Genetics and Plant Breeding.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|ASRB NET Result||ASRB Admit Card|
|ASRB Result||ASRB Recruitment|
|ASRB Syllabus||ASRB NET Admit Card|
|Get Free Job Alerts On Mail||Latest High Paid Up Teaching Jobs|