IIT JAM Exam Pattern
Check Section Wise IIT JAM Exam Pattern here!!! Applying contenders for IIT JAM 2019 have to participate in the entrance examination on 10-02-2019. In order to avail complete details related to Marking Scheme, Timing, number of question and others, you must check given IIT JAM Paper Pattern.
Apart from IIT JAM Chemistry Exam Pattern, candidates can check exam analysis of last years (2005 to 2017) at the beneath section that can help you to be familiar with the number of questions asked from any particular topic, so what are you waiting for? Go ahead soon.
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Dates
|Availability of Online IIT JAM Application Form||05-09-2018|
|Last date to submit application||10-10-2018|
|Admit Card Release||04-01-2019|
|Mock Test Available||10-01-2019|
|IIT JAM Exam Date||10-02-2019|
|Answer Key Release||25-02-2019|
|Rank & Merit List||05-04-2019|
|Score Card Release||05-04-2019 to 31-07-2019|
|Admission Form Availability||11-04-2018 to 24-04-2019|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category||Till 07-05-2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||03-06-2019|
IIT JAM 2019 – Get Details
Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test is a gateway of getting admission in MSC Courses. Indian Institute of Technology conducts JAM with a motto of providing admission into IITs, NITs, and IISERS.
Exam Pattern of IIT JAM 2019 along with IIT JAM exam marks pattern assists in better preparation for test. Individuals may grab more details about IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 by taking a look on below of page created by members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019
Exam Pattern of IIT JAM – Highlights
|Sections/Types||Section A||Section B||Section C|
|Number of Questions||30||10||20|
|Marks||10 questions 1 mark|
20 questions 2 marks
|2 marks for each question||10 questions 1 mark|
10 questions 2 marks
|Negative Marking||1/3 of marks will be deducted|
and for 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted
|Types of Question||Multiple Choice||Multiple Choice||No options will be displayed|
|Mode of Exam||Online||Online||Online|
|Total number of Question||60|
Get Here For Physics/Chemistry/Maths: IIT JAM Syllabus
IIT JAM 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: Computer-Based Mode
- Session: Two Sessions i.e. 9 AM to 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM
- Sections: Three Different Patterns such as Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- Number of Papers: Total Seven as per IIT JAM Exam Pattern
- Duration: Three Hours
- Medium: English only
- Number of Questions: Total 60 questions
- Marks: 100
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking only in Section A.
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||50|
|Section B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||20|
|Section C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||30|
IIT JAM Exam Pattern, Session and Timings:
- Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test is divided into two sessions.
- The first session will start at 9 am while the second session will begin at 2 pm:
|Biotechnology (BT)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Biological Sciences (BL)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Chemistry (CY)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Geology (GG)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Session II||2:00 pm – 5:00 pm|
|Mathematics (MA)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Physics (PH)||Session I||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
IIT JAM 2019 Marking Scheme:
- Total 60 questions divided into three sections which will carry 100 marks available in in IIT JAM 2019.
- Section A: contains 10 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each and 20 MCQs of 2 marks each as mentioned in IIT JAM Exam Pattern.
- Section B: contains 10 multiple select questions of 2 marks each.
- Section C: contains 10 Numerical Answer type questions of 1 mark each and 20 questions of 2 marks each.
IIT JAM Exam Pattern and Negative Marking:
- There is no negative marking in the Section B & C but negative marking will be done for Section A according to the IIT JAM Exam Pattern and Syllabus.
- In section A, for the 1 mark question, 1/3 of marks will be deducted for a wrong answer and for 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions according to the IIT JAM Biotech Exam Pattern.
Get Here Complete List of Test Cities with Codes Online: IIT JAM Exam Centres
IIT-JAM Paper Analysis
Apart from IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019, candidates can avail complete information about the examination conducted from the year 2005 to 2017. Following section wise IIT JAM Exam Analysis can help you to be familiar with the number of questions asked from any particular topic.
|IIT-JAM Chemistry||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Physics||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Mathematics||Download Here|
|IIT-JAM Biotechnology||Download Here|
IIT JAM Paper Pattern – Instructions
- There is provision of using online virtual calculatorand hence, the candidates should not bring any calculator with them as per IIT JAM Mathematics Exam Pattern.
- Mobile phones or any other electronic devices are strictly prohibited inside examination hall. Charts, graph sheets, and tables are also NOTallowed inside the examination hall.
- A scribble pad will be provided for rough work and this has to be returned back at the end of the examination as per IIT JAM Exam Pattern Instructions.
- The candidates are required to select the answer for MCQ and MSQ type questions using the mouse as per IIT JAM Physics Exam Pattern.
- The answer for NAT questions can be entered using a virtual numeric keypad (the keyboard of the computer will be disabled).
- At the end of the 3 hours, the computer will automatically end the examination as mentioned in IIT JAM Entrance Exam Pattern PDF.
Download From Here: IIT JAM Admit Card
We hope that above designed page and essential stuffs related to IIT JAM Exam Pattern 2019 will be beneficial for you, candidates who want to regular updates regarding IIT JAM Exam Question Paper Pattern, stay connected with this portal of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria||IIT JAM Result|
|Physics Quiz||Online Chemistry Quiz|
|Biology Quiz||Maths Formulas PDF|
|7 Exam Resolutions for Sure Success||Tips to Get 100% Results in Exams|