International Day of Yoga
International Day of Yoga is celebrated annually on 21 June on the suggestion of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his UN address. 21st June was declared and approved as International Day of Yoga on September 27, 2014. It was started in the year of 2015. Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practice originated in India.
International Day of Yoga is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares a superior significance in many parts of the world. Yoga is an India’s ancient tradition and has an invaluable gift to any individual. Read out Benefits Of Yogasanas from here.
International Day of Yoga in Hindi (अंतर्राष्ट्रीय योग दिवस हिंदी में)
The first International Day of Yoga was celebrated on 21 June 2015, after passing the UN General Assembly in 2014 to become an official UN observance. Yoga has become very popular, and it was made a UN observance to promote “health, harmony, and peace”.
योग भारत की प्राचीन परंपरा है और किसी भी व्यक्ति के लिए एक अमूल्य उपहार है। हमारे माननीय प्रधान मंत्री, श्री नरेंद्र मोदी ने संयुक्त राष्ट्र महासभा को संबोधित करते हुए 21 जून को योग के अंतर्राष्ट्रीय दिवस के रूप में घोषित और अनुमोदित किया था। अंतर्राष्ट्रीय योग दिवस 2019 के निर्देशों के अनुसार राष्ट्रीय राजधानी के विभिन्न स्थानों पर बड़े पैमाने पर मनाया जाएगा। योग आसन के लाभ यहाँ से पढ़े।
International Day of Yoga
According to vision of Sadhguru’s to make this day into most important day for all religious, caste, age groups and social backgrounds for the expansion of their perception of life to everyone. Only 5 minutes would transform your life into a joyful and peaceful movement. Meanwhile you forgot your tensions and other daily works which become an obstacle in your life for enjoying.
International Day of Yoga Observances:
|International Day of Yoga|
Read Also: 5 Benefits Of Yoga For Students/ Women
World Yoga Day Theme:
- The theme of World Yoga Day 2018 was “Yoga for Peace”.
- Theme of 2017 was “Yoga For Health”.
- Theme of 2016 was “Connect the Youth”.
- Theme of 2015 was “Yoga For Harmony And Peace”.
Benefits Of Yogasanas:
By doing yoga you can get lots of benefits such as listed below:-
- You can stay healthy.
- By doing yoga you can get the strategy how to get success.
- You can get the method to live a joy and peaceful life.
- You can increase your focus, memory and productivity
- You can stabilize the body, mind and emotions.
- It is a relationship between body and mind.
- Removes heat from the head
- gastric fire is increased
- Improves your flexibility
- Betters your bone health
- Builds muscle strength
Latest News International Day Of Yoga:
- Overall 170 countries are going to take participation for celebrating International Day Of Yoga including India, USA, China, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, China, Japan etc.
- PM reviews preparations of International Yoga Day
- International Yoga Day may be declared public holiday
- Reebok partners with Ministry of AYUSH for International Yoga Day
- 9 Chinese Cities To Host Yoga Day Celebrations
- Yoga Day has Event at 7 Places in Delhi, capital of India.
Also Check: List Of National and Public Holidays in India
Objectives of Yoga:
There are some objectives International Day of Yoga 2019 which are listed below:-
- To know about the ordinary benefits of yoga
- To gather the people of every religion together and stay healthy
- This will help us to cures our behavioral disorders, nervous breakdown and manic depressions
- While doing good practice of yoga our mind get vibrant
- To spread awareness among the people against physical & mental diseases and solutions a day to concentrate on it.
- You can get in touch of nature.
- To decrease the stress which is get on our head while doing daily works
- To lease people know the wonderful and natural benefits of yoga.
- To connect people to the nature by practicing yoga.
- To reduce the rate of health challenging diseases all over the world.
- To bring communities much close together to spend a day for health from busy schedule.
- To make people get used of meditation through yoga.
- To draw attention of people worldwide towards the holistic benefits of yoga.
- To enhance growth, development and spread peace all through the world.
Check Here: Strategies of Personality Development
International Yoga Day Activities:
- Bring Your Tree Pose to Nature
- Do your om thing
- Introduce a friend to the yogi lifestyle
Reasons to participate in International Yoga Day:
- International Yoga Day is inclusive
- Yoga helps you manage stress
- Practicing yoga is healthy
Eight Limbs of Yoga:
Yoga is an art to transform the mental fluctuations which is defines by the Patanjali as “Yoga Chitta Vritti Nirodha “. Yoga is prescribed as an art to achieve the goal which is described by Patanjali. The Ashtanga yoga (which means ‘eight-limbedyoga’) could be done in 08 various styles which are discussed below you are required to go through it.
- Yama (moral restraints)
- Niyama (spiritual practices)
- Asana (seat posture with spine erect)
- Pranayama (breath control)
- Pratyahara (withdrawal of from the organs of sense and the organs of action)
- Dharana (deep state of concentration)
- Dhyana (directing attention to the subject of meditation)
- Samadhi (complete absorption in super consciousness or divine mind)
Also Know Here: How to Improve Your Memory for Studying
As per the expert’s advices yoga is Better Choice than Gym. You can compare with anyone who works out in the gym. Doing yoga is an art of all-embracing that connect your mind with soul to make your body fit.
You can focus on yourself by doing yoga. While workout in the gym there is so many mirror around you. At the time of yoga you are connected with nature only and your mind get relax when you are alone for doing yoga. That’s why yoga is benefit from any side.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section