Candidates who are preparing for Joint Entrance Screening Test must check out the latest JEST Syllabus 2019. Here in this page we have provided JEST Physics and Computer Science Syllabus PDF which are free to download.
JEST Syllabus 2019 consists of topics- Physics and Theoretical Computer Science. From physics section, total of 50 objective type questions will be asked and Theoretical Computer Science will have total 7 questions. The total time duration for JEST exam is 3 hours.
JEST Physics/Computer Science Syllabus PDF
By going through the JEST Syllabus 2019, candidates will get to know about the important topics and concepts. Also candidate will know what type of question will be asked in the exam and start their preparation accordingly for JEST Entrance exam.
Candidates who wish to collect further information about JEST Syllabus 2019 must go through this complete page which is well developed by expert team members of the page www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Get Here: https://recruitmentinboxx.com/best-bisexual-dating-apps/
JEST Physics Syllabus
JEST 2019 Physics Syllabus for Mathematical Methods:
- Vector algebra and vector calculus, tensors, curvilinear coordinate systems, linear algebra; Linear differential equations.
- Elements of Sturm–Liouville theory; Special functions; Complex analysis; Fourier series and Fourier transforms, Laplace transforms
- Elementary properties of discrete groups; Elements of probability theory, error analysis
JEST Syllabus Physics for Classical Mechanics:
- Newton’s laws, conservation of energy and momentum, collisions; generalized coordinates, principle of least action, Lagrangian and Hamiltonian formulations of mechanics
- Symmetry and conservation laws; central force problem, Kepler problem; small oscillations and normal modes; special relativity in classical mechanics
Electromagnetism & Optics:
- Electrostatics and magnetostatics, boundary value problems, multipole expansion; fields in conducting, dielectric, diamagnetic and paramagnetic media;
- Faraday’s law and time varying fields; displacement current;
- Maxwell’s equations; energy and momentum of electromagnetic fields; propagation of plane electromagnetic waves, reflection, refraction;
- Electromagnetic waves in dispersive and conducting media; diffraction, interference, polarization.
Start Here Online: https://recruitmentinboxx.com/free-disabled-dating-app/
- Uncertainty principle; Schrodinger equation; central potentials, hydrogen atom; orbital and spin angular momenta, addition of angular momenta
- Matrix formulation of quantum theory, unitary transformations, Hermitian operators; variational principle, time independent perturbation theory
- Time Dependent Perturbation theory.
Thermodynamics & Statistical Physics:
- Laws of thermodynamics, work and heat, thermodynamic potentials;
- Elements of kinetic theory; Maxwell’s relations;
- Statistical ensembles; partition function; classical ideal gas, harmonic oscillators;
- Classical and quantum statistics; Fermi and Bose gases; black body radiation; statistics of paramagnetic.
JEST Exam Syllabus For Electronics:
- Basics of semiconductor; p-n junctions, diodes, transistors; LCR circuits, rectifiers, amplifiers, active filters and oscillators
- Basics of OPAMPs and their applications; basics of digital electronics
JEST Exam Syllabus For Computer Science
Hence, the JEST Syllabus For Computer Science majorly focuses on the mathematical aspect of computer science.
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Algorithms
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques, and Tools
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms
- Fundamentals of Data Structures
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms
The test focuses on the following areas: Analytical Reasoning and Deduction, Combinatorics, Data Structures and Algorithms, Discrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Principles of Programming.
Download Previous Year Question Paper: https://recruitmentinboxx.com/tiktok-for-hooking-up/
JEST Exam Pattern
- The duration of exam is of 03 Hours only.
- The question paper of Physics will have two parts i.e. Part A and Part B.
- There will be 25 questions in each part with a total of 50 questions. Theoretical Computer Science will have total 7 questions.
- Approximately 40% questions will be from B.Sc. level and 60% will be from M.Sc. level
Know Here: How To Reduce Negative Marking In Exam
JEST Notification 2019 Details
JEST stands for Joint Entrance Screening Test and it is conducted by several leading research institutes for admission to PhD and Integrated PhD Course in its various participating Institutions. The JEST 2019 Exam is held for two subjects only, namely, Physics and Theoretical Computer science/neuroscience/Computational Biology. Online Application will be started from 1-11-2018.
So, willing candidates who want to get admission to PhD and Integrated PhD Course can apply for JEST Notification by filling the online form. Interested candidates can submit the online application form on or before the last date that is 15-12-2018. After completion of online process, many institutions will conduct the JEST Entrance Exam on 17-02-2019. So, applicants who are planning to prepare for exam may download the JEST 2019 Syllabus from this page and prepare accordingly.
Press Here For JEST Official Link
JEST Preparation Books
- Fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics and Thermal Physics by F. Reif
- Concepts of Modern Physics by Beiser, Mahajan and Choudhury
- Fundamentals of Molecular Spectroscopic by Banwell and Mcash
- Elements of Discrete Mathematics, C.L. Liu
- Discrete Mathematical Structures with Applications to Computer Science, Jean-Paul Tremblay and Ram P. Manohar
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig
- An Introduction to Mechanics by Kleppner and Kolenkow
- The Physics of Waves and Oscillations by N.K. Bajaj
- Introduction to Electrodynamics by David J. Griffiths
- Solid State Physics by Puri Babbar
- Classical Mechanics by J.C. Upadhyaya
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics by Erwin Kreyszig
- Compilers: Principles, Techniques and Tools, Alfred V. Aho, Ravi Sethi and Jeffrey D. Ullman
- Fundamentals of Data Structures, Ellis Horowitz and Sartaj Sahni
- An Introduction to Data Structures with Applications, Jean-Paul Tremblay and P.G. Sorenson
- Fundamentals of Computer Algorithms, Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni and S. Rajasekaran
- The Design and Analysis of Computer Algorithms, Alfred V. Aho, John E. Hopcroft and Jeffrey D. Ullman
- Introduction to Algorithms, Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson and Ronald L. Rivest
- How to solve it by computer, R.G. Dromey
Must Read: Things to Keep In Mind While Buying Books Online
Go through the above given JEST Syllabus 2019 and prepare accordingly. You can also follow us on Facebook and Google+ and bookmark the web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com by pressing Ctrl+D option for getting the latest details regarding JEST 2019 Syllabus. If you have any questions regarding Syllabus For JEST 2019 then drop your comment in the comment box.
Have a look on below links
|JEST Admit Card||JEST Result|
|JEST Answer Key||Important Essay Topics|
|11 Tips To Remember What You Read||10 Terrific Ways to Motivate Yourself|
|5 Benefits Of Yoga||Self-Confidence: The Key to Success|