National Aptitude Test in Architecture is commonly known as NATA, conducted by ouncil of Architecture or COA, every year for admission purpose. Candidates preparing for NATA 2024 Exam can download Updated NATA Syllabus PDF for B.Arch Maths, General Aptitude, Drawing from this web page.
Through NATA Exam, appearing aspirants can take admission to the architecture programme into many parts of the country. The score card of NATA considered as valid to government aided as well as private colleges. So, candidates are advised to prepare according to Updated NATA Syllabus 2024 available here.
NATA 2024: Detailed Information
In order to get admission into 5 years of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) programme in all over India, contenders are required to qualify NATA 2024. Candidates can get Official PDF of NATA Maths Syllabus PDF from here to get idea of the updated pattern of the examination. As per NATA syllabus 2024, candidates have to attempt 20 questions from Mathematics, 40 from General Aptitude and 2 questions on drawing.
After the submission of NATA Application Form, contenders have to participate in National Aptitude Test in Architecture. To crack the examination, you need to have Detailed Syllabus of NATA which has been provided by www.recruitmentinboxx.com for your comfort.
NATA 2024 Important Dates:
|Activity||NATA 2024 Exam Date|
|Availability of information in the public domain From||Updated soon|
|Start of Online form fill-up||Updated soon|
|End of registration||Updated soon|
|Image uploads allowed till||Updated soon|
|Fee payment allowed till||Updated soon|
|Confirmation page printing is available till||Updated soon|
|Candidate Correction window||Updated soon|
|Publication of Downloadable Admit Card||Updated soon|
|Date and Time of Examination||Updated soon|
|Publication of Results||Updated soon|
NATA Maths Syllabus
NATA Syllabus for Maths covers Algebra, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-dimensional Co-ordinate geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Permutation and combination, Statistics and Probability topics.
|NATA Syllabus Topics||NATA Syllabus Sub- Topics|
|Algebra||Definitions of A. P. and G.P.General term|
Summation of first n-terms of series ∑n, ∑n²,∑n 3
Arithmetic/Geometric series, A.M., G.M. and their relation
Infinite G.P. series and its sum
Change of base added in NATA Syllabus
|Matrices||Concepts of m x n (m ≤ 3, n ≤ 3) real matrices, operations of addition, scalar multiplication andmultiplication of matrices.|
Transpose of a matrix.
Determinant of a square matrix. Properties of
determinants (statement only).
Minor, cofactor and adjoint of a matrix. Nonsingular matrix. Inverse of a matrix.
Finding area of a triangle added in NATA Syllabus.
Solutions of system of linear equations. (Not more than 3 variables).
|Trignometry||Trigonometric functions, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and submultiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations.Properties of triangles, inverse trigonometric functions and their properties added in NATA Syllabus|
|Coordinate geometry||Distance formula, section formula, area of a triangle, condition of collinearity of three points in a plane.Polar coordinates, transformation from Cartesian to polar coordinates and vice versa.|
Parallel transformation of axes, concept of locus, elementary locus problems. Slope of a line. Equation of lines in different forms, angle between two lines.
Condition of perpendicularity and parallelism of two lines.
Distance of a point from a line.
Distance between two parallel lines.
Lines through the point of intersection of two lines.
Condition that a general equation of second degree in x, y may represent a circle.
Equation of a circle in terms of endpoints of a diameter.
Equation of tangent, normal and chord.
Parametric equation of a circle.
Intersection of a line with a circle.
Equation of common chord of two intersecting circles
|Dimensional Co-ordinate geometry:||Direction cosines and direction ratios, distance between two points and section formula, equation of a straight line, equation of a plane, distance of a point from a plane|
|Theory of Calculus||Functions, composition of two functions and inverse of a function, limit, continuity, derivative, chain rule, derivative of implicit functions and functions defined parametrically.Integration as a reverse process of differentiation, indefinite integral of standard functions.|
Integration by parts added in NATA Syllabus.
Integration by substitution and partial fraction.
Definite integral as a limit of a sum with equal subdivisions. Fundamental theorem of integral calculus and its applications. Properties of definite integrals.
Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first order differential equations
|Application of Calculus||Tangents and normals, conditions of tangency.Determination of monotonicity, maxima and minima. Differential coefficient as a measure of rate. Motion in a straight line with constant acceleration.|
Geometric interpretation of definite integral as area, calculation of area bounded by elementary curves and Straight lines.
Area of the region included between two elementary curves added in NATA Syllabus.
|Permutation and combination||Permutation of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n). Permutation of n things not all differentPermutation with repetitions (circular permutation excluded). Combinations of n different things taken r at a time (r ≤ n). Combination of n things not all different. Basic properties. Problems involving both permutations and combinations|
|Statistics andProbability||Measure of dispersion, mean, variance and standard deviation, frequency distribution.Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability and Bayes’ Theorem, independence of events, repeated independent trails and Binomial distribution added in NATA Syllabus.|
New Changes Introduced This Year:
- The examination will be conducted two times in a year. In mid-April and again on the first week of July 2024.
- For exam duration, 60 minutes will be provided for aptitude section and 120 minutes will be given for drawing section.
- A national level centralized counselling may be conducted for admission in architecture courses.
- Arts stream candidates are also eligible to apply for NATA 2024, if they qualify the mathematics, physics and chemistry as additional exams conducted by the CBSE board.
NATA General Aptitude Syllabus
- Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment.
- Interpretation of pictorial compositions,
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects.
- Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal),
- General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations
NATA Syllabus for Mathematical Reasoning
- Statements, logical operations like and, or, if and only if, implies, implied by.
- Understanding of tautology, converse, contradiction and contrapositive added in NATA Syllabus.
NATA Syllabus for Sets and Relations
- Idea of sets, subsets, power set, complement, union, intersection and difference of sets,
- Venn diagram, De Morgan’s Laws, Relation and its properties. Equivalence relation —
- Definition and elementary examples
NATA Drawing Test Syllabus
- Understanding scale and proportion of objects, geometric composition, shape, building forms and elements, aesthetics
- Colour texture, harmony and contrast. Conceptualization and visualization through structuring objects in memory added in NATA Syllabus.
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract.
- Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes. Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms. Generating plan, elevation, and 3D views of objects.
- Perspective drawing, sketching of urban scape and landscape.
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
Press Here To Download NATA Syllabus 2024 PDF
NATA Exam Pattern 2024
- Part A: Mathematics and General Aptitude Test
- Part B: Drawing Test
- Part B will be will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets
- Mathematics & General Aptitude Test: There is no negative marking.
- Questions and all instructions will be available only in English medium.
Must Read: NATA Previous Papers
|PART A (90 minutes)|
|PART B (90 minutes)|
|Drawing Two sets in A4 size paper||80/02|
NATA Notification 2024 Details
National Aptitude Test in Architecture is an entrance exam that is conducted by the Council of Architecture. The main objective of the NATA exam is to provide admission to the best candidates after analyzing their skill and aptitude in the Architectural field.
In the year of 2024, National Aptitude Test in Architecture will be based only online mode. Council of Architecture is all set to conduct the exam , so candidates who’re interested in test can fill the NATA Application Form between soon.
Students can do online studies for better preparation of exams, they can draw sketch in live online class; they can talk and interact with faculty member online.
The question paper of NATA will be designed as per the topics and sections that have covered by the NATA Syllabus and Exam Pattern. NATA is an Entrance exam that is conducted by the COA to choose the qualified and skilled candidates on the basis of their performance in the aptitude test.
START Practice With: NATA Mock Test Online
NATA Study Material 2024
- A complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch. Entrance Examination By P K Mishra
- NATA 2017 Full Package By Nata360
- NATA Guide to B. ARCH Entrance Examination with solved papers By GKP
- Steps to Architecture NATA and JEE Mains Entrance Exam Guide By R Gupta
- NATA & B.ARCH Question Bank By Ar. Shadan Usmani
Here on this page, we have provided complete NATA Syllabus 2024. For getting up-to-date details of NATA 2019 Syllabus and exam pattern, you can bookmark the web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com using CTRL+D. You can join us on Facebook and Google plus, to get all details regarding NATA Syllabus directly on your timeline. You can also subscribe on our email service.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|NATA Application Form||NATA Hall Ticket|
|Best Tips To Overcome Exam Fear||Tips to Get 100% Results in Exams|
|How To Study While Doing Job||Get Rid Of Sleeping While Studying|
|11 Tips To Remember What You Read||How to Score Good Marks in Exam|