President of India
The President of India plays the role of commander-in-chief of Indian Armed Forces and head of state. On 25-07-2017, Ram Nath Kovind beats opposition candidate Meira Kumar and become India’s 14th President with 65.6% votes.
Everyone wants to know about the current President- Mr. Kovind’s profile, struggle, tenure and many interesting things. We the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com is going to provide you the important things related to his work and profile.
Ram Nath Kovind was born on 01-10-1945 and now he is the current president of our nation. From 1994-2006, he was the Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha and from 2015 to 2017, he served as the Governor of Bihar.
President of India
Role and Duty of President of India:
- The Prime Minister of India is appointed by the President of India. Also he appoints the Council of Ministers. The president can assign governors of States, Chief Justice, Chief Election Commissioner, Attorney General, Ambassadors and High Commissioners to other countries.
- The President of the Nation is the common head of all independent constitutional entities. And his duty is to protect, preserve and defend the law and constitution of India. Along with this he can dissolve the Lok Sabha.
- The President of our Nation has Judicial, Legislative and Executive powers. He can also declare Financial Emergency, National Emergency and State Emergency only if needed. He is the commander-in-chief of Indian Armed Forces.
Check Now: List of Indian Presidents (1947-2022)
President of India-Tenure:
According to Constitution of India, the President may remain in the office for tenure of 5 years. As Mr. Kovind was elected on 25-07-2017 so most probably he will remain as the President of India till year 2022.
What is the Salary of the President of India?
The current pay scale of India’s President is Rs. 1.5 lakhs per month and the Vice-President’s salary is Rs. 1.10 lakhs per month. The scale is whooping-more than 200%, which will lift the President’s salary to Rs. 5 lakhs and Vice-President’s salary to Rs. 3.5 lakhs.
Know Here About: Vice President of India
About Ram Nath Kovind:
Ram Nath Kovind is the two times Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh and the current president of our nation. He was born on 01-10-1945 and started his political career in 1991 by joining BJP.
Mr. Kovind is the first person from Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) who holds the position of President of India. And he is the seconds Dalit President of our Nation after Late K.R. Narayanan.
Profile of Current President of India:
|Real Name||Ram Nath Kovind|
|Profession||Indian Politician, Advocate|
|Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Date of Birth||01-10-1945|
|Age (as in 2016)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Paraukh, Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Paraukh, Kanpur Dehat district, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|College||Kanpur University, Kanpur|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Com/ LL.B.|
|Family||Father- Maiku Lal, Mother- Kalawati, Brothers- 4, Sisters- 3|
|Address||Raj Bhavan, Patna, Pin-800022, Bihar|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste (Koli – a weaver community)|
|Favourite Politicians||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Favourite Leaders||Mahatma Gandhi, B.R. Ambedkar|
|Wife||Savita Kovind (Retired Government Employee, m.1974-present)|
Check Out: Current Members Of Parliament
Journey of Mr. Ram Nath Kovind:
- Kovind started his political career in 1991 by joining BJP. He Contested the Lok Sabha Election from Ghatampur constituency in Kanpur Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh. He did not win that time and again he contested an assembly election and lost again.
- In 1994, he was elected as Rajya Sabha MP from Uttar Pradesh and after 6 years, Mr. Ram Nath Kovind was re-elected as Rajya Sabha MP from the same state. In 2015, he was appointed as the Governor of Bihar state.
- On 20-06-2017, he resigned from the post and his name was announced as the nominee for the President of India. On 25-07-2017, Mr. Ram Nath Kovind took the oath as the President of India.
Also Check: List of Vice Presidents of India (1952-Till Now)
Before being the President of India, Mr. Kovind was a great lawyer. The 71 year old Mr. Kovind became India’s 14th President after former President Mr. Pranab Mukherjee.
We hope that you are satisfied with the above information about President of India. If you want to ask something then you can write to us in the comment box which is provided by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
You May Also Like To Check This Section