IIT JAM Notification
An employment advertisement has been published for admission in post courses titled as IIT JAM Notification by Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Aspirants who want to get admission in various post programmes in any of the IITs can apply now. Aspirants must qualify the Joint Admission Test (JAM 2017) examination to get admission in various courses. Candidates, meet the eligibility criteria can apply by Quick Registration in 3 Steps. You can follow this page to collect further details regarding IIT JAM Notification 2017.
Applying aspirants are informed that last date to submit online applications is 5th September 2016 and date of examination is 12th February 2017. Candidates must be prepared for the examination by follow this page as it contain all necessary info regarding the examination like exam pattern and others which is designed by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
It necessary for applying students to qualify this examination for taking admission to various PhD programmes at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and MSc (Two years), Joint MSc-PhD, MSc-PhD Dual course and the other Post Bachelor Degree Program at various IIT like IIT Bhubaneswar, Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Indore, IIT Delhi, IIT Gandhinagar, and others.
IIT JAM Notification
Courses offered by various IITs across the country are as following:
- Integrated Ph.D (at IISc Bangalore)
- M.Sc (Two year)
- Joint M.Sc-Ph.D
- M.Sc-Ph.D Dual Degree
- Candidates applying for IIT JAM must have at least 55% aggregate marks without rounding off for general category candidates for least 50% aggregate marks without rounding off for SC/ ST and PwD Category candidates in the qualifying degree.
- For candidates with grades in letter/ CGPA (instead of percentage of marks) the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the admitting institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by the last date scheduled below.
Mode Of Examination:
JAM 2016 will consist of six test papers that are stated below:
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Chemistry (CY)
- Geology (GG)
- Mathematics (MA)
- Mathematical Statistics (MS)
- Physics (PH)
|Day & Date||Session||Time||Codes of Test Paper|
February 12, 2017
|I||09 AM to 12 PM||BL, MA, PH|
|II||02 PM to 05 PM||BT, CY, GG, MS|
Check Here: IIT JAM Syllabus
IIT JAM Exam Pattern:
It consist total no of 30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) involving 10 questions of one mark each and 20 questions of two marks each.
This section contains Each MSQ type query is as similar as Multiple Choice Questions with a little variation that there may be one or more than one choice that is correct out of four given choices.
It contains a total of 20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two mark each. For these NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor.
START: Free Online Test Series
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|General and OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
Mode of Payment
Candidates applying for IIT JAM exam need to pay application fee through online mode using net banking account, debit or credit cards etc.
Aspirants will be shortlisted from the merit list of IIT JAM. You need to give your best in examination. After the result announcement, candidates selected in merit list can apply for the online admission form from 12th April to 25th April 2017.
Must Read: How to Prepare For Written Exam
Easy Steps To Apply Against IIT JAM Notification:
Contenders can complete JAM registration by using the few simple steps stated below:
- First and the foremost steps is to visit official website of the organization that is iitm.ac.in
- After that choose “IIT JAM NOTIFICATION 2017” link and press “Examination” tab that is available in the menu bar at top of the page.
- Then register yourself by filling required details.
- Now, you need to fill application form with concentrated mind.
- Then upload necessary educational documents and others (if required). NO hard copies of documents (except challan) are to be sent to the Institute.
- After that, make payment of application fee through net banking or challan. In case of challan, take a print out of slip and go to bank next day to make payment.
- Now press on “Save” button and verify all the details you have entered.
- After checking all the entered details correct, hit the “Submit” button for the final submission.
- Your form will be rejected if on scrutiny basis your documents are found to be incorrect.
Check Here: Process to Fill Online Application Form
Choices of cities:
|IISc Bangalore||Kozhikode, Lakshadweep, Mangalore, Palakkad, Thrissur, Benagaluru,Hubli, Kollam, Kottayam,|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Goa, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Vadodara|
|IIT Delhi||Delhi-NCR, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Hisar, Indore, Jaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Dhanbad, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Siliguri|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhopal, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur, Kolkata, Raipur, Ranchi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam|
|IIT Madras||Chennai, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli,Tirunelveli ,Warangal|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Jalandhar-Phagwara, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali-Rupnagar-Fatehgarh Sahib, Moradabad, Roorkee-Muzaffarnagar|
IIT JAM Admit Card:
Candidates can download the JAM 2017 admit card through the official website. The admit card will be available from the 10th January 2017 till Examination date.
Get Here: IIT JAM Admit Card
|Commencement of Online Registration and Application Form||5th September 2016|
|Last Date for Registration and Uploading of Documents on the Website||6th October 2016|
|Last Date for Payment of Application Fee through Online process||6th October 2016|
|Admit Card Download Date||10th January 2017|
|JAM 2017 Entrance Exam||12th February 2017|
|Result announcement||27th March 2017|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission||12th April to 25th April 2017|
|Last Date for receipt of request for change of category/rectification of defective documents at IIT Delhi||10 May 2017|
|Declaration of First Admission List||2nd June 2017|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||20th June 2017|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||3rd July 2017|
|Admission Closed on||7th July 2017|
Note: Candidates can collect more information about IIT JAM Notification 2017 by checking this Official Link. Candidates are informed that they can also bookmark www.recruitmentinboxx.com web portal for further details.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|IIT JAM Result||Best Colleges in India|
|Latest Current Affairs||Entrance Exams In India|
|Scholarship in India||Best Jobs In India|
|Strategies of Personality Development||Golden Rules of Career Success|