CDS 2 Notification
UPSC CDS 2 Exam Date revealed today on 08-08-2018!!! Union Public Service Commission has disclosed the UPSC CDS 2 Notification. According to the details available in CDS 2 Notification, candidates can apply email@example.com from 08-08-2018 to
03-09-2018 04-09-2018 (Extended). After the given date no CDS 2 Application Form will be accepted.
CDS 2 Exam Date disclosed : Examination will be held on 11-11-2018
Through CDS Examination, the Union Public Service Commission will appoint candidates in Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and training academy. There are approximately 414 vacancies for which this UPSC CDS 2 Notification has been disclosed.
CDS 2 2018 Exam Date is also released, and the Combined Defense Services Exam will be held on 11-11-2018. According to the UPSC CDS 2 Notification Union Public Service Commission is going to conduct the Union Public Service Commission Exam with the intention to check the ability of the candidates for providing admission in above said courses.
Applicants who are going to apply for CDS Exam should ensure that they fulfill all Combined Defence Services Examination eligibility conditions whichever is required for Examination and given in CDS 2 2018 Notification. If you want to know entire information regarding CDS 2 Notification 2018, check this page which is maintained by team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
CDS 2 Notification
CDS 2 Vacancies:
|Name of the Course||Approximate No. of Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 145th Course commencing in July, 2018 [Including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders].||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2018 Executive (General Service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)].||45|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in August, 2018 i.e. No. 204 F(P) Course.||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai—108th SSC Course (NT) (For Men) commencing in October, 2018.||225|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai—22nd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2018||12|
Read Out in Detail: CDS Eligibility Criteria
UPSC CDS Eligibility:
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy:
To fill up the CDS 2 Application Form 2018, Candidates should possess Graduate Degree in concerned discipline of a recognized University or equivalent with good academic records.
For Indian Naval Academy:
Candidates possessed Degree in Engineering with good academic records in relevant discipline from a recognized University/Institution are eligible to fill CDS 2 Application Form for Indian Naval academy.
For Air Force Academy:
Aspirants must hold Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
UPSC CDS Age limitation:
Applicants who are going to apply for CDS Exam 2 Notification must make sure that they have age as given below-
|Indian Military Academy||20-25 years|
|Indian Naval Academy||20-24 years|
|Indian Airforce Academy||20-25 years|
|Officer’s Training Academy(Women)||Unmarried Candidates (20-25 years)|
|Officer’s Training Academy (Men)||Unmarried Candidates (20-25 years)|
Read More on: CDS Eligibility Criteria
CDS 2 Application Form Fee:
- General category candidates have to pay Rs. 200/- as application fee.
- Combined defence service Exam II Application fees will be paid either via offline through cash by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI or online by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- All SC/ST/PWD and female candidates are exempted to pay any fees.
CDS Selection Process:
- According to UPSC CDS Exam Notification, recruitment panel of the commission has decided to conduct written test or personal interview, so the final selection will be based on written exam or interview.
- After qualifying the interview round, candidates will have to submit the original documents for verification within week, if any candidates having fake documents he/she will be disqualified.
Read Out Below Given Tips For CDS Exam:
UPSC Medical Standards (Height and weight) for cds 2 advertisement:
|Height/Weight Standards for Male Candidates|
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|18 years||20 years||22 years|
|152||44 (45 navy)||46||47|
|155||46||48 (47 navy)||49|
|Height/ Weight Standards for Female Candidates|
|Height (in cm)||Weight (in kg)|
|20 years||25 years||30 years|
- Can read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eye with or without glasses (For navy and Air Force without glasses only).
- Myopia should not be more than 3.5D
- Hypermetropia should not be more than 3.5D including Astigmatism.
- Can read 6/6 (better eye) and 6/8 (worse eye) in a distant vision chart with or without glasses
- Myopia should not be more than minus 5.5 including Astogination.
- Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye.
- Must have good binocular vision.
- The colour vision standard will be CP-III.
- Able to recognize red and green colours.
Get Here List of: CDS Exam Centres
Pay scale of Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy
|Rank||Level||(Pay in Rs.)|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10 B||6,13,00-1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||6,94,00 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600-2, 15,900|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200-2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||Level 15||1, 82, 200-2,24,100|
|HAG+Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/ Lieutenant General|
Allowances given to Officers:
The officers and their families are entitled to free medical aid, accommodation on concessional rent, group insurance scheme, group housing scheme, family assistance scheme, canteen facilities etc
Leave and Leave Travel Concession :
- Annual Leave—60 days a year.
- Casual Leave—20 days a year.
Check Pay Scale in Detailed Way Here: UPSC CDS Officer Salary
UPSC CDS 2 Notification (Previous Year Statistics):
- There will be negative marking, so for any each wrong question (1/3) marks will be deducted as penalty.
- If applicants have marked more than one alternative for each question then same penalty will be implemented.
- If any answer will be left blank then no marks will be deducted
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 Hours|
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
|General Knowledge||100||2 Hours|
Check Here: Best CDS Coaching Institute
Candidates finally selected for training, at the Officers’ Training Academy, will be required to deposit the following amount with the Commandant on arrival:
|Pocket allowance for three month||Rs.3,000/- @ Rs.1,000 per month|
|For items of clothing and||Rs.5,000/- equipment|
|Group Insurance Coverage||Rs.2,000/- for 02 months (AGIF)|
Process to fill UPSC CDS Online Application Form
- Interested candidates for CDS II Application Form need to visit the official site of organization that is www.upsconline.nic.in
- Follow “Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC” and hit the link.
- On next page follow “Combined Defence Services Examination (II)” link.
- Now read all the instructions carefully given the PDF file.
- Thereafter, candidates who have already registered may directly apply by log in.
- Those who are new users have to registered first, for this go to the CDS 2 Registration part 1 and fill up all details in it UPSC CDS Online registration form.
- After that, press “next” button then new page will be appear and asking for some details.
- Fill up all details in UPSC CDS 2 Application Form as required, and then upload photograph or signature and submit it.
- Now you will get provisional registered Id and password.
- Then, login with valid registered Id and password and go to the “apply online” link to fill CDS 2 Online Form.
- Fill UPSC CDS Application Form with remaining details and upload documents.
- It’s time to pay up mandatory details and submit UPSC CDS 2 Online Application Form.
- Lastly take out the print of submitted application for future use.
CDS II Exam Centres:
UPSC CDS Admit card:
Candidates applied for the CDS II examination must need to download CDS exam admit card. The CDS hall ticket will be release 15 days prior to examination so, all contenders keep visiting to our page and get call letter from here.
Read More on: CDS Admit Card
UPSC CDS Result:
Those who are going to appear in the examination they can check UPSC CDS cut off marks directly from here. We will update this page shortly UPSC CDS exam Result will be declared by the commission.
Get More Details of: UPSC CDS 2 Exam Result
After conducting examination, Service Selection Board of Ministry of Defence will conduct an interview of all the qualified candidates. Those who will be able to clear even interview round we will be finally selected.
Read Out: UPSC Interview Questions and Answers
Please Pay Attention….!!!!
Candidate need to have on look on below given Union Public Service Commission Notification to clutch important information….
Other Norms for CDS II Application Form:
Candidates are only required to use blue ball pen for the answers.
Articles permitted inside Examination Hall
Clip board or hard board (on which nothing is written), a good quality Black Ball Pen for marking responses on the Answer Sheet. Answer Sheet and sheet for rough work will be supplied by the invigilator.
Articles not permitted inside Examination Hall
Do not bring into the Examination Hall any article other than those specified above e.g. books, notes, loose sheets, electronic or any other type of calculators, mathematical and drawing instruments, Log Tables, stencils of maps, slide rules, Test Booklets and rough sheets pertaining to earlier session(s) etc.
Mobiles, phones, Bluetooth, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
Get Planning To Crack: How to Prepare For CDS Exam in 3 Months
Unfair means strictly prohibited:
No candidate will get any right to copy from the papers of any other candidate. It is strictly banned and papers should not be copied nor give nor attempt to give nor obtain nor attempt.
Conduct in Examination Hall:
- You should not misbehave in any manner or create disorderly scene in the Examination Hall or harass the staff employed by the Commission for the conduct of the examination.
- This type of misconduct will be punishable.
Answer Sheet particulars:
- You should write with Black ball pen your Centre and subject followed by test booklet series (in bracket), subject code and roll number at the appropriate space provided on the answer sheet at the top.
- Also encode your booklet series (A, B, C, or D as the case may be), subject code and roll number in the circles provided for the purpose in the answer sheet.
Method of marking answers:
- Do not write the answers in the ‘OBJECTIVE TYPE’ of examination.
- For each question (hereinafter referred to as “Item”) several suggested answers (hereinafter referred to as “Responses”) are given.
- You have to choose one response to each item.
- The question paper will be in the Form of TEST BOOKLET. The booklet will contain item bearing numbers 1, 2, 3…….etc. Under each item, Responses marked (a), (b), (c), (d) will be given.
Entries in Scannable Attendance List:
Candidates are required to fill in the relevant particulars with black ball pen only against their columns in the Scannable Attendance List, as given below.
- Blacken the circle (P) under the column (Present/Absent)
- Blacken the relevant circle for Test Booklet Series
- Write Test Booklet Serial No.
- Write the Answer Sheet Serial No. and also blacken the Corresponding circles below.
- Append signature in the relevant column.
From Here, Get: UPSC CDS 2 Answer Key
CDS 2 2018 dates:
|CDS 2 Exam Notification released on||08-08-2018|
|UPSC CDS 2 Registration will end on|
|Admit card will be issued||In November 2018|
|CDS 2 Exam Date||11.11.2018|
|Result will be announced on||After Exam|
For enquiry, candidates can easily contact for CDS Nov exam Notification on the below provided telephone number:
Candidates may check Official Link for more details regarding CDS 2 Notification 2018-2019. Stay connected with our web portal that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get latest information time to time. One can also bookmark our site by using ctrl+d key.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|UPSC Notification||CDS 1 Result|
|UPSC Calendar||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Exam Pattern||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Coaching Institutes||UPSC Exam List|