IELTS Exam Pattern
At present, more than 10,000 organizations as well as institutions worldwide accept IELTS Results, includes universities, colleges, employers and governments. Candidates who are going to appear in exam can check IELTS Exam Pattern, Latest IELTS General Test Format from here.
Candidates have a choice of two versions of the IELTS Exam such as the IELTS Academic Exam and IELTS General Training Exam. Appearing students are advised to prepare for IELTS Exam according to latest IELTS Exam Pattern available on this page.
About IELTS Exam and why it is conducted?
IELTS is English Language Test approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for visa customers applying both outside as well as inside the UK. IELTS is organized by institutions to check candidate’s proficiency level in English language.
To get further details regarding IELTS Exam Pattern 2018, candidates need to scroll down the page which is well created by the dedicated team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
IELTS Exam Pattern
IELTS Test Pattern 2018:
|IELTS Test Component||Duration||Brief Description|
|Listening||30 minutes||4 sections, 40 items|
|Reading||60 minutes||3 sections, 40 items|
|Writing||60 minutes||2 tasks|
|Speaking||11-14 minutes||3 part one-on-one conversation|
Read Out: 10 Mistakes You Make Daily in English
IELTS General Exam Pattern: LISTENING (30 minutes)
Candidates listen to four recorded texts, monologues and conversations by a range of native speakers, and write their answers to a series of questions. As per IELTS Exam Pattern, Listening section includes questions which test the.
- Ability to understand main ideas as well as detailed factual information.
- Ability to understand the opinions as well as attitudes of speakers.
- Ability to understand the purpose of what is said and ability to follow the development of ideas. A variety of voices and native-speaker accents is used and you will hear each section only once.
Know Here: How to Prepare for IELTS Exam
IELTS Exam Pattern: READING (60 minutes)
According to IELTS Exam Pattern PDF, the Reading section consists of 40 questions of 60 minutes. A variety of question types is used in READING section in order to test a wide range of reading skills. These include reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, understanding logical argument, recognizing writers’ opinions, attitudes and purpose.
Reading – Academic Version
The academic version ranges from descriptive and accurate to irrelevant and analytical to three broad texts and it includes three long texts. Texts are authentic and taken from books, magazines, magazines and newspapers and have been selected for non-specialist audiences, but it is recognizable for anyone seeking admission in graduate or postgraduate courses or for professional registration.
Reading – General Training Version
The General Training version requires candidates to read extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks and guidelines. It is a content that can be displayed on daily basis in an English speaking environment.
IELTS Exam Pattern: WRITING (60 minutes)
The Writing component of the Academic version includes two tasks which are given below. Topics are of general interest to, and suitable for candidates looking for professional registration and anyone entering undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
- Task 1: You are suggested to be presented with a graph, table, chart or diagram and are asked to describe, summarize or you can explain the information in your own words.
- Task 2: In Task 2, you will be asked to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem. Responses to both tasks must be written in a formal style.
General Training Version
According to IELTS Exam Pattern, the Writing component of the General Training version includes two tasks based on topics of general interest given below.
- Task 1: You will be presented with a situation and asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation and the letter may be personal, semi-formal or formal in style.
- Task 2: Applying candidates will be asked to write an essay related to a point of view, argument or problem. The essay can be slightly more personal in style than the Academic Writing Task 2 essay.
IELTS Exam Pattern: SPEAKING (11 to 14 minutes)
Through speaking component, authority evaluates the use of spoken English, and takes between 11 and 14 minutes to complete. Every test is recorded.
- Part 1: In Part first, candidates will have to answer general questions about themselves and a range of common topics, such as their home, family, work, studies and interests. This part lasts between 4 and 5 minutes.
- Part 2: Secondly, aspirants will invited to speak for up to two minutes but before starting, they will get a minute to prepare their thoughts on an allocated topic. The examiner will then ask one or two questions on the same topic to finish this part of the test.
Check Also: Easiest Way To Speak English Fluently
To get more information about the IELTS Exam Pattern 2018 – 19 you are advised to stay tuned with us through this web page (www.recruitmentinboxx.com). Join us on Facebook or Google + for latest recruitment IELTS Exam Updates. For any query regarding IELTS Exam Pattern given above, you can simply ask in below given comment box. WE will try to solve your query as soon as possible.
You May Also Like To Check This Section
|IELTS Result||Find These Common Errors in English Grammar?|
|English Grammar Quiz||15 English Words made from Hindi|
|Give Self Introduction In Interview||Learn English Online|
|Vocabulary Online Quiz||10 Necessities Of Smart Learning|