IIT JAM 2023
IIT JAM 2023 exam is expected to be held in February 2023. The Indian Institute of Technology will release IIT JAM 2023 application form tentatively in the month of September 2022 on the official portal. Check here IIT JAM Application Form Process, Fees, IIT JAM Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus, etc.
Students who fulfill all the eligibility norms can apply by submitting their IIT JAM Online Application form on or before the last date which is October 2022. If you are facing any problems during the application process, you can check the step-wise procedure to fill the IIT JAM 2023 application form provided below on the page.
IIT JAM Exam 2023
Joint Admission Test is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology on a rotation basis to offer admission to eligible candidates in M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree & other courses.
This is a gateway for getting admission in Top reputed colleges & institutions like IITs & IISc. For further details related to IIT JAM 2023, you may go through the following section of this page which is well-designed by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
IIT JAM 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Examination||Indian Institute of Technology Joint Admission Test|
|Conducted By||One of the IITs|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Courses Offered through|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Eligibility Requirements||Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree|
(50% for reserved categories)
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|IIT JAM Helpline Details|
IIT JAM 2023
IIT JAM 2023: Important Dates
|IIT JAM 2023 Release of online application||September 2022|
|Deadline for submission of application form||October 2022|
|Release of IIT JAM Admit Card||January 2023|
|IIT JAM 2023 Exam Date||February 2023|
|Announcement of IIT JAM 2023 Results||March 2023|
|Deadline for submission of application form||1st to 3rd week of April 2023|
|Last date for recovery or rectification of|
|1st week of May 2023|
|Release of 1st admission list||3rd week of May 2023|
|Release of 2nd admission list||2nd week of May 2023|
|Release of 3rd admission list and final admission||June 2023|
|Closure of admissions||1st week of July 2023|
Courses Offered at IITs:
- M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree
- Integrated Ph.D. Degree Programs at IISc
- Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D.
- Admission to M.Sc. (Two Years)
- Other Post-Graduate Degree Programs at IITs
IIT JAM 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Both Indian and foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applying candidates should have completed a graduation degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% marks or 5.5 CGPA from a recognized university or institute.
- Students in the final year of their graduation degree can also apply.
- Applicants belonging to ST/SC/PwD category must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks or a 5.0 CGPA in graduation.
IIT JAM 2023 Application Form
Candidates can submit the IIT JAM Application Form using the JAM Online Application Processing System available on the official website.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to fill IIT JAM 2023 Application Form:
- First of all, visit the official website of IIT JAM 2023- www.jam.iitm.ac.in.
- Move your cursor towards the “admission” tab that appears at top of the home page.
- Now, hit on “application form” link available on the next page.
- Candidates are required to hit on the appropriate link regarding the IIT JAM application form.
- This will move you to the next page where you are required to enter all essential details in a proper manner.
- After that, hit on “submit” button.
- Contenders are advised to download the application form by following the suitable tab appearing on that page.
- At last, candidates may take a printout of it to avoid any problems in the future.
Press Here To Get IIT JAM Official Link
IIT JAM 2023 Application Fee:
Candidates who are going to apply for the Indian Institute of Technology JAM 2023 are required to submit an amount as an application fee which has been divided according to category wise. The complete details are given below in the following table:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories), SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
IIT JAM 2023 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted online.
- The total time will be allotted to students of 3 hours.
- The question paper will be only in the English language.
- There will be total 60 number of questions asked in the examination.
- The question paper will be divided into three sections.
- The examination will be of a total of 100 marks.
- There will be no negative marking applied for sections B and C.
|Type of questions||Total marks|
|Section A||30||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||10 *1 + 20*2= 50|
|Section B||10||Multiple Select Questions (MSQs)||10*2=20|
|Section C||20||Numerical Answer Type||10*1+10*2=30|
IIT JAM 2023 Syllabus
The Syllabus for IIT JAM is discussed as follows:
IIT JAM Mathematics Syllabus: Functions of One, Two, and Three Real Variable, Sequence and Series of Real Numbers, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, etc.
IIT JAM Chemistry Syllabus: Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry
IIT JAM Physics Syllabus- Sequence and Series, Mathematical Methods, Oscillations, Electricity and Magnetism, Kinetic theory, Waves and Optics, Devices and Electronics, Thermodynamics, Calculus, Matrices, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Probability, etc.
IIT JAM Geology Syllabus: Geomorphology, Paleontology, Petrology, Mineralogy, The Planet Earth, Structural Geology, etc.
IIT JAM Biological Sciences Syllabus: Basics of Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology, General Biology, Biophysics; Chemistry & Biology (10+2+3 level), Physics& Mathematics (10+2)
IIT JAM 2023 Cut off (Expected)
Based on the previous year’s cut-offs, the category-wise expected IIT JAM Cut off is given in the following table:
|Subject||General Category||SC/ST Category||OBC Category|
IIT JAM 2023 Preparation Books
- Mathematics: Mathematical Analysis-S.C. Malik, Integral Calculus-Gorakh Prasad, Geometry & Vectors – Vasishtha
- Physics: Introduction to Solid State Physics-Charles Kittel, Mathematical Methods for Physicists-Arfken, Heat and Thermodynamics-Mark Zemansky
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry-Levine, Essentials of Nuclear Chemistry-H. J Arnikar, Chemistry of Organic Natural Products-O. P. Agarwal
- Biotechnology: Molecular Cell Biology-Harvey Lodish, Biochemistry-Lehninger, Microbiology-Michael Pelczar Jr.
- Geology: Physical Geology-Mukherjee, Structural Geology-Prof. Haakon Fossen, Geodynamic Evolution of India-K S Valdiya
- Biological Sciences: Life Sciences: Fundamentals and Practice-Pranav Kumar, Usha Mina, Cell and Molecular Biology-Karp, Genetics: A Conceptual Approach-Benjamin A. Pierce
- Mathematical Statistics: Introduction to Mathematical statistics-Hogg & Craig, Introduction to the Theory of Statistics-Mod & Graybill, Mathematical Analysis-S.C. Malik
JAM 2023 Exam Centres:
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Hyderabad, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Nanded, Nasik, Nagpur, Pune, Vadodara, Goa,|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Greater Noida, HisarJaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi, Indore,|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Dibrugarh, Siliguri, Dhanbad,|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Bhopal, Bareilly, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad,|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam, Kharagpur, Raipur|
|IIT Madras||Chennai,Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Warangal, Tiruchirapalli, Kottayam, Thiruvananthapuram,|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Roorkee, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Jalandhar,|
Check State Wise: UGC Declared 24 Fake Universities in India
For more details about IIT JAM 2023 Application Form, you may go through the Official Link. We hope you are satisfied with the info provided on this page of www.recruitmentinboxx.com. If you want to know the latest updates regarding this post, then you may like our page on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|NIRF India Ranking||Best Colleges in India|
|Latest Current Affairs||Scholarship in India|