Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The Indian Government provides Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2022 for girl students up to 30 years of age who happen to be the only Single Girl Child in their families. This Indira Gandhi PG Scheme aims to promote girl education and compensate for the direct costs of girl education at the PG level.
University Grants Commission Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme is a great initiative to facilitate the education of underprivileged Single Girl Children. If you want to apply for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 then you need to submit your applications through online mode before the last date.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme 2022
In order to achieve and encourage girls’ education, University Grants Commission has introduced a Post Graduate Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education. The eligibility criteria and some other important information regarding Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme are mentioned below.
So, students need to match the required eligibility criteria before applying for PG Scholarship Scheme 2022. To cover further details about UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022, students need to look at the below section which is well created by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Overview
|Scholarship Name||Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Objective||Rs. 36,200 per month|
|Beneficiaries||Single girl child|
|Official site||NSP Portal|
Indira Gandhi Scholarship
UGC Indira Gandhi Scholarship Objective
The objectives of the proposed scheme are:
- To facilitate post-graduate education of single girl child in postgraduate courses only.
- To recognize the value of observance of the small family norms.
- The Indian Government has taken this step to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls.
- Girl students without having a brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughters may apply for PG Scholarship Scheme under the aforesaid scheme.
Eligibility criteria for Single Girl Child Scholarship
- Slots: 3000
- The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme is applicable to such single girl child who has taken admission to regular, full-time first-year Master’s Degree course in any designated university or a post-graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year students only.
- A female candidate who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- This scholarship is available to Post Graduation-I year students only.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme
- Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme:
- The total numbers of slots for Scholarship are 3000.
- In the chorus, the award letter will also be uploaded on the UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Amount
Girls who will be selected for the UGC Indira Gandhi Scheme will receive Rs. 36200/- per month for a period of two years (10 months in the year). No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection Process
- Candidates will be shortlisted by the Selection Committee as per the procedure of the commission.
- Candidate selection will be done after reviewing their application form by the expert committee panel.
- Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in.
Press Here To Read Guidelines Of Post Graduate Scholarship For Single Girl Child
How to fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship application form?
- First of all, you need to log the official National Scholarship Portal which is scholarships.gov.in.
- Then hit on “UGC Schemes” from the homepage.
- Afterward, a drop-down list will be opened you have to select the “PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” link.
- Press on the “guidelines” tab written in front of the above-given link.
- Read complete guidelines related to the Scholarship Scheme.
- Afterward, revisit the previous page and press the “apply” option and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Enter your ID and password to log in and then press the “login” button and fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship Application Form.
- Fill in the required details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of essential documents.
- Then press the save button and continue after that registration id will be generated
- Now go to qualification information and fill in all obligatory details in regard to your qualification
- At last, submit your details filled in the Online Form.
Press Here To Apply Online For Scholarship
Press Here For Indira Gandhi Scholarship Link
Documents to Be Submitted:
- An affidavit on Rs. 50/- Stamp paper, from student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazette Officer
- Proof of admission to Ist Year Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University
- A certificate from the College/University where student have taken admission to 1st year PG course
- Scanned Copy of Candidate’s Recent size Color Photograph
Single Girl Child Scholarship Helpline
Students can make use of the following contact details in case of any queries related to the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship scheme 2022:
- Phone Number: 0120 – 6619540
- Email: email@example.com
Last Date to apply for Scholarship: Updating Soon
Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 FAQs
Ques1. How do I apply for Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022?
Ans. You can easily apply online for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship by visiting the official National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in. The step-wise procedure for the same is discussed above in this article.
Ques2. What is PG scholarship scheme?
Ans. Such schemes which are meant to provide assistance in the form of financial aid, grants, tuition fee waiver, monthly allowance, stipend, etc. for students studying at the post-graduate level fall under the category of PG Scholarships. There are numerous PG Scholarship schemes provided by both government and private organisations.
Ques3. What are the documents required for Indira Gandhi scholarship?
Ans. Candidates need to submit the following documents along with the Scholarship Application Form:
- Proof of admission to Master’s degree in a recognized Indian University
- An affidavit from the student duly attested by the First Class Magistrate/Gazetted Officer mentioning that she is the only child in the family.
Ques4. What is Single girl scholarship?
Ans. This scheme is introduced to promote education among the girl child of the country by providing financial support. This is a Government Scholarship that aims to bear all expenses related to the education of the single girl child in a family. The scholarship amount is Rs.36,200 per month.
Ques5. What is the eligibility criterion to apply for Indira Gandhi SGC Scholarship 2022?
Ans. Female students who are pursuing 1st year of any PG program are eligible to apply for this scholarship scheme.
Ques6. What is the reward amount associated with the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child scheme?
Ans. The beneficiaries will receive Rs. 32,600 per year as the scholarship reward.
Ques7. How do I check Indira Gandhi Scholarship application status?
Ans. You need to visit the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) and log in using your ID & Password. On the dashboard, you can check your application status.
Ques8. What are the Contact details for UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022?
Ans. In case of any queries, you can contact the authorities using the following contact details:
- Helpline No.: 0120-6619540
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: UGC, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi – 110 002
We hope the info related to the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 provided on this page proved to be helpful to you. If you have any queries regarding Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme then write them in the comment box placed below.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|List of Scholarships In India||Best Career Options|
|UGC Approved Universities||List Of Top Universities in India|