Indira Gandhi Scholarship
The Indian Government provides Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2022 for girl students of up to 30 years of age who happen to be the only Single Girl Child to their families. This Indira Gandhi PG Scheme aims to promote girl education and compensate for the direct costs of girl education to all levels.
University Grants Commission Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme is a great initiative to facilitate the education of underprivileged Single Girl Child. If you want to apply for the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 then you need to submit your applications through online mode before the last date.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme 2022
In order to achieve and encourage girl’s education, University Grants Commission has introduced a Post Graduate Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education. The eligibility criteria and some other important information regarding Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme is mentioned below.
So, students need to match the required eligibility criteria before applying for PG Scholarship Scheme 2022.To cover further details about Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022, students need to look at below section which is well created by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Indira Gandhi Scholarship
Objectives of Scholarship:
The objectives of the proposed scheme are:
- To facilitate post graduate education of single girl child in postgraduate courses only.
- To recognize the value of observance of small family norm.
- Union Government of India has taken this step to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls.
- Girl students without having any brother or the girl student who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter may apply for PG Scholarship Scheme under the aforesaid scheme.
Eligibility criteria for Single Girl Child Scholarship:
- Slots: 3000
- The Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme is applicable to such single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full time first year Master’s Degree course in any designated university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year student only.
- Female candidate who will be a single girl child of her parents will be eligible to apply for the concern.
- This scholarship is available to Post Graduation-I year student only.
- Admission to PG Course in Distance education mode is not covered under the scheme
- Girl students up to the age of 30 years at the time of admission in PG courses are eligible.
Nature of Assistance Available Under the Scheme:
- Total numbers of slots for Scholarship are 3000.
- In chorus, the award letter will also be uploaded on UGC website which may be downloaded with the respective ID generated at the time of processing of the submission of their application form through online mode.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship Amount:
Girls who will be selected against the Indira Gandhi UGC Scholarship will receive Rs. 36200/- per month for a period of two years (10 months in the year). No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Candidates will be shortlisted by the Selection committee as per the procedure of the commission.
- Candidate’s selection will be done after reviewing their application form by expert committee panel.
- Result in respect of the list of selected candidates will be uploaded on the UGC website www.ugc.ac.in.
How to fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship online application form?
- First of all, you need to log the official website of University Grant Commission that is scholarships.gov.in.
- Then hit on “UGC Schemes” from homepage.
- Afterwards a drop down list will be opened you have to select “PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child” link.
- Press on “guidelines” tab written in front of above given link.
- Read complete guidelines from Indira Gandhi Scholarship Scheme.
- Afterwards revisit to previous page and press on “apply” option and you will be redirected on a new page.
- Enter ID and password to login and then press “login” button and fill Indira Gandhi Scholarship Application Form.
- Fill the required details in the application form.
- Upload scanned copies of essential documents.
- Then press save button and continue after that registration id will be generated
- Now go to qualification information and fill all obligatory details in regard of your qualification
- At last, submit your details filled in the Online Form.
Documents to Be Submitted:
- An affidavit on Rs. 50/- Stamp paper, from student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazette Officer
- Proof of admission to Ist Year Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University
- A certificate from the College/University where student have taken admission to 1st year PG course
- Scanned Copy of Candidate’s Recent size Color Photograph
Last Date to apply for Scholarship: Updating Soon
We hope the info related to the Indira Gandhi Scholarship 2022 provided on this page proved to be helpful to you. If you have any query regarding Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scheme then write it in the comment box placed below.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|How To Apply For Education Loan||Best Career Options|
|UGC Approved Universities||List Of Top Universities in India|