Ishan Uday Scholarship
The University Grants Commission (UGC) and Ministry of HRD has launched special scholarship scheme for North Eastern Region of India, Ishan Uday Scholarship. Students who are interested in Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 can fill the online application form with the help of this page. Check UGC Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme details and apply before the last date.Ishan Uday NER Scholarship Scheme:
UGC has decided to launch the “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for the North Eastern Region for encouraging and promoting higher education to children belonging to the economically weaker sections of the NE region. There are many students who can take advantage of this Ishan Uday Special Scheme.
Before applying, aspirants must verify the eligibility criteria and other information by scrolling down this page or can visit the official website of the organization which is scholarships.gov.in. We have provided complete details regarding Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023, so candidates can scroll down this page which is created by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 23 Highlights
|Name of the scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023|
|Offered by||The Ministry of HRD and University Grants Commission|
|Objective||To promote higher education and improve |
gross enrollment ratio in North Eastern Region
|Scholarship benefits||Up to Rs. 7,800 per month|
|Eligibility||Domiciled students of NER admitted to the 1st year |
of a degree course (general or professional)
|Number of awards||10,000|
|Application process||Apply online via NSP portal|
Ishan Uday Scholarship
Objectives of Ishan Uday Scheme
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholars must ensure they fulfill all the eligibility conditions before applying for the Ishan Uday North East Scheme since ineligible candidates have to face rejection at further stages of the selection procedure. The detailed Eligibility Criteria for this Scholarship scheme are explained below.
- Domicile – The applicant must have a domicile in the North Eastern Region in any of the following states:
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Gender – Candidates of all genders (Male, Female, or Transgender) are eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- Family Income – The annual income of the applicant’s family must not exceed Rs. 4,50,000 from all sources.
- Educational Qualification – The candidate must have passed the class 12th examination in the preceding year of the application.
- Additional Criteria – The applicant must have secured admission to an Institution/ University/ College with the AISHE code into the first year of the degree course of professional, technical, paramedical, or medical course in any of the following:
- Universities/Colleges/Institutions included under section 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act
- Institutes Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 are eligible to receive grants-in-aid from the commission
- Universities/colleges/ institutions funded by central and state government
- Institutes of national importance
- Institutes recognized by statutory councils
Candidates falling in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship scheme:
- Students who have taken admission to an open university.
- Those who are currently benefitted from any other scholarship scheme to pursue a UG course.
- Students who have secured admission under the management quota.
- Students pursuing a diploma course or any other course not leading to award a recognized degree
- Candidates whose family income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per year from all sources.
Check Out: List Of Latest Scholarships In India
UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 Amount
A total of 10,000 scholarships will be provided under the Ishan Uday scheme. The authority will disburse the amount through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student. Refer to the table placed below to check the Ishan Uday Scholarship award:
|Courses||Amount (per Month)|
|General Degree courses||Rs. 5,400|
|Technical, Medical, Professional, Paramedical Courses||Rs. 7,800|
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based on the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently-abled persons.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023?
The step-wise Online Application Process for Ishan Uday NER Scheme is explained as follows:
- First of all, you have to log in to the official National Scholarship Portal which is scholarships.gov.in.
- Scroll down the home page and hit on ‘UGC/AICTE Scheme’ tab.
- Follow the “Central Schemes” link provided on the home page.
- Then press on “University Grants Commission” and a drop-down list will appear.
- You need to follow the “ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region” link and press on “Guidelines” link.
- Then you have to read the Scholarship Guidelines carefully that will be open on your computer screen.
- Candidates who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria go back to the previous page and press on “Apply” link.
- Look for ‘Applicant Corner’ section and hit on ‘New Registration’ link.
- First register yourself with the asked details. After successful registration, come back to the home page and hit on ‘Fresh Application’ or ‘Renewal Application’ accordingly
- Then you have to fill the Ishan Uday Online Application form with all required details and attach all documents/testimonials along with the application form whatever is required.
- Finally, take a preview of the duly filled Application Form and submit it by pressing the “Submit” button.
- You can take a printout of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Form for future use and keep it safe for future use.
UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 Important Links:
Press Here – Ishan Uday Official Website
Press Here – Apply Online Application
Press Here – Ishan Uday Scholarship FAQs
Scanned Documents needed at the time of online application:
- Joining Performa for fresh awardees
- Performa for renewal
- Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation certificate
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
The selection of candidates will be based on the marks scored in the Class XII examinations. Distribution of the available slots will be done on the basis of last population census. The scholar would be awarded from the date of joining the course as certified by the University/ Institution/ College.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 Renewal Application
Students going for renewal of the Scholarship need to log in using their Application ID and DOB used in the previous year during the fresh application. In case you forgot your Login ID then you can use the Forgot Application ID option to retrieve it. Only those candidates will be able to renew their application who received the scholarship awards last year from NSP.
Candidates who are applying for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2023 can acquire further detail through the Official Link. You are advised to stay connected with our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get the latest updates or notifications regarding various Scholarship Schemes in India.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Documents Required For Counselling||Documents Required For Education Loan|