Ishan Uday Scholarship
The University Grants Commission (UGC) under MHRD provides the Ishan Uday Scholarship for financial aid to the students from North East Region (NER). Check the complete Ishan Uday Scheme 2022-23 online, Eligibility Criteria, Amount, Last Date, etc. discussed below in this article.
According to the Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission, this Ishan Uday Special Scheme for North Eastern Region shall be given to those who are not able to complete their higher study due to financial problems.
Ishan Uday NER Scholarship Scheme:
UGC has decided to launch the “Ishan Uday” Special Scholarship Scheme for the North Eastern Region for encouraging and promoting higher education to children belonging to the economically weaker sections of the NE region. There are many students who can take advantage of this Ishan Uday Special Scheme.
Before applying, aspirants must verify the eligibility criteria and other information by scrolling down this page or can visit the official website of the organization which is scholarships.gov.in. We have provided complete details regarding Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23, so candidates can scroll down this page which is created by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23 Highlights
|Name of the scholarship||Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23|
|Offered by||The Ministry of HRD and University Grants Commission|
|Objective||To promote higher education and improve |
gross enrollment ratio in North Eastern Region
|Scholarship benefits||Up to Rs. 7,800 per month|
|Eligibility||Domiciled students of NER admitted to the 1st year |
of a degree course (general or professional)
|Number of awards||10,000|
|Application process||Apply online via NSP portal|
Ishan Uday Scholarship
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23 Important Dates
|Starting Date of Online Application||August 2022|
|Last date of Online Application||November 2022|
|Last date for Defective verification||November 2022|
|Last date for Institute verification||November 2022|
Objectives of Ishan Uday Scheme
- To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
- To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
- To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
- Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation
Ishan Uday Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Scholars must ensure they fulfill all the eligibility conditions before applying for the Ishan Uday North East Scheme since ineligible candidates have to face rejection at further stages of the selection procedure. The detailed Eligibility Criteria for this Scholarship scheme are explained below.
- Domicile – The applicant must have a domicile in the North Eastern Region in any of the following states:
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Gender – Candidates of all genders (Male, Female, or Transgender) are eligible for this scholarship scheme.
- Family Income – The annual income of the applicant’s family must not exceed Rs. 4,50,000 from all sources.
- Educational Qualification – The candidate must have passed the class 12th examination in the preceding year of the application.
- Additional Criteria – The applicant must have secured admission to an Institution/ University/ College with the AISHE code into the first year of the degree course of professional, technical, paramedical, or medical course in any of the following:
- Universities/Colleges/Institutions included under section 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act
- Institutes Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 are eligible to receive grants-in-aid from the commission
- Universities/colleges/ institutions funded by central and state government
- Institutes of national importance
- Institutes recognized by statutory councils
Candidates falling in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship scheme:
- Students who have taken admission to an open university.
- Those who are currently benefitted from any other scholarship scheme to pursue a UG course.
- Students who have secured admission under the management quota.
- Students pursuing a diploma course or any other course not leading to award a recognized degree
- Candidates whose family income exceeds Rs.4.5 lakh per year from all sources.
Check Out: List Of Latest Scholarships In India
UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 Amount
A total of 10,000 scholarships will be provided under the Ishan Uday scheme. The authority will disburse the amount through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to the beneficiary student. Refer to the table placed below to check the Ishan Uday Scholarship award:
|Courses||Amount (per Month)|
|General Degree courses||Rs. 5,400|
|Technical, Medical, Professional, Paramedical Courses||Rs. 7,800|
- UGC will award 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships per year.
- Allocation of slots for each State shall be done based on the population (latest census report) of the respective State. If the slots remain vacant in any particular State, the unfilled slots shall be distributed equitably among other States.
- There shall be three Percent horizontal reservation for differently-abled persons.
How to Apply for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022?
The step-wise Online Application Process for Ishan Uday NER Scheme is explained as follows:
- First of all, you have to log in to the official National Scholarship Portal which is scholarships.gov.in.
- Follow the “Central Schemes” link provided on the home page.
- Then press on “University Grants Commission” and a drop-down list will appear.
- You need to follow the “ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region” link and press on “Guidelines” link.
- Then you have to read the Scholarship Guidelines carefully that will be open on your computer screen.
- Candidates who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria go back to the previous page and press on “Apply” link.
- Then you have to fill the Ishan Uday Online Application form with all required details and attach all documents/testimonials along with the application form whatever is required.
- Finally, take a preview of the duly filled Application Form and submit it by pressing the “Submit” button.
- You can take a printout of the Ishan Uday Scholarship Form for future use and keep it safe for future use.
UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022-23 Important Links:
|Scholarship Official Guidelines||Check Here|
|Apply Online Application (Fresh Students)||Apply Here|
|Apply for Renewal||Apply Here|
|Ishan Uday Scholarship FAQs||Read Here|
|Ishan Uday Official Website||Press Here|
Scanned Documents needed at the time of online application:
- Joining Performa for fresh awardees
- Performa for renewal
- Certificate of income by the Competent Authority of the State Government in which the student is domiciled.
- Domicile State Certificate by the Competent Authority.
- Quarterly Continuation certificate
- Affidavit (Undertaking for not availing any other Scholarship in the form of an affidavit on Rs.50/- Stamp paper from the student/parent duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate / Gazetted Officer (not below the rank of Tahsildar) copying the prescribed languages.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of candidates will be based on the marks scored in the Class XII examinations. They should score well to get the scholarship.
The scholar would be awarded from the date of joining the course as certified by the University/ Institution/ College.
Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 Renewal Application
Students going for renewal of the Scholarship need to log in using their Application ID and DOB used in the previous year during the fresh application. In case you forgot your Login ID then you can use the Forgot Application ID option to retrieve it. Only those candidates will be able to renew their application who received the scholarship awards last year from NSP.
Ishan Uday Scholarship Helpline
Candidates can contact the authorities using the following contact details if they face any sort of difficulties or have any queries regarding this scholarship scheme:
- E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline Number: 080 2228 0380, 011-23604446, 011-23604200
Candidates who are applying for Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022 can acquire further detail through the Official Link. You are advised to stay connected with our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to get the latest updates or notifications regarding various Scholarship Schemes in India.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Documents Required For Counselling||Documents Required For Education Loan|