Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship is an initiative of the government for the higher education of SC/ST Candidates. Students who want to achieve their dream of pursuing M.PHIL and Ph.D. programs must submit RGNF Application Form 2022 before the Last Date which is mentioned below.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) scheme was introduced and is run by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The scheme is especially meant for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe students. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment formulates and disburse the scholarship to the SC scholars under the RGNF scheme. On the other hand, the Fellowship for ST students is funded by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship 2022 Last Date
Students can submit Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Form by going through the official website of the University Grant Commission. Apart from it, you may take the help of the given guidelines or direct links on this page. As per Fellowship Scheme, there are 667 slots for ST and 2000 slots for SC Students. The closing date for submission of the application for the National Fellowship for SC Students is 31 July 2022.
For more details about Rajiv Gandhi National Foundation 2022 or to apply for the SC/ST Fellowship, scroll down and explore the following section of this page which is well designed by the team members of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
RGNF 2022 – Overview
|Name||Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for SC/ST 2022|
|Launched by||Ministry Of Social Justice And Empowerment and the Ministry of Tribal Affairs|
|Objective||Providing fellowship opportunity|
|Beneficiaries||SC and ST students|
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2022 Important Dates
|Application Deadline for National Fellowship for ST Students||Application Over|
|Application Deadline for National Fellowship for SC Students||31 July 2022|
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship For Students with Disabilities:
- Persons with Disabilities need to register first for M.PHIL / PH.D degree in a University or academic institution within a period of 2 years from the receipt of the award letter.
- In case of his / her tenure would be satisfactory after 2 years then his / her contract will be extended for a further period of 3 years as a Senior Research Fellowship.
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship For SC Candidates:
Aspirants who belong to SC/ST category must have passed the Post Graduate examination before applying for the said scheme. Candidates should be getting registered for M.PHIL / Ph.D. first not later than within a period of two years from the receipt of the award letter.
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Duration for Students with Disabilities:
|Name of the Course||Max Duration||Admissibility of JRF and SRF|
|M.PHIL||2 years||2 years||NIL|
|Ph.D.||5 years||2 years||Remaining 3 years|
|M.Phil + Ph.D.||5 years||2 years||Remaining 3 years|
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship UGC for Students with Disabilities:
- Every year 200 schemes are offered to the Students with Disabilities.
- For Scheduled Castes 15% reservation is available and for Scheduled Tribes 7 ½% reservation is available.
- Under the scheme of SC candidates, there is a 3% reservation of fellowships for Persons with Disabilities (SC categories) as per rules provided by the Government of India.
Also Check: worst cities for dating
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Amount
Fellowship for SC ST Category:
|Fellowship in Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Engineering & Technology||@Rs.16000/-p.m. for initial two years, @Rs.18000/-p.m. for remaining tenure|
|Humanities & Social Sciences|
|Contingency A||@Rs. 10000/-p.a. for initial two years, @Rs.20500/-p.a. for remaining tenure|
|Sciences, Engg. & Technology|
|Contingency B||@Rs.12000/-p.a. for initial two years, @Rs.25000/-p.a. for remaining tenure|
|For all disciplines|
|Departmental Assistance||@Rs. 3000/- p.a. per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure|
|Escorts / Reader assistance||@ Rs. 2000/- p.m. in cases of physically handicapped & blind candidates|
|HRA||As per rules of the University|
Fellowship offered for candidates with Disabilities:
|Item||University Grants Commission Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship|
|Fellowship (For All Subjects)||@ Rs. 16,000/- PM for initial two years (JRF), @ Rs. 18,000/- PM for the remaining tenure (SRF)|
|Contingency (For Humanities, Social Sciences and Commerce)||@ Rs. 10,000/- PA for initial two years, @ Rs. 20,500/- PA for remaining three years.|
|Contingency (For Sciences and Engineering & Technology)||@ Rs. 12,000/- PA for initial two years, @ Rs. 25,000/- PA for remaining three years.|
|Departmental Assistance [Discontinued as per pattern of e-payment towards RGNF-SC/ST and MANF]||@Rs. 3000/-PA. per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure|
|Escorts / Reader Assistance||@ Rs. 2000/- PM in cases of physically handicapped & blind candidates|
|HRA||As per rules of the University / Institutions|
How to Apply for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2022?
Candidates who are going to apply for the said Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship scheme are needed to go through the steps which are mentioned below:-
- Begin by visiting the official website of RGNF which is rgnf.ugc.ac.in.
- On the homepage, you will see various links in relation to the RGNF Scheme 2022.
- Select the “Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC Candidate” or the “Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities” link for which you want to apply for.
- Now you have to go through the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Notification and read it carefully
- After reading the advertisement you need to read the given instructions and press the ‘apply now’ tab.
- Then you have to Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Online Application Form and upload scanned documents whatever is required.
- Finally, you are required to submit the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Form and take a printout of it for further use.
RGNF 2022 Required Documents
Candidates will need the documents listed below at the time of application for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship 2022:
- Candidate’s caste certificate issued by the competent authority
- Specific handicapped certificate, if needed
- Postgraduation mark sheet in PDF/JPG/GIF format
- Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institution stating that the necessary facilities will be provided by the College/University/Institution in case the candidates get selected for this fellowship
Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Contact Details
- Address: University Grants Commission (UGC), Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, ITO Metro Gate Number 3 Road, New Delhi, Delhi 110002
- Phone: 0120-6895200
Candidates may get complete details about Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship 2022 through the Official Link. You are advised to stay connected with our web portal www.recruitmentinboxx.com to attain the latest updates.
You May Also Like To Visit This Section
|Best Colleges in India||List Of Top Universities in India|
|Documents Required For Education Loan||Best Career Options|