Calicut University Syllabus
Aspirants who are searching for Calicut University Syllabus can get the exact Calicut University Syllabus for BA/BCOM/B.TECH from here. You can also download Calicut University MCA syllabus and other syllabus from the Official Link. Candidates, who are going to appear in the UG and PG exam and want to begin their preparation in better way, must know the complete Syllabus. Candidates who wish to obtain better marks are advised to prepare according to the Calicut University Syllabus 2018 as given here.
Calicut University offers various courses such as M.Phil / Ph.D, Master Degree Courses, Bachelor Degree Courses, PG Diploma / Diploma, Certificate Courses and Cost Based Courses through regular and distance mode. For appearing in the exam you need to prepare through the exact Calicut University Syllabus 2018. You may get the direct links to acquire Calicut University BSC Physics Syllabus and other syllabus form this page crested by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com.
Calicut University Syllabus
Calicut University B.TECH/ B.Arch syllabus:
Candidates you can hit on the below given link and get the syllabus for B.TECH/ B.Arch in the PDF form. You may start your preparation by referring to the syllabus.
Calicut University Syllabus for Engineering Mathematics I:
- Ordinary Differential Equations (24 hours) Equations of first order – Separable, Homogeneous,
- reducible to Homogeneous and Linear, Bernoulli‘s and Exact Equations – Orthogonal trajectories – Linear second order equations – Homogeneous Linear equation of second order with constant coefficients – Non-Homogeneous Linear equation of second order with constant coefficients – Solutions of Linear equations of second order with variable coefficients (Only Cauchy‘s equation) – method of variation of parameters.
Laplace transforms (18 hours) Gamma and Beta functions – Definitions and simple properties – Laplace transform – Inverse Laplace transform – shifting theorems – Transforms of derivatives – Transforms of integrals – Differentiation of transforms – Integration of transforms – Convolution theorem (No proof) – Transform of Unit step function – Transform of Impulse function – transforms of periodic functions – Solution of ordinary differential equations using Laplace transform.
Vector Differential Calculus (18 hours) Vector function of a Single Variable – Differentiation of vector functions – Scalar and Vector fields – Gradient of Scalar fields – Divergence and Curl of Vector Fields – their properties – Physical meanings – Relations between the vector differential operators.
Vector Integral Calculus (18 hours) Line, Surface and Volume integrals – Line integrals independent of the Path – Green‘s Theorem in the plane – Gauss Divergence Theorem – Stoke‘s Theorem (Proofs of these theorems are excluded)
Must Read: How to Prepare For Written Exam
Calicut University Syllabus for Engineering Physics:
- Interference- Basic concepts-Types of interference-Interference in thin films -Plane parallel filmsColours of thin films in reflected and transmitted light- Interference in wedge shaped filmsApplication in testing of optical flatness- Newton’s Rings-Theory and expression for the radii of dark and bright rings in reflected system-Applications- Measurement of wave length of a monochromatic light and refractive index of a liquid.
- Diffraction of light-Fresenls and Fraunhoffer classes-Difraction grating-Simple theory of plane transmission grating (normal incidence)-Resolving and dispersive powers of a grating with expressions (no derivation)-Determination of wavelength of monochromatic light using plane transmission grating.
- Ultrasonics -Properties of ultrasonic waves- Piezo-electric and magnetostriction effect-Production of ultrasonic waves by piezo-electric effect method.
- Accoustic grating-Determination of velocity of ultrasonic waves in a liquid using ultrasonic diffractometer.- Important engineering applications of ultrasonic waves.
- Polarisation-Basic concepts-Production of polarised light-Double refraction-Optic axis and principle plane-Huyghens explation of double refraction in uniaxial crystals-Positive and negative crysatalsNicol prism-Construction and working (as polarizer and analiser)-Quarter wave and Half wave platesSuperposition of plane polarised light-Theory (analytical analysis) of elliptical and circularly polarised light- Experimental methods for producing and detecting linearly, elliptically and circularly polarized lights-Polaroids-Optical activity-Biot’s laws-specific rotation-Laurent’s half shade polarimeter-Determination of concentration of sugar solution-Applications of plane polarised light.
- Quantum mechanics-Introduction-Duality of radiation and matter-Uncertainity principle-Concept of wave packet-Group and phase velocities –Wave function in quantum mechanics and its physical significance-Operators in quantum mechanics (basic concepts only)-Schroedinger equation for a free particle, time dependant and independent (steady/stationary) forms and their derivations –Expectation values-Application-Particle in one dimensional box (potential well) -Eigen values and eigen functions. Statistical mechanics -Introduction-Macroscopic and microscopic systems -Phase space-Statistical distributions-Maxwell-Boltzmann, Bose-Einstein and Fermi-Dirac statistics-Basic postulates and distribution functions (no derivation)-Bosons and fermions.
- Laser-Introduction-Spontaneous and stimulated emissions-Population inversion-Optical resonant cavity -Basic component of a laser- Characteristics of laser-Intensity, spatial and temporal coherence- 8 University of Calicut B.Tech Syllabus – Combined First & Second Semesters – 2014 coherence length-monochromaticty-convergence-Einstein coefficients and the analysis of lasing conditions-Different laser system-Construction, working and features of Ruby, He-Ne, Nd:YAG and Semi conductor lasers Application of lasers in medicine-industry, science and communicationsHolography-Basic principle-Construction and reconstruction of hologram-Applications.
- Optical fibre-Basic structure-Light propagation through optic fibre-Step index and graded index fibres-Single mode and multi mode fibres-Acceptance angle and numerical aperature of a fibre.Expression for numerical aperature for a step index fibre.
- Normalised frequency number (V number) of a fibre-Transmission losses in fibres-Attenuation and distortion-Fibre optic communication system-application of optic fibres . Nano science-Basic ideas –Nano clusters-variation of properties of nano materials –Carbon nano tubes- -Applications of nano materials and nano technology (qualitative ideas only).
Check Also: How To Write On Exam Paper Faster & Better
- Semi conductor physics-Formation energy bands in solids and their classifications-Intrinsic and extrinsic semi conductors-Density of states functions of electrons and holes in the energy bands (expressions only)
- Concentration of electrons in the conduction band and holes in valence bandFermi energy – Fermi level in intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors-Donor and acceptor levelsVariation of Fermi level with temperature and doping Semi conductor devises-P-N junction characteristics and applications
- Zener diode-Zener breakdown and avalanche breakdown- Zener diode as a voltage regulator-Working and uses of tunnel diode and varactor diode-Light emitting diode
- Solar cell-Applications-Bipolar junction transistorCharacteristics of npn/pnp in CE modes-Current amplification factor.
- Superconductivity-Introduction-Transition temperature-Effect of magnetic field (magnetic field and critical current density)-Meissner effect-Type I and type II super conductors-Isotopic effect-Persistent current-Flux quantization-Josephons effects-SQUID-High temperature super conductivityApplications of super conductivity.
- Organo Metallic Compounds:
- Definition – classification based on the nature of metal-carbon bond.
- Metal carbonyls – 18 electron rule – Mononuclear and polynuclear carbonyls (give examples of Fe, Co, Ni).
- Bio-Inorganic chemistry: Metal ions in biological system – trace and bulk metal ions – Haemoglobin and myoglobin (elementary idea only).
- Green chemistry – Goals of green chemistry – Limitations.Twelve principles of green chemistry with their explanations and examples – Designing a green synthesis – Prevention of waste / byproducts – Atom economy (maximum incorporation of materials used in the process) – Minimization of hazardous / toxic products – prevention of chemical accidents – Green synthesis
- Polymers – classification – Types of polymerization – addition, condensation, co-polymerisation, coordination polymerization. Polymerisation techniques – Bulk, solution, suspension and emulsion.
- Concept of Tg, Factors affecting Tg, Crystallinity in polymers, physical and mechanical properties (density, tensile, tear, abrasion resistance, resilience).
- Lubricants – Theories of friction – Mechanism of lubrication Thick film, thin film, extreme pressure. Classification – solid, liquid, semisolid – properties – viscosity, flash point, fire point, cloud and pour point, Aniline point, corrosion stability.
- Fuels: Classification-Calorific Value -Cracking and Reforming-Petrol Knock and octane numberDiesel knock and cetane number. Bio-Diesel.
Electrochemistry – single electrode potential – Helmholtz double layer – Nernst equation – derivation – types of electrodes (S.H.E, Calomel, Quinhydrone, glass electrode), pH measurements using glass electrode, Electrochemical cells, concentration cells – salt bridge –emf measurement – Poggendorf’s compensation method – Electrochemical series – applications – storage cells – Lead acid accumulator – alkaline cells – Nickel cadmium – fuel cells – H2/O2 fuel cell – solar cells .
Know: 11 Tips To Remember What You Read
- Corrosion and its control – theories of corrosion – dry corrosion and wet corrosion – galvanic series – corrosion of iron in acidic, neutral and basic conditions – Differential aeration corrosion, stress corrosion – galvanic corrosion – Factors influencing corrosion.
- Corrosion control methods – protection by sacrificial anode – Impressed current- self protecting corrosion products – Pilling Bed worth rule- Coatings – Organic (Paints and polymers) Inorganic – Metallic (galvanizing, tinning, electroplating, cementation) Nonmetallic (phosphate, chromate, anodising, chemical oxide).
- Water – Hardness, alkalinity– determination of hardness- EDTA method –softening – lime soda, Ion exchange methods – purification of water for domestic use. Water pollution – BOD, COD, DO
Calicut University Syllabus for Engineering Mechanics:
Introduction to engineering mechanics – units – dimensions – vector and scalar quantities – laws of mechanics – elements of vector algebra – important vector quantities – equivalent force systems – translation of a force to a parallel position – resultant of a force system – simplest resultant of special force systems – distributed force systems – equations of equilibrium – free body diagrams – free bodies involving interior sections – general equations of equilibrium – problems of equilibrium – static indeterminacy. (Both vector and scalar formulations are to be introduced to solve problems.)
- Friction – laws of friction – simple contact friction problems. Introduction to structural mechanics – trusses – analysis of simple trusses – method of sections – method of joints. Properties of simple and composite plane areas and curves – first moment and centroid– theorems of Pappus-Guldinus – second moment of plane and composite areas – parallel and perpendicular axis theorems – polar moment of inertia of area – product of inertia and principal axis (conceptual level treatment only).
- Moment of inertia of a rigid body and lamina (derivation of MI for cylinder, rod and sphere).
- Kinematics of particles – rectilinear motion – curvilinear motion – motion of a projectile – tangential and normal acceleration Kinetics of particles – rectilinear motion – curvilinear motion – Newton‘s second law– D‘Alembert‘s principle – motion on horizontal and inclined surfaces – motion of connected bodies.
- Work, power and energy –work-energy equation – transformation and conservation of energy – impulse and momentum.
Check Out: How To Find Study Material Online
- Kinematics rigid bodies – rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis – plane motion of a rigid body – instantaneous center Kinetics of rigid bodies – equations of motion of a rigid body rotating about a fixed axis – rotation under the action of a constant moment – D‘Alembert‘s principle – equations of motion for general plane motion – principle of work and energy.
- Application of Graphical Methods in Mechanics – Force Poligons – Applications in truss analysis, centriod and moment of inertia
Calicut University Syllabus for Basics Of Civil Engineering:
- Scope of Civil Engineering- Role of Civil Engineers in nation building.
- Brief description of Engineering properties and applications of the following construction Timber, Iron & steel. (Study on laboratory tests not expected, detailed manufacturing processes of materials not expected).
- Stone and brick masonry construction- bonds used in general constructions- Cement mortar and Cement Concrete – Properties and applications- Reinforced Cement Concrete Fundamentals – points to be observed during masonry construction and concreting (Only brief description is expected).
- Introduction to Surveying – brief description of the following instruments (i) chain and accessories (ii) Dumpy level (iii) Theodolite.
- Use of levelling instrument for determining reduced levels of various stations- Simple problems on levelling – use of theodolite for measuring horizontal angles – Simple problems on horizontal distance and plane area. (Only brief description is expected).
- Building drawing- plan, section and elevation of a single room building with RCC roof (sketching in the paper/note book only is expected). T
- ype and functions of the following structural components of buildings (i) Foundation (ii) Wall (iii) Column (iv) Beam (v) Slab (vi) Arch & Lintels (vii) Plane Trusses. (viii) Cross Sectional elements of Roads and Dams.
Calicut University syllabus for B.TECH/ B.Arch 2018>>>Get PDF
Calicut University Syllabus 2018
In below segment of this page, we are providing links of other programs. Candidates who are pursuing in any below stated programs can download Calicut University Syllabus, easily through below stated links.
Steps to Download Calicut University Syllabus:
- To acquire Calicut University BCOM syllabus and other, you must log on to the official website of the Calicut University that is www.universityofcalicut.info.
- On the home page you have to press “Syllabus” tab given in the menu bar.
- A new page will get opened on your digital screen and you can check the syllabus of the courses available.
- Hit on the suitable course and the syllabus in PDF form will get appear on your digital screen.
- You can download Calicut University BBA syllabus and other syllabus or take a print out of it for the future usage to prepare for the exam.
Check Out: Calicut University Time Table
Dear Candidates, you can join us on Facebook and Google plus, to gather information related to Calicut University Syllabus 2018 for BA, BCOM, B.TECH, MA and other examinations. Candidates, if you have any doubt regarding this Calicut University Syllabus, then you can ask by leaving comment in below comment box. You can also subscribe on our email service which is completely free. Candidates, you can also get information related to Calicut University BCA syllabus Calicut University, Calicut University MBA syllabus, BSC computer science syllabus Calicut University, BSC psychology syllabus Calicut University from our website that is www.recruitmentinboxx.com. You may also visit to the Official Link for more related details.
You May Also Like To Check This Section: