How To Join Indian Army
Being placed in the Indian Army and serving the nation is considered to be one of the most admirable jobs. A question that How To Join Indian Army always hits someone when he/she gets a vision of joining Army as Special Forces/Officer even after qualification like Arts/ Commerce/ Engineering. Indian Army is one of the most privileged forces in this world wide and also known as for its elevated principles of employment and training.
Indian Army has different principles of selecting eligible aspirants for the vacant posts of soldiers, officers, engineers, lawyers, nurses, judges and others. All the posts provided by the Indian army can be classified into two different commissions that are permanent and temporary.
Here we will discuss about how to join Indian army as an officer After Arts/Commerce/Engineering. Aspirants may get detailed information about How To Join Indian Army 2018 on the below section of this page which is well stated by the team of www.recruitmentinboxx.com
Indian Army and Types Of Commission:
For all the Indians, it is one of the most commendable and highly regarded achievements to get Jobs in the Indian Armed Forces. Indian army sector offers luxurious, highly payable and of course, self pleasing jobs in the country, which makes the same one of the highly preferred jobs around the nation. Indian Army offers 2 types of service commission that are permanent and short service commission
- Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun grants Permanent commission (PC)
- Officers Training Academy (OTA) Chennai grants Short Service Commission (SSC)
Permanent Regular Commission:
|Type of Commission||Required Qualification||Training||Remarks|
|NDA Entry||10+2||Four Years (Three years at NDA, one year at IMA)||Awarded Graduate Degree from NDA|
|Direct Entry||Graduate||One years and six months|
|ACC Entry||10+2||Four Years (Three years in ACC Wing and one years at IMA)||Graduate Degree from ACC Wing|
Technical Graduate Course and Post Graduate Entries (AEC & MF)
|Technical Graduate and Postgraduate (AEC & MF)||One Years||Awarded 1 years ante date seniority only to Tech Graduate|
|University Entry Scheme||Engineering Degree||One Years at IMA||Awarded 1 years ante date seniority only to Tech Graduate|
|PC (SL)||Higher Secondary (11th Pass) Student||Four Weeks at OTA|
|SCO||Class XI CBSE pattern||One years at IMA|
|10+2 Entry TES||10+2(PCM)|
Pre-Commission Training four years and Post Commission Training one years
Get Here: Indian Army Syllabus
Short Service Commission:
|Type of Commission||Required Qualification||Training||Remarks|
|Engineering Degree/Equivalent/M.Sc (Computer Science) as applicable to different corps||49 weeks||Awarded one year ante date Seniority|
|SSC (Women) Tech||Graduate/PG Diploma PG Degree /Engineering|
|Awarded one year ante date seniority for Tech Graduate|
|SSC (Women) Non Tech|
Designations, Offered by Indian Army:
Indian Army offers various designations as:
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Major General
- Lieutenant General
- Junior Commissioned Officer
Check Out: More Defence Jobs
How To Join Indian Army?
How to join Indian army after 10th?
- For NDA (National Defence Academy): Youngsters acquired 16 ½ to 19 years of age.
- 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme: age limits 16 ½ to 191/2 years
- Candidates who are high school passed can join Indian Army as a Solder General Duty and for this they should have scored 45% in 10th class age limit between 17.5 -21 years.
- The selection will be based on the physical fitness test, written examination and medical test conducted by Indian Army.
Check Here: Indian Army Recruitment Rally Notification
How to join Indian army after 12th?
- Aspirants who are 12th passed can apply for Soldier Technical / Clerk/Storekeeper Technical/ Nursing Assistant if their age is between 17.5 -23 years.
- Recruitment will be based on the physical fitness/written /medical examination.
- Candidate who want to join as an officer have to apply for NDA Entrance Exam conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April/October.
- Applicant age must be 16.5 to 19 years.
- Selection process includes objective type test, SSB interview and medical examination
More Job Options:
How to join Indian air force after 12th Commerce?
- Students who have completed their 10+2 from commerce side, can’t appear for NDA entrance exam
- After 12th, aspirants can’t become a Commissioned Officer in IAF or Indian Navy.
- Through NDA Entry, right after 12th Candidates may become Indian Army Officer
How to join Indian army after Engineering?
- For UES (University Entry Scheme): Applicants must be in between 19-25 yrs and in pre-final years of Engineering Degree Course.
- For TGC (Engineers): B. Tech/B. E. final appearing and degree holders (20 to 27 years of age) can apply.
- For SS (Short Service Commission Technical Men): Engineering degree in notified discipline (20-27 yrs. In age) holders can apply.
To Get More Engineering Jobs: Hit Here
How to join Indian army after graduation?
- For IMA (Indian Military Academy Direct Entry):- age must be between 19 to 24 years
- For OTA SSC (Officers Training Academy): age must be between 19 to 25 years.
- Candidates should have accomplished the Graduation for both posts.
- Graduates who are in the age group of 19 – 24 years can join Indian Army through UPSC CDS Exam. This examination is held two times in the month of March/October every year.
- The examination includes written test, SSB interview and medical test. After clearing CDS, candidate will be selected in Indian Military Academy (IMA).
- Aspirants can also join Short Service Commission (Technical/Non Technical) for which they need to clear CDS. After selection they will trained for few months in Officers Training Academy (OTA).
Get More: Jobs After Graduation
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Army Jobs:
|Eligibility Criteria (As obtained from official recruitment website of the Indian Army)|
|Age Criteria||As per UPSC notification|
|Required Qualification||12th Class of 10+2 System of Education/Equivalent for Army and with Physics and Maths for AF & Navy|
|Application to be Received by||As per UPSC notification|
|Likely SSB Date||Sep to Oct and Jan to Apr|
|Date Commencement of Training||Jan and Jul|
|Training Academy||NDA, Khadakwasla, Pune|
|Duration of Training|
Dear applicants! The article about how to join India Army that we have discussed above, we hope that it is very beneficial to you. To get other related articles keep visiting www.recruitmentinboxx.com regularly.
You May Also Like To Check This Section:
|Indian Army Admit Card||Latest Police Jobs|
|Employment News- New Updates||Get Free Job Alerts On Mail|
|List of Coaching Classes for Police/Defence||All Govt. Jobs By State|